Author Topic: New Turok Game (ideas)  (Read 12767 times)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
New Turok Game (ideas)
« on: May 29, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »
Okay so I will start by saying we have quite a few of the biggest Turok fans there are right here. So I would really like to know everyone's idea or input it could be as simple as weapons to a full layout you imagine.

I just think this could contribute maybe start a thought process. You only need a spark to start a hole blaze.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:30:40 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Turok Game (ideas)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 01:35:33 PM »
I have a pretty big idea that I will share very soon today. But I just wanted to get something like this started already. If someone who is better at making topics wants to do instead just please message me.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 09:36:17 PM »
That sounds good real good all games in one on steam :D and for us a physical version.

My idea for a new Turok involves it being a spin off for the Turok franchise. So we all know that Turok originated from comics right? Well how about a spin off Turok with a comic layout? So cut scenes will be comics and action to. I know there was a few games like this but Turok with the graphics to look like the old Son of Stone comic art would be much better then the rest. I imagine some of the old concepts for Turok 1 and 2 could go well to. Well thats my idea but I dont mean as the next Turok game but why not as a spin off for now I think this style would go good since Turok was a comic. Also in this you would be able to be both Talset and Joshua Fireseed and have Adon back to guide the way.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:39:19 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 02:04:30 AM »
You mean with cell-shaded graphics to make them look like a book? Oh and it would be cool if there was a turok FIGHTING GAME. it may sound crappy now, but believe me, you would LOVE to see Joshua and a raptor in hand to hand combat with cool moves and combos and super finishers etc. And for duke, imagine turok 2008 as a mortal kombat x type of game where you see turok crunching their skulls on the ground with x rays  :)

As a programmer, I can't exactly imagine that being a fair game.
But if a Turok fan game project is started, sign me up as that guy that types codes into the consoles and makes things happen.
Well that didn't work

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 10:06:35 PM »
I would like it to be made old school and fast paced. I honestly think Turok: Dinosaurs Hunter's "The Hub Ruins" area and how it is used as a base to the game is actually a perfect way to go, on how the game should be except the hub could be much bigger and more to explore and you could upgrade and travel here. Then the portals could be the levels. I would like to see a new version like Shadow Warrior 13 except more exploration.

This is on my old pc :)

But I like the sword fighting and I imagine Tal'sets Warclub acting like this. Plus you know there are other weapons to as seen and you can upgrade them a bit. I think this with much more exploration in jungles/temples fighting other tribes and dinos would be perfectly okay.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »
Nice idea yeah the hub ruins was perfect and it made it simple to go to any level you wanted. Shadow Warrior is a great game of course the old one is better :) But it did good for a new game it felt great.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Cyriu

• Iguana
  • T:REP 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 08:59:58 AM »
I would like it to be made old school and fast paced. I honestly think Turok: Dinosaurs Hunter's "The Hub Ruins" area and how it is used as a base to the game is actually a perfect way to go, on how the game should be except the hub could be much bigger and more to explore and you could upgrade and travel here. Then the portals could be the levels. I would like to see a new version like Shadow Warrior 13 except more exploration.

This is on my old pc :)

But I like the sword fighting and I imagine Tal'sets Warclub acting like this. Plus you know there are other weapons to as seen and you can upgrade them a bit. I think this with much more exploration in jungles/temples fighting other tribes and dinos would be perfectly okay.

I will certainly keep the hub structure of Dinosaur Hunter but with the more organic level design of both Turok 3 and Evolution.

The first level could easily be the jungle with the enemies being the Dinosoid army, regular dinos, and wild prehistoric animals like saber tooth tigers, dire wolves, ancient hyenas, among others. The following levels will have their own themes, with the dinos always making a return but with some differences. For instance, if one level is a catacomb or ancient temple teeming with evil tribesmen and evil witch doctors then you could have undead raptors that were reanimated by their magic. Or if in one level you are in a swamp or bog teeming with a new enemy type then dinos could be mostly aquatic based; raptors could have amphibian characteristics, leaper colonies could have a more dominant presence in certain parts, and the more intelligent ones like the Endtrails could have different equipment. The final level would be the futuristic-type, but maybe give it a more steampunk vibe to it much like Evolution handled technology.

In terms of weapons, I will return the weapon wheel with a total of 16 slots much like Turok 2. Each one will have either a secondary mode or function via a upgrade. For instance the shotgun can use both regular and explosive shells, the minigun could transform into other weapon as it's secondary function ala' Evolution, maybe the Pulse Rifle will have a secondary function that will act as the Alien Weapon from Dinosaur Hunter among others. I would certainly return the Cerebral Bore that's for sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal