Author Topic: Update #2  (Read 5721 times)

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
Update #2
« on: April 10, 2017, 08:51:48 PM »
Update #2 has been released that hopefully will improve performance and gameplay. The official patch notes can be viewed here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/405830/announcements/detail/575740768226142774

Here's some additional information regarding the patch:

Singleplayer Weapon Changes
Shredder: damage decreased from 8 to 6. Scatter projectiles no longer trigger events and no longer bounce again when hitting actors.
RazorWind: damage is reduced by 75% when damaging the Mother, Queen, and Primagen bosses.
Charge dart: consumes 1 ammo for the first 5 levels of charge. Consumes 2 ammo on 6th level of charge. Consumes 3 ammo on 7th charge level.

Multiplayer Weapon Changes
Pistol: damage increased from 10 to 16
Mag60: damage increased from 14 to 17.5
Firestorm Cannon: damage increased from 3.75 to 7.5
Grenade Launcher: damage increased from 40 to 50. Damage Radius increased by 25%. Water Damage Radius increased by 250% to match non water damage radius.
Plasma Rifle: bNetSpawned and bNetLatencyComp flags added to particle. Firing Animation speed plays twice as fast.
Scorpion Missle Launcher: Firing animation time takes twice as long. damage increased from 20 to 50. Damage Radius increased by 25% on default/water/stone. Damage Radius increased by 187% on Humans/Creatures/Slime and when it's destroyed to match default/water/stone radius. On pickup, ammo has been reduced from 12 to 4
Shotgun: damage increased from 8 to 9. (13 bullets shoot out for a total of 117 damage at point blank range)
Shredder: Damage decreased from 8 to 6. Scatter projectiles no longer bounce again when hitting actors.
Charge dart: consumes 1 ammo for the first 5 levels of charge. Consumes 2 ammo on 6th level of charge. Consumes 3 ammo on 7th charge level.
Cerebral Bore: On pickup, ammo has been reduced from 10 to 1

N64 Multiplayer Weapon Changes
Assualt Rifle: damage increased from 14 to 17.5
Grenade Launcher: damage increased from 40 to 70. Damage Radius decreased by about 14%
Plasma Rifle: Impact damage increased from 40 to 80. Active damage increased from 4 to 8.

Enemies
Raptor: initialScale changed from 0.332031 to 0.5
SwampWasp: radius changed from -3.071999 to 3.071999. Start Animation changed. Other starting paremeter changes.
Turrents will no longer fire at you when they don't have a line of sight

Scripting
new class: kClipInfo
new WorldComponent method: void HitScan(kClipInfo&out, const kVec3&in origin, const kVec3&in targetOrigin, const uint EnumClipFlags, const float=0)

Audio
All instrument sounds files have been removed.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
Re: Update #2
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 09:14:46 PM »
Thnaks for the note Behemoth, I've been waiting for this. I like you sig links too  ;)
-Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 08:06:19 AM »
The update seems to have brought a lot of life into the game.  I started a game last night and within minutes had a full roster.  Everything seems to be really well balanced (though I have no experience of the previous builds).  I didn't notice anything too glaringly broken.  Then again, I am a noob...

The chat seems much better.  At least now one can use punctuation and the font is much bigger.

I haven't had a chance to try out SP since the update but I'm really looking forward to giving it a try. 

So far, all looks good and it really does seem like the devs are listening.  I really hope the momentum of last nights matches keeps up.  The game has so much potential. :)
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 12:22:52 PM »
Finally had a match tonight. I'm glad they fixed up a lot.

Firestorm Cannon always seemed weak when I used it, though not the same said when someone uses it against me... Plasma Rifle seems to fire a delayed shot like Charge Dart, now. Not sure if that's meant to happen? I still got some epic kills with it, it just took time to adjust and it is a pretty powerful weapon if you have a good aim.

I like that you can have auto weapon select off, but at the same time I'm missing it when I have to switch to the only weapon I picked up after spawn... xD I have my favourite weapons (Plasma & Shotgun) set to an ALT and SHIFT key for easy reach while using WASD keys, so it's good if I spawn near them. :P

I didn't even ping out, which was also good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal