Author Topic: Brutal Turok 0.3.1 (SteamWorkshop support)  (Read 48010 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal Turok 0.3c
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 08:32:26 AM »
I can picture him saying I AM TUROK in that picture haha
hmm wish we had a Turok voice actor in the community.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 08:35:56 AM »
Snake Plissken you made amazing job, but is it possible to add some weapons like this:

I mean real guns :)

I'll keep these in mind thanks. Yeah I replaced guns at first but then we decided to keep the vanilla aspects and when it comes to guns we will just add new guns, more guns to the weapon wheel.mfor now anyways. So far the only thing replaced is a new tree/bush I added to brutal Turok that can be seen in the current version of brutal Turok

Like it: yes, that one in perticular: im not sure but surly it can be done. tell me where this picture is from and if i can get my hands on the model data i can see what i can do. but only if you really wanna see something it game! ;) .  i actully have a m16 looks just like that on standby for porting to the game but i jus been bizzy with other departments of the game and im planing on getting to it but in time.
    The cool part about this great Turok remaster and its engine is that they accept .obj models only ( for now ) . but thiss .obj model is like the most universal model out there, most everyone makes a version of there model along with a version in .obj because its so easy to export to and its the most easy model format to convert to other model formats.

So the picture of M16A2 with M203 gun model is from

but also nice model of this gun you can find in Battlefild 2

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Battlefield_2

It will be great if you can replace nice but low poly models with new one. Of course Desert Eagle for replace pistol it will be great too:

perhaps it may be a good idea one day to make mid or high poly versions of all the models already in game, so we have the same old turok but looking  2.0 . i dont plan on this anytime soon though but its a good idea i think.

i think you will like this nice update, im working on a desert eagle model to, i may just take the one from DNF and bring it on over here ;) anyways it would good becuse that deagle is golden in DNF, and here in turok i am really makeing progress in a custom prog im working on . i can also make any gun or object or part of a model and not the rest: shinny like silver, steel, or even gold, the effect looks great...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:00:42 AM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 01:57:27 PM »
i will try to get more pictures and updates out soon, and very soon ill hopefully have Brutal Turok 0.4 Posted here for download in this main post. for now Brutal Turok 0.3's download link can be found on Turoks steam community hub forums

EDIT: its just i have big plans for this next Brutal Turok update so it may take a day or so, or three...

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:59:10 PM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 09:28:34 PM »
ok so the following comment has very little to do with Brutal Turok but i think i feel like posting it just to keep things "lively":

the following was a quick export / conversion to player weapon of the tomahawk axe from the intro sequence that is thrown at the lizard during the opening logos.

i promise to you guys im working as fast as i can on this next brutal turok update and i will have it out hopefully very soon....

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 10:16:53 PM »
It's nice to see the tomahawk back in the game. :P  Quick though it might have been, good work!

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 10:48:08 PM »
It's nice to see the tomahawk back in the game. :P  Quick though it might have been, good work!

yeah it can look better then whats in these pics, were working on it now even, and it will look better in the end final state. :) is kinda cool to have a beta weapon in game

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2016, 11:18:57 PM »
Love the tomahawk yeah really cool to see it in the game! really niice one here Snake some beta piece love it. Chainsaw is neat to seems very brutal I like to tear through some grunts hehe :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 10:57:50 AM »

[/quote]
Really? If not sarcasm, than thanks!
I know that the weapon aint Photoshopped but its just so modern that it looks like a Photoshop. (An example is Nfsfan83's pics)
[/quote]

oh lol i juest read over my comment again i suppose it did come off sarcastically, no i really like the name.  i mean dolomite was cool, even if he wasnt cool the name dolomite alone is epic,

(a scene of dolomite in a movie : parental advisory wanring! )

&feature=youtu.be&t=3m43s

and then the play on words, this is turok forums so dinomite, man thats brilliant. 

yeah im a odd one i come off strange to everyone i talk to. i tend to never mean what i say though ;) im also glad to be part of the forums here, and thanks for your comments dinomite on my post it means alot, even more so since i see you have made the most posts on these forum's .

it dose look a bit next gen but im sure i can work something out that everyone will like, i really try to take into account everyone's opinion, i know there is alot of old-school gamers that for some reson really dislike what i am doing to Turok, but theres nothing i can do about that: however i can try to keep things themed to turok 1. based on turok 1, lore friendly to turok 1, and try to make all of it fit and look well in game. will see how things go and i may end up making a few renditions of this brutal turok mod to fit this concept. along with optional addons, so in the end hopefully everyone will get a little bit of something they may like. :)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2016, 12:05:31 AM »
Very random but I watched Escape From LA last night and man that's one of my favorites still! I think we should put some references from it in Brutal Turok xD If a model fails we can just use Duke Nukems Snake Plissken sprite hehe.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 12:07:18 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2016, 03:30:10 PM »
Very random but I watched Escape From LA last night and man that's one of my favorites still! I think we should put some references from it in Brutal Turok xD If a model fails we can just use Duke Nukems Snake Plissken sprite hehe.

i loved this in duke nukem. <3  i been searching for years!: for a Snake Plissken 3d model. and hell yeah any reference would be awesome, if we can think of anything to add that's a snake plissken or escape from new york reference will do it for sure! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal