Author Topic: Comparison video I made of the Nintendo 64 and Original PC release.  (Read 11699 times)

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Iguana
  • T:REP 232
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Hey guys, i'm pretty excited for the remasters that are coming out and I really really hope they add a Multiplayer mode for Turok 1 because those guns could be even more fun and devastating in multiplayer as well.

In the mean time I put this video together, it's a series I call battle of the ports on my Youtube channel where I compared different versions of the same games if I happen to own them. In this case It's the first Turok!

I  hope you guys dig it!

I'm a gamer and a Youtuber, come check me out if you're Interested. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: Comparison video I made of the Nintendo 64 and Original PC release.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 08:50:20 PM »
Interesting and well made comparison vide and welcome to :) I like the N64 version more because it was the first Turok game I ever played. Me being big on the comics I heavily awaited this, i actually remember the development delay but back then it wasn't as big as a problem as it would be today lol.

But I also think the N64 version was better because it wasn't ported to fit the system it was made specific for it. I actually had no idea there was a pc port till years later. I respect that Turok did so good that it had to be on PC also though. So any version will get the job done but there is something special about N64.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:52:46 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Komenja

• Iguana
  • T:REP 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 11:05:44 PM »
Heyyy, I remember you from the Rise of the Triad steam group! Your custom maps are awesome!

Neat vid! I had never noticed that the PC version Bionosaur raptors used the pistol sound, or the red/blue pulse rifle thing. Dinosaur Hunter on PC is a bitch and a half to get working properly sometimes so I mostly just stuck to the N64 version. Also the latter portion with the two versions side by side is really cool to watch. Seeing the Iguana swing his head from low res to high res in the opening is kinda funny.
"I am Turok, Son of Stone! Turok of the Kiowa-Apache! Turok, the Hunter! I won't forget these things, nor will I forget how to use my weapons: my bow... my brain... my knife! However, I'm no fool. I'll keep the gun, too."
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #0, 1995

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Iguana
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 11:23:37 PM »
Heyyy, I remember you from the Rise of the Triad steam group! Your custom maps are awesome!

Neat vid! I had never noticed that the PC version Bionosaur raptors used the pistol sound, or the red/blue pulse rifle thing. Dinosaur Hunter on PC is a bitch and a half to get working properly sometimes so I mostly just stuck to the N64 version. Also the latter portion with the two versions side by side is really cool to watch. Seeing the Iguana swing his head from low res to high res in the opening is kinda funny.

Hey thanks man! You can bet if we can some how get the needed Multiplayer for Turok 1, i'd be making maps for it as well!
I'm a gamer and a Youtuber, come check me out if you're Interested. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 11:47:38 PM »
Well even if its just SP, making maps for that would be really fun to man. Imagine placing which monsters you wan't the enemies in this game are so various this will make it so fun raptors and Pur-lin! Also, making a new T-REX battle this time in the jungle with more trees and plants. Welcome Shadow glad you joined buddy, I would definitely play a level by you to :)

Hey nice video dude I added to favorites, commented, and shared on my twitter tweets :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 09:46:43 AM »
I hope the chance to make user content for this game is a heavy concern. I mean it makes the game 10 times better and adds life and replayability. Not to mention it gives the community something they can add or do for years to come.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Iguana
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 09:52:42 AM »
I really want to help nightdive test these games and hopefully get Multiplayer inputted, i'd love to share some ideas with them since I do have experience in the field.

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 10:25:55 AM »
Very nice video there. But now I can't remember my password for my youtube :( I am going to have to make a new one maybe that sucks. But good thing I didn't have much of anything on the account.

Anyways, I shared it to the new facebook group :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/turokforums/
I AM ADON

Offline The_EyeofTurok

• Iguana
  • T:REP 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 02:21:48 PM »
Really like how you put them side by side like that. They both have good things and bad things its a tough call. But nice video man
They are watching

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 11:22:08 AM »
Really like how you put them side by side like that.

Yeah that is pretty awesome how you did it like that damn man. The pc had more crisp graphics but the N64 will always reign supremacy just because its the original and more nostalgic. But honestly I would play them both no matter to me its the same awesome game. The pc version rocks to
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal