Author Topic: Turok mod/episode for Duke Nukem 3D  (Read 41332 times)

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
Re: Turok mod/episode for Duke Nukem 3D
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 03:41:27 PM »
Dukey hey buddy :)

Really this is a great jump step on this project you have I would be interested in seeing how this turns out. I agree with Rok, the raptor would surely be worth the struggles :P But you know what else I think would be cool? Somehow making Adon be in it even if its just 3-4 animations and she stands still. Sort of like the babes in Duke 3D(not the dancing strippers the other ones) except of course she wont be showing her areas lol. At least I hope not.

Anyway I think this project is pretty awesome no matter how it turns out you could leave Adon and the raptor out and it will still be really cool. Just because your putting your time and energy into something dedicated to your favorite things which is Duke and Turok I think? Well that's why its awesome!
I AM ADON

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 01:58:06 PM »
This is awesome I think its the first Turok/Duke combo I know of. I know there are some Doom ones but not Duke this is the only one of its kind. Those 2d level images look really nice, man those maps are huge like 5 times the size of the original maps of Duke 3D. I think where the Doom Turok mods fail are levels/maps. That seems to stand in the way of programmers dreams quite a few times. As they get the techinical stuff done but by that time there worn out and then the levels are out of the question. That's my opinion at least. But you already have some levels to work with I see! This is good, great work Duke the new weapons look great as sprite pick ups.  ::)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Nfsfan83

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 710
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 09:26:45 AM »
Duke64 check it:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=46389

and very insteresting is this:

http://i.imgur.com/NqmTId0.gif shotgun animated gif like in Turok Dinosaur Hunter ;)

Offline Drek

• Iguana
  • T:REP 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 09:40:13 PM »

I don't want to post much more than this but I have managed to get some model data out of Cartdata.dat :)

ps. I'm new here, 1st post. I play Duke3D with Duke64 sometimes in the past, and use Eduke32 a little bit, enough to be able to help with this mod. I've just got into Turok recently, was too old I guess or too poor when it came out hehe, Goldeneye was my 64 game, and Duke for PC.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 12:29:58 AM »
Ahh damn that's nice I would love to see that raptor in eduke pretty much what I was hoping would make it in. But im guessing you have more then just that raptor :) Nice I hope this mod goes full Turok.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2015, 09:33:44 AM »
Oh nice this is very interesting here glad that Dukey has help working this. That's very exciting seeing a Turok 1 model! Also, welcome :)
I AM ADON

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 11:38:16 AM »
Damn dude very very interesting hope you guys can get weapons, models, and textures of Turok 1 this would be really bad ass to play Turok like Turok 1 in Eduke32! Please keep it up its an amazing thought for me. And I am sure the maps will kick ass to!
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Drek

• Iguana
  • T:REP 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 05:42:42 PM »
Thanks for the kind welcome.

And to answer questions, yes I have got more than just that raptor. Textures, models with skins and layout uv maps intact, animations. All enemies, pickups, trees, bushes, boars, huts, rocks, buildings, ducks, whole levels, pretty much everything.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 11:08:52 PM »
Really glad that your helping on this one I know your good with models and eduke32, also welcome to the team :) This is really exciting for me though can hardly wait to start putting this together now.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 10:48:27 AM »
Just a little update here. I haven't stopped work on this and even know Turok Ex will come with a level editor and stuff I personally still want to see a Turok TC for eduke32.

Things have changed now and has actually split into 2 separate mods.

The one I have been posting about in earlier posts is called Turok Nukem and that is pretty much Turok based levels with a few Turok 2 weapons for Duke to use. Duke aliens have taken over the Lost Land
and its up to Duke to clean the mess for Turok :) This one should be done shortly

The new mod is called Turok 3D and it is a total conversion from Turok 1 with textures, models, weapons, Tal'Sets voice, and the enemies from Turok 1. Pretty much its how Turok would of been if it was on the build engine. Drek has been a mighty force for this mod to happen, so thanks to him we moving along quite fast because right now I am so busy. This tc should take a bit more time though but for now here is some tasty treats for you :)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 12:28:14 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal