Author Topic: [Release][GZDoom] TurokDooM: Legacy of the Fireseeds demo  (Read 102 times)

Offline DrDoctor

• Iguana
  • T:REP 30
    • View Profile
[Release][GZDoom] TurokDooM: Legacy of the Fireseeds demo
« on: April 14, 2024, 03:01:33 AM »
Mirrored from the Doomworld forums

I’m releasing a working demo for this Turok TC for GZDooM. After 2-ish years of development and nearly losing all work in a hard drive failure and a 3-year period of personal turmoil. By chance I recovered a build from my old hard drive. Some work was lost and had to be remade.

Features:

·        Fully 3d content taken from the Turok games and from other sources.

·        Level 1’s main path is completable with a lot of secret areas.

·        The Hub and other maps… exist but are in a rudimentary state. The current build of Level 3 is fairly large with plenty of things to see and do, but the map has no actual ending as of now.

·        Lotsa Weapons, some with alternate fires or can use special secondary ammo.

·        Lotsa Enemies, some with special behaviors like running away when taking too much damage.

I’m also releasing several workfiles for modders to play around with. Most of these files are 3d meshes and animations that I could salvage from my old hard drive. Also includes content not actually used in the demo build.

Included as well is an Author’s Blueprint document that thoroughly details what my vision for the completed version of this mod would be. Unfortunately, my current career takes too much of my time for me to continue development of this mod further other than adding some more 3D meshes or adding small updates to resources. The AB really now exists as a general guideline for any modder(s) to pick up from where I left off.

Current demo build: 4.14.24

MEGA link:

https://mega.nz/folder/5y1mGK7B#Dk9YRRjX-uV90vpCdKJKCQ

Updated to 4.14.24

-split music files from turokdoom_resources.pk3 into turokdoom_music.pk3
-upped the damage of both pistol rounds.
-replaced weaker green T-Rex with Allosaurus, Red T-Rex remains unchanged.
-Added Danielle test model.
-minor updates to turokdoom_maps.wad
-updated workfiles, namely in NPCS subfolder.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 03:54:12 PM by DrDoctor »

Online Raffine52

• Raptor
  • T:REP 572
  • HEAVEN OR HELL, DUEL 1, LET'S ROCK!
    • View Profile
Re: [Release][GZDoom] TurokDooM: Legacy of the Fireseeds demo
« Reply #1 on: Today at 06:28:47 PM »
And I took the task of making the Weapons be standalone. The Enemies will come later.

Here's the Download for the Weapons: https://www.mediafire.com/file/uggn1r5pjbxprji/TurokDooM-LotFWeaponsStandAlone.pk3/file

Great and well done mod, BTW.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:30:29 PM by Raffine52 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal