Author Topic: Demon Village map Turok User Map  (Read 18417 times)

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Village map Turok User Map
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 12:59:33 PM »
I just tested the update and the switches do indeed work. Just a heads up when you go to update on sanctum. Cool level Doomed you should make more maps like this great job.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:01:31 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 02:14:29 PM »
Yep sorry was really busy today. I will update it tomorrow no worries.

No problem its cool, I'm in no rush :)

I just tested the update and the switches do indeed work. Just a heads up when you go to update on sanctum. Cool level Doomed you should make more maps like this great job.

Thanks buddy.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 05:13:40 PM »
The map should be updated now. I checked if it works and it should be good to go gj.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:24:26 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Revenant32

• Raptor
  • T:REP 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 12:47:05 PM »
That was pretty awesome first map! Make more dude.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:47:22 PM by Revenant32 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 03:45:08 PM »

Thanks a lot took you long enough to play bro :) Sixty Four is going to do a review on it very soon. Like he has done with those recent Kaiser maps on yt.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 09:44:14 PM »

Thanks a lot took you long enough to play bro :) Sixty Four is going to do a review on it very soon. Like he has done with those recent Kaiser maps on yt.
that sounds cool to see.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 08:27:52 PM »
Okay, so my first thoughts after playing through it:

It was a short, sweet map featuring crusty demons that waited for 20 years for turok to arrive but he obviously dont so they set up a village instead.

Ive been trying to get to this map at the time of release but there were alot of personal stuff happening at the time (still haven't played sixty four's map released around that time).

It had plenty of enemy ambushes, you clearly thought of enemy placement in a non-linear way. Next time I would put in a little extra ammo just in case someone wants to play hardcore mode on your maps, otherwise item placement was A+. I see it was your first map ever and I like it all the way through, you got very creative with the meshes and sectors even then, which to me is promising on seeing whats in store for future maps.

The only sin is that it has to be downloaded manually. Not everyone does that, and it would certainly reach a wider audience putting this map on workshop so it doesn't slip under the radar.

:treasure: :treasure: :treasure: :treasure: :treasure: 5 treasures out of 5

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 11:59:11 AM »
Okay, so my first thoughts after playing through it:

It was a short, sweet map featuring crusty demons that waited for 20 years for turok to arrive but he obviously dont so they set up a village instead.

Ive been trying to get to this map at the time of release but there were alot of personal stuff happening at the time (still haven't played sixty four's map released around that time).

It had plenty of enemy ambushes, you clearly thought of enemy placement in a non-linear way. Next time I would put in a little extra ammo just in case someone wants to play hardcore mode on your maps, otherwise item placement was A+. I see it was your first map ever and I like it all the way through, you got very creative with the meshes and sectors even then, which to me is promising on seeing whats in store for future maps.

The only sin is that it has to be downloaded manually. Not everyone does that, and it would certainly reach a wider audience putting this map on workshop so it doesn't slip under the radar.

:treasure: :treasure: :treasure: :treasure: :treasure: 5 treasures out of 5

Hey thanks man I tried. Glad you responded its nice to see and means a lot +rep. I'm playing your christmas level now. Hmm I really don't care about exposure of my map but you're right... going on steam makes it easier for steam users.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:13:04 PM by Jay Doomed »

Offline Revenant32

• Raptor
  • T:REP 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 01:23:02 PM »

Hey thanks man I tried. Glad you responded its nice to see and means a lot +rep. I'm playing your christmas level now. Hmm I really don't care about exposure of my map but you're right... going on steam makes it easier for steam users.

:( I hope that you do make more levels this one was great for me. I like a lot because it felt very Turok. I do not like all extras stuff that much, turok doesn't need it like that just like Doom doesn't. For example I hate brutal doom i like normal doom!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:14:06 PM by Revenant32 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 03:54:53 PM »
Finally I have decided to put this on steam.  :campaigner:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1508965793

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal