Author Topic: Turok Dinosaur Hunter WIP Projects  (Read 124294 times)

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Dinosaur Hunter WIP Projects
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2019, 04:01:28 AM »
I know I post in this thread a lot, but I figure my doom or quake buddies will get a kick out of this one.

As I've posted on the Discord, I made this model quite awhile ago, but it was for a Half-Life mod. I wasn't happy with the final model, and so instead of deleting it, I've given it new life in Turok. The textures still need work but I think its gonna be pretty cool. I'm a bit worried about the animations as well but I can figure that out later.

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2019, 10:17:36 PM »
Thought I'd show something pretty cool I just figured out in modding Turok 1. Using the _morph animation to blend each frame of a model together.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 10:18:01 PM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2019, 11:12:09 PM »
That's awesome great stuff!
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2019, 04:58:03 AM »
I wasn't clear on what was special about this at first, before I realized it was moving per-vertex rather than per-triangle, which normal T1 anims can't do.  So the "_morph" anim basically causes the model to constantly cycle through its variants (with tweening, it looks like)?  I always thought it triggered a hard-coded procedural animation or something, but this is a lot cooler.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 04:59:11 AM by Smoke39 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2019, 05:49:30 PM »
From what BP has told me it reminds me of what I'm doing in DKR for animations so that could be pretty awesome. Wonder what all might come from this. Eventually I bet some great things.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2019, 01:56:25 PM »
Haven't really posted in the forums cause the Discord is faster and more immediate, also supports .webm videos. But you know what? Time to change that a bit and give some love back. Here is a new weapon I'm working on for my weapon pack.

Its an energy rifle, and I'm still planning out how it functions, and hopefully that functionality will be complex like in Half-Life. I'm really pleased with how clean and complex this one came out. I'm trying more to avoid tons of chrome on weapons, to try and give a more detailed design, and I think its turning out great. I'm really busy with college but I'll try to squeeze in more work and more previews later.

Offline ZEED

• Iguana
  • T:REP 209
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »
Looks really interesting! Lots of neat individual details and has that hybrid Turok tech feel. Good stuff!

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2019, 03:37:13 PM »
Thank you guys. I'm glad that I really seem to have nailed a style that fits Turok.

Also I appreciate your ideas, Dinosoid. I actually had something kind of like that in mind. I will play around with it sometime.

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2019, 12:37:19 AM »
Hey guys, sorry its been awhile. Busy with college and such, might enter honor society. Other things in life, you know? I do have a lot of Turok stuff in the works, but not all of it is really ready to show yet. Like with Agent Turok (00T) I've made lots of progress but its in that buggy half-functional state, making new animations and such.

But, BP's really been kicking ass with the Blender plugins and while there is still some issues to work out, it makes getting work into the Turok engine, especially animations, much faster.

So anyway, I just wanted to show off a little mini mod I am working on. I wanted to put his plugin through some testing, and I've been making a very simple weapon pack I'll be releasing within a few weeks. Unlike my big ones coming up, this is going to contain less weapons, and I'm trying to stick to vanilla resources whenever possible. Like the front of this AK74SU is 100% the Rifle from Turok. Firing sounds? Just the rifle one, pitched up in the shader.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:37:31 AM by DoomMarine23 »

Offline ZEED

• Iguana
  • T:REP 209
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2019, 06:39:03 PM »
I hope you mean a Turok honor society!!! Good luck and sweet WIP.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal