Author Topic: QTurok  (Read 13416 times)

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
QTurok
« on: April 05, 2019, 01:06:28 PM »

Description: Play the first 3 maps of Quake, Turok style.
Download: Steam Workshop | Turok Sanctum

Install instructions:

Unzip download file
    Put the .kpf file into the mods folder in your Turok directory.

Gameplay Tips
  • Press and hold the map zoom in and out keys at the same time to see your map stats.
  • You cannot change the difficulty while playing, if you do you will get a gameover.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:02:24 PM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Online Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: The Slipgate Complex
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 02:31:21 PM »
This looks lovely seriously good job. I also played the shit out of this map on Duke Nukem 3D mp! Its one of those classic maps in DN3D mp. Hmm, perhaps throw this in Turok 2 for some mp also if you get bored :) Anyway, good job going to try this out now.

Extra:
I still have have the DN3D version too haha here it is if you get bored DN3D version has sp and mp:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/112d4aGvy9UlF4-gzmtHzyVZzzXFkdMgB/view?usp=sharing
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 02:46:01 PM »
Pretty rad, I was thinking of doing something similar but have been caught up with college. Glad to see you take a crack at this.

Curious, how easily do you think this could be extended? Like perhaps if I make my own custom Quake styled Turok maps. I figure it wouldn't be that hard to work with.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 02:57:30 PM by DoomMarine23 »

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 03:36:34 PM »
This looks lovely seriously good job. I also played the shit out of this map on Duke Nukem 3D mp! Its one of those classic maps in DN3D mp. Hmm, perhaps throw this in Turok 2 for some mp also if you get bored :) Anyway, good job going to try this out now.

Extra:
I still have have the DN3D version too haha here it is if you get bored DN3D version has sp and mp:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/112d4aGvy9UlF4-gzmtHzyVZzzXFkdMgB/view?usp=sharing
Thanks. Oh cool didn't know it was a popular DN3D mp map. Yeah I'll try out the singleplayer on that map, never played that version of it before.

Pretty rad, I was thinking of doing something similar but have been caught up with college. Glad to see you take a crack at this.

Curious, how easily do you think this could be extended? Like perhaps if I make my own custom Quake styled Turok maps. I figure it wouldn't be that hard to work with.
Thanks. Alot of the features in these 2 maps have things that are not possible to do with vanilla turok scripts. I actually made this as a test for a addons package I'm working on (most likely just for myself, but if you look in the .kpf you can see the folder called BP_Addons). So everything that I did in the maps is made possible with this addon package I created. If you open the map in the editor with the mod in your mods folder you'll see all the new actors I have that make the map possible without doing any scripting for the map. I also made this as compatible as possible with other mods as I could. This mod doesn't overwrite any of the vanilla scripts at all except for one iggy.txt which I use as my entry point to include all my custom script files. So adding a new map is the same as it normally would be, except here I have a bunch of extra actors that are capable of doing much more, none of which are required to use. You could still use vanilla actors if none of that extra stuff was needed in your map. But Quake maps were a good test, it had alot of things Turok didn't have.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 06:05:07 PM »
 :raptoid: 1-800-IGUANAS :raptoid:

Online Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 08:50:57 PM »
Hey made a video here! Really enjoyed it. You got all the secrets there too, cool.

I think the one thing I don't actually like is the Quake guy grunt. But that's probably a personal thing. I'd rather see Turok in Quake, rather than some kind of Quake in Turok with Quake maps at that point maybe just better to mod Quake. So I enjoy that its Turok weapons and enjoy the feeling to immerse as Turok visiting the Quake world. The grunt is one thing that throws that off, that's a tiny gripe anyway compared to the fun I had thanks for a good play.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 08:51:53 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 11:08:57 PM »
Updated.

- Changed mod name to QTurok.
- Removed Quake jump and land sounds.
- Turok no longer "sticks" to the ground after jumping and landing on the ground. Jumping several times quickly after landing will increase your jump speed.
- Added more detail to the outside area in E1M1.
- Added new map - E1M2.

Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Online Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: QTurok
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 07:07:47 PM »
Looks like another reason to play it again nice job!

:raptoid:
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 12:39:43 AM »
Thanks. I started on the third level too - The Necropolis. Don't know if I'll finish it, but I didn't think I'd do the 2nd level either so.

Something I wanted to mention about the 2nd map here is about half way through the level there's a bridge that comes out of the floor horizontally, and across from the bridge is a key. This was the first time I actually pulled off a true bridge in this game that comes up and forms once the bridge is activated. I had to create a bridge of sectors underneath the floor below the bottom of the bridge that would rise up and align with where the bridge should be and also be created in a way where it connects to the ends of the gap so you could walk on and off the bridge sectors without having to jump at all.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 08:04:13 PM »
:treasure: :feather: :treasure: :feather: :treasure: good job once again
:treasure: :treasure: :treasure:

Updated again. Added the third map - The Necropolis
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:04:57 PM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal