Author Topic: What stupid things have you done in a Turok game?  (Read 19193 times)

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
What stupid things have you done in a Turok game?
« on: November 08, 2015, 04:21:07 AM »
Hopefully this thread hasn't been done yet, but I haven't seen one...

Anyway, what's some real dumb things you've done in a Turok game?

-

The other night I was playing the Death Marshes and 2/3 ammunition dumps, I died while escaping. I know it's been a while, but I still know how to play this game. xD

I had the brightness at normal (I love the dark ambiance) when in the past I would've kept it high, but I was running blind into a wall/box. Flashlights/Flairs don't work on the emulator but it was a stupid way to die, none the less. The second time I kind went the other way, when I should've just used the map to follow the way I came.

I'm sure you all have much more funnier noob moments, though? xD
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 12:46:50 PM by Dragon of Hades »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: Noob things you've done in a Turok game?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 11:56:56 AM »
Mine is simple but kind of nooby... falling off cliffs in Turok 1 hehe
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Drek

• Iguana
  • T:REP 23
    • View Profile
Re: Noob things you've done in a Turok game?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 08:50:06 AM »
Is finishing level 2 without finding keys a noob thing. lol. I didn't find a single one then I was back full circle to the start. Oh well, moar roarin explorin to do.

Offline Komenja

• Iguana
  • T:REP 68
    • View Profile
Re: What stupid things have you done in a Turok game?
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 11:15:58 PM »
Sometimes I forget the Purr-Linn are immune to the Cerebral Bore in Turok 2 and wonder why the damn thing won't fire.

Literally every time I play Turok Evolution I get the Next Weapon/Previous Weapon buttons mixed up and cycle the wrong way when trying to get to a certain gun.

I don't always miss ledge jumps in Turok Dinosaur Hunter, but when I do, It's because it was a huge gap and I forgot that side-jumping covers more distance.
"I am Turok, Son of Stone! Turok of the Kiowa-Apache! Turok, the Hunter! I won't forget these things, nor will I forget how to use my weapons: my bow... my brain... my knife! However, I'm no fool. I'll keep the gun, too."
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #0, 1995

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 01:08:00 PM »

Sometimes I forget the Purr-Linn are immune to the Cerebral Bore in Turok 2 and wonder why the damn thing won't fire.

Literally every time I play Turok Evolution I get the Next Weapon/Previous Weapon buttons mixed up and cycle the wrong way when trying to get to a certain gun.

I don't always miss ledge jumps in Turok Dinosaur Hunter, but when I do, It's because it was a huge gap and I forgot that side-jumping covers more distance.

The laws of physics in the Turok universe deem strafe jumping an efficient way to travel much faster. :P

Yeah, the Purr-Linn just swat the bores like insects. I forgot about that one. xD
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 01:17:58 PM by Dinomite »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 12:51:43 AM »
I'm not going to lie I don't think I ever have done anything nooby honestly :D I beat all Turok games. Most nooby thing I did I would guess took place in Turok 08 xD and that was getting killed by the damn soldiers. Those soldiers have unbelievable aim imo...
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Cyriu

• Iguana
  • T:REP 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 01:44:54 AM »
Yesterday while playing The Lair of Blind Ones in Turok 2 I realized near the exit portal that I haven't gotten the Heart of Fire Talisman despite having the Eagle Feather in my inventory. I had to backtrack all the way near the beginning, only to get lost a few times and almost getting myself killed by a Guardian.

Also, I once got killed by a Campaigner Soldier or Poacher that I didn't see while taking a corner with low health.

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 12:28:31 PM »
The Lair of The Blind Ones is a confusing level. It's a pain in the butt to backtrack for that talisman, though. Even from where you get the Eagle Feather. I still do it because I'm clumsy in those lava filled areas. xD

Also, there's an ammo respawn location on the lava, so that's another reason. The only other lava I remember is in the Hive of The Mantids.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:32:13 PM by Dragon of Hades »

Offline Cyriu

• Iguana
  • T:REP 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 12:29:50 AM »
Yeah, right now I am backtracking in the Hive of the Mantids as well. I remember that there is a hidden switch that deactivate the barrier blocking the Warp Portal for the Talisman Chamber. It's been a while since I finished Turok 2 so I can't remember where it was now.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 06:36:22 PM »
I fell off of the mountains in the first chapter of turok evolution and died after all these years... :P
I know exactly what mountain you're talking about most likely lol xD

I have done this in Turok 1 before not purposely lol especially when I was young

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:27:24 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal