Author Topic: Porting Duke Nukem Zero Hour to PC  (Read 86269 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
Re: Porting Duke Nukem Zero Hour to PC
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 08:32:46 AM »
What is the chance of the assets being released somewhere or an alpha release soon? Assets like models and sounds would be awesome for Duke3D mods. It'd be nice to see these things released. Again it looks awesome, can't wait to see more!

The goal was to port the content to both eduke and kex, with kex reciving it first and wile both being updated and worked on at the same time. I'm out of town (to keep it short) and I can do little things here and there. And when I'm back you'll see development ramp up. Until then my hands are tied on answering this question. I'll do as much as I can with what I can before I make it back home, in preperation to haveing a playable level in kex engine and notification to the duke4.net forums of the project being worked on into eduke. Off topic but I'll also try to upload vids as I accomplish things, of what i do accomplish wile I'm away.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 08:37:34 AM »
What did you use to extract the 3d models snake?

Short answer directx
Direct x 9 renders 3d data in bytes that can be translated into model data. Any model format after conversion.

Off topic but I was looking into the zobj data structure. Also looked into how people get animations out of zelda aswell as models, and into other engines, and platforms. It's all old world knowlege (2005 or 2006) but it's worth looking into in my book. Then i came across this library called z64anim . If anyone knows about n64 data extraction, extracting the roms simlar to a way we can with ps2 roms in that we can have accses to the files that make up the game via extracting... or anything else i just said, please let me know.

I would like to avoid byte copy and pasting.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 11:49:47 AM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 12:44:33 PM »
Hey Snake good to see you. Someone should really make a detailed guide how to export models with the textures intact from an n64 rom and have it ready for Turok importing.

Nice btw pretty cool seeing the Zero Hour level in the kex editor too. Keep it up man.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Demon Turok

• Raptor
  • T:REP 353
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 07:18:07 AM »
I saw the video and gave it a like  and do have a couple of questions

1. is this going to be fully done?
2. is it possible to have coop in the campaign and can it have some type of online for it for DM/Coop

Offline enigmatickitteh

• Iguana
  • T:REP 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 11:31:09 PM »
Did you see someone extracted all the resources from Zero Hour including BUILD compatible maps? https://forums.duke4.net/topic/9513-release-zero-hour-resources/

Models were posted in a broken form but the thread has a link to the fixed models.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal