Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: DOOM
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2016, 01:46:40 AM »
Doom is having an open beta for all. It is free to just check here its coming soon. http://doom.com/en-gb/beta
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2016, 12:32:47 PM »
I've seen the game-play previews on YouTube. It looks good and I'll have to get this, whenever I decide to get a PS4.

I should give the classic Doom games a play because I barely remember them from back in the day. I'm on my second run of Doom 3 and I'm starting to get more into it. I should get it on Steam because I'd like to play the extra content and finally kick Betruger's demonic arse!

As for Doom 4, the weapon select system looks a lot better in the single player preview.

I get so mad when I reach for the Soul Cube button (which I've got assigned to the "~`") while getting attacked by Arch-Viles or Hell Knights and I accidentally bring up the PDA! xD The brutal kills you can perform also look cool and there's nothing like blasting demon brains with a good ol' shotgun! >:D

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2016, 10:37:13 PM »
I've seen the game-play previews on YouTube. It looks good and I'll have to get this, whenever I decide to get a PS4.

I should give the classic Doom games a play because I barely remember them from back in the day. I'm on my second run of Doom 3 and I'm starting to get more into it. I should get it on Steam because I'd like to play the extra content and finally kick Betruger's demonic arse!

As for Doom 4, the weapon select system looks a lot better in the single player preview.

I get so mad when I reach for the Soul Cube button (which I've got assigned to the "~`") while getting attacked by Arch-Viles or Hell Knights and I accidentally bring up the PDA! xD The brutal kills you can perform also look cool and there's nothing like blasting demon brains with a good ol' shotgun! >:D

Yeah I like how the SP is looking on this did you see those super secrets? There is one in each level I think and it takes you to a classic Doom level. Reminds me of what Wolfenstein did when you play some of the old levels :) Its releasing quite soon yeah thank goodness there isn't that weapon limit in SP.

HD version of this pic here

I'm also working on a map for Doom 64 EX :) Hoping to release it before the new game comes out :P But I started this like a day ago and not much time left xD

Now I uploaded a video of the normal game its level 2.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:29:12 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2016, 06:12:43 AM »
I haven't seen any secret things. I'm still not that familiar with the franchise, even though I've know about it for as long as I can remember. I see it's going to be on Steam, but I might get it on PS4, whenever I get that.

My Steam games can play well, but this game looks like it's going to use up a lot of memory, even for my computer. I finally finished Painkiller, last week and the final battle against Death got a bit laggy. I had been playing it for a while and the Colosseum level was quite huge.

I'm assuming this game will have big areas. The fires are definitely more realistic. Remember how the Flamethrower use to lag Turok 2? xD Another reason why I'd rather get it on the console. No automatic background processes slowing the gaming down.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »
That's true though its probably quite hefty but in case anyone wants to see the requirements they were released recently for PC :)

I snapped a pic off of gamerequirements.com

For the super secret I was speaking of just check 1:27 out in this video

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:38:36 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2016, 11:38:32 PM »
It released though nice to see a classic still trying to survive. Hope it goes well.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2016, 02:03:32 AM »
I haven't seen any secret things. I'm still not that familiar with the franchise, even though I've know about it for as long as I can remember. I see it's going to be on Steam, but I might get it on PS4, whenever I get that.

My Steam games can play well, but this game looks like it's going to use up a lot of memory, even for my computer. I finally finished Painkiller, last week and the final battle against Death got a bit laggy. I had been playing it for a while and the Colosseum level was quite huge.

I'm assuming this game will have big areas. The fires are definitely more realistic. Remember how the Flamethrower use to lag Turok 2? xD Another reason why I'd rather get it on the console. No automatic background processes slowing the gaming down.
Get it on PS4. If you have PSN, tell me and i'll add you. ;)

I probably won't get a PS4 anytime too soon, but I will eventually. My birthday is in two months... I don't expect presents these days, though and only get money.

I see it's out on Steam. I'm thinking of getting the BFG edition to Doom 3. I haven't seen any sale on it, yet.

I'm sure my computer can handle Doom 4 and I have 8GB of RAM along with those others listed, but I'd be happy getting it on PS4. Also, running Turok and Painkiller on Steam seems to make my computer run hot to the point where I need to point a fan at it. Steam lives up to its name! xD

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2016, 02:11:15 AM »
Since I ordered physical I must wait till it arrives before I can play hopefully tomorrow.  Yeah I thought there might of been a sale but looks like its a no :s

My Doom 64 level is coming along though :)

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2016, 12:15:36 PM »
If there isn't a sale by afternoon (my time), I'm just going to get it. The game is worth the money and I want it legally. It will also give me a chance to play the older ones.

Does this also have Resurrection of Evil in it?

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2016, 12:59:46 PM »
If there isn't a sale by afternoon (my time), I'm just going to get it. The game is worth the money and I want it legally. It will also give me a chance to play the older ones.

Does this also have Resurrection of Evil in it?

Yes Doom 3 BFG comes with RoE it also has another episode on there and of course Doom 1 and 2 :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal