Author Topic: Turok 2 Seeds Of Evil Modding (Get Started Guides)  (Read 46506 times)

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 Seeds Of Evil Modding (Get Started Guides)
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 02:13:34 PM »
No Shit! Just because I skipped level 10? MF * SOB * BFG -RoTfLmao

Do you know how long I spent on this. OMFG.

Well then this map is not complete, but it's playable and a lot better than "City 4" for multiplayer. Although the one that I sent you has a vertex error that I have since fixed.

So Jay Doomed you are a stud. Thanks - Gazer - lol
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:46:20 PM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 02:23:54 PM »
Thanks xD I actually just learned that also. So skipping a level number in the hub info breaks the flow. Something I also learned today so thanks too. :)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 02:31:27 PM »
Jay you are right I have the map working.

You know I think the "devs" (I hate that - dev's my a$$) the guys at nightdive are going to put out some kind of dedicated server for G0G version and that will probably have settings for the weapons. It's just a matter of not enuff time and manpower to 'git er done". But it's just my best guess. I can't see them NOT releasing multiplayer to the G0G users.

So I'll fix up the lighting a bit on this GazCity4-Reloaded map and we can try it out later. I changed a lot of things on it that I hope will improve gameplay. I did remove the bore.  ;D

Thanks for the help Jay -Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 03:50:56 PM »
Im pretty sure there at least two people working on T1 and T2, at least by checking who are the developers answering the boards. Edward is in charge of the netcode, and apparently was the responsible of the netcode for zanondrum, according to some guy who didnt really like him at all.

Then theres DanielDNS, shadow and maybe quadrasaw but I he only appeared on the T1 boards

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 05:28:33 PM »
Yo @ RoK, you can do it man. It just takes hours and hours sitting alone with your kex editor of choice. I'm about spinning out of my mind right now trying to redo the lighting on this map and I'm going insane  :o and whacha - whosaiddat. As I've said before we learn more from our mistakes than we do from success. I will have the "City 4" map customized and ready for MP today. Then we will see if it's any good or not. Somebody get your IP ready for a custom MP match.

-Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »
Yep you skipped level 10 in hubinfo which breaks the flow change it to level 10 and 11 instead of 11 and 12. And you're good to go. Btw Duke64 helped me to understand all so I thank him myself.

Hub     kHub_Multiplayer
{
    title           ""
   multiplayer      "1"

level_1        klevel_MP_City4
    level_2        kLevel_MP_City5
    level_3        kLevel_MP_Marshes5
    level_4        kLevel_MP_Harbor9
    level_5        kLevel_MP_Mosh_crypt
    level_6        kLevel_MP_Vulcans_Forge
    level_7        kLevel_MP_H_2_Whoa
    level_8        kLevel_MP_Cavern1
    level_9        kLevel_MP_OblivionDM
    level_10      kLevel_MP_gaz01
    level_11      kLevel_MP_GazCity
}

Good job Doomed pretty awesome catch there dude. I know my guides is not very detailed yet you have to at least somewhat know a bit of it to really understand my guides but i will be updating. Good job guys interesting. Yeah a single number and it can cause hell xD

I will be updating all guides that I have and adding more and will add that fact to that part also. Hope they help, be sure to read Behemoths Scripting guide when you really want to get Knee Deep.

Anyways, hell I will try your guys mp maps out I just updated my net today too :)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:44:31 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 06:30:20 PM »
 can try to make a map i dont have the patience it takes. But im going to get questions lol. I like being a player though can admit not everyone is a mapper. Just interest its Turok :) and hope the editor gets a update someday seems even harder than t1 right now. But I would like to put monsters and kill them i like sp the most.

Old post: i removed my own old post on accident when modified. As far as I know Kaiser is the man. Dinomite is right Quasar does a lot from what I see. And yes Edward does the mp. 64 did testing and made a map. He knows this stuff and will help us do mods with knowledge he picked up being involved such as these posts above.

Speaking of its quite annoying to see a mp lobby that players can't join and is being teased as an official map by him with videos and pics. Theres a fucking option to host private you know. Makes me think he just wants everyone to see that.... whatever. Can't listen to steam discussions imo though.

Thanks Duke for saying how to do it. I can't really make maps but I can take a sp map out of the kpf and load it into editor and try majke it a mp map .

Good job Jay and Gazer! End of old post thanks
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 06:38:03 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 06:40:02 PM »
Yeah, I  figured the engine would continue right past 10 because I know that some software edit programs will have a problem when they query 1, 01, 10 and so I numbered it started at 11 thinking that would work the best. I wonder what would have happened if I used 01. So I'm gonna post this map up ready to play MP. For the guys who are following this. I'll put it in a new thread so people can post errors.

Keep up the good work. Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 08:50:48 AM »
Yep you skipped level 10 in hubinfo which breaks the flow change it to level 10 and 11 instead of 11 and 12. And you're good to go. Btw Duke64 helped me to understand all so I thank him myself.

Hub     kHub_Multiplayer
{
    title           ""
   multiplayer      "1"

level_1        klevel_MP_City4
    level_2        kLevel_MP_City5
    level_3        kLevel_MP_Marshes5
    level_4        kLevel_MP_Harbor9
    level_5        kLevel_MP_Mosh_crypt
    level_6        kLevel_MP_Vulcans_Forge
    level_7        kLevel_MP_H_2_Whoa
    level_8        kLevel_MP_Cavern1
    level_9        kLevel_MP_OblivionDM
    level_10      kLevel_MP_gaz01
    level_11      kLevel_MP_GazCity
}

Well I got it in there finally, but only by cheating and swapping my map into another maps hub definition. Jay wtf? did you get it in there? I see your picture but the file I sent you is not named Gazers City?

the comment about the cerebral bore was just to be sarcastic, or ironic. I figure some people will use the editor for that right off.

Yeah I made it myself since yours was not working but yeah its just the level numbers in hubinfo :)

I'm dying to remove the cerebral bore from all maps.

Why don't you just stub out the weapon's pickup actor definition?  Or change its max ammo to 1?

They really need to edit this weapon its completely op and spam. Man give the thing 2-3 shots I'm tired of it. You know there is trolls trolling the servers they really rush to the cerebral bores and troll the fouck out of noobs. If the devs dont care about troll spammers chasing away general users then IDK. but seriously the bore is fucked up but the people who do it are idiots they even send little troll text's after bore kills and winning. They won't beat me though I will shove my shotgun so far up there ass they will wish I used a bore.

There's a trick, works each time if other things worked, but it's all jacked ATM, but I know they'll have it sorted out soon. For exsample:
If the networking is allowing for a stable game, if players pings are good. IF the conditions are how they are Kent to be then....

You can spin your player around the heat seeking bore bullet untill it's gone, but the networking and changes and pings, will call it bad connection for the sake of me not going deeper into it'll.

The bad connection always seems to it the bore gets the player, at least in most cases.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 04:12:59 PM »
So as of the update last night - this kpf package does not work anymore. Accompanied by a lot of strange error messages. So I'm not sure what the intentions are here, but it's definitely been frowned upon by somebody. Too many scurvy lawyers in the world. There's a long winded legal jargon regarding GNU statement of usability in your Turok2 folder now. At least the new maps they added are better than the ones from campaign. I wonder if they looked at my map? lol  -The underwater spaces in City 4 map suck rhino balls. My opinion aside, anybody figure this one out?

seems like the editor assets are tagged to not function
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 04:17:00 PM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal