Author Topic: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017  (Read 299118 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2017, 07:25:37 PM »
I won a multiplayer match, but I don't know how because I always have a hard time on multiplayers with a lack of skill and having people with lag armor because they're not all from my region. Scorpion Missile and Firestorm Cannon spam in closed in places! >:D

I did manage to pick up the Nuke and blast someone with it. It was fun, though extremely laggy. I was getting 1-6 FPS at some points and there were also times when my guns weren't firing anything. Hopefully that gets fixed soon and I might play more tomorrow. Give my PS4 a rest. xD

In Port of Adia, I didn't expect an Endtrail to be there at the first beacon switch. Being able to change the soundtrack between N64 and PC is pretty cool, too. I still prefer the N64 version, but I like the PC Port of Adia theme.

Honestly I am dieing to play I mean how is it lol, fast past oldschool fun at a good refresh rate is all I need, that and dethklok playing the background. I can not wait. Let's getotgether and I'll live stream a few games, I'm not a cheater to btw honest lol, figured I would throw that out there.
 Nothing has filled my head more with thoughts of grandeur more so then playing mp in a Turok 2 release by nightdive . I'm dieing to play.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2017, 07:28:59 PM »
Oh off topic, kinda, but seeing how this is post is called Turok 2 ex I figured I would say it here so here I go: I'm porting rage wars to kex 2 and if your good with programming And am familiar with angelscript and your reading this right now I would like to say to you " I could use more hands on dec with the project" lol. If your interested and your reading this and am willing and able please do let me know and I'll share some videos to show you what's been done and what's doing so you know I'm not pulling your chain. Ok and for those not interested or if this post goes unread by the likes,  no worrys at all and thnx tho. Ok back to Turok lol

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2017, 10:49:02 PM »
Hi Snake,
how are you? That's a n1ce screenshot you got there. Do you have the MP editor that I can get from you?  ;D

Yo AbyssalDragon, great win! was fun playin' with you and sorry if I banged your bad ping, I was banged too.

I noticed you on there, too. I'm from Australia, so my connection might be at a different speed (probably slower in typical Aussie fashion).

What is bad ping because I'm confused? My ping was in a 5 digit number. Is that a bad thing? I know it wasn't normal compared to everyone else... xD

I just tried to play, but had a bad time. My guns weren't firing. My Internet plan is an older one, so maybe that also explains why it's being a piece of crap.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2017, 01:25:41 AM »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2017, 01:49:58 AM »
Hi AD,
there is network protocol problem and it's causing bad connections for everyone. Nightdive needs some networking expertise on this. They are working on it. Seems like there are a lot of rough edges on this game still. Last night I had a 2400 ping on a server. that is very very very bad. A playable ping should be under 100. A good ping would be under 40. A LocalAreaNetwork ping at home between your home computers should be between 0 - 10, depending on your setup. And of course I generalize those definitions.

I'm in California U.S.A. so if we connected over the internet and played on my machine, say Quake III Arena, I would expect you to get less than 200 ping. which would be difficult for you, but at least playable. I know I've played on servers in Japan and had less than 100 ping. And Russia has game servers too, I've played those and had fun and made kills no problems. And I do believe there were a lot of q3 gamers in OZ too back a few years ago and I played on some servers there too. Have I bored you to death yet?

In multiplayer online video games, MMOs, MMMORPGs, MMOFPSs and FPSs ping (not to be confused with frames per second) refers to the network latency between a player's computer (client), and either the game server or another client (i.e. peer). This could be reported quantitatively as an average time in milliseconds, or qualitatively as low ping or high ping. The latter usage is common among players of first-person shooter and real-time strategy games. Having a low ping is always desirable because lower latency provides smoother gameplay by allowing faster updates of game data.
Read the full definition here -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_(video_gaming)

Do you have q3 arena? We could try it and see. Also did you figure out that the backward slash ( \ ) key is the 'show scoreboard' key? shows your ping too.

It's coming up on 5 pm now in OZ maybe later tonight it's almost 11pm here now. I'll check back in an hour and see if you are home. I can fire up a q3a server in a heartbeat.  ::)

Nightdive needs to re-write the network protocols. We're Boned.
http://2damnfunny.com/a-hobo-and-a-rabbit-making-a-hobbit-in-futuramas-benders-game/

ROTFLMAO

Edit: I connected to a server in Australia just now playing q3a and my ping was a steady solid 198. and very playable.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:04:08 AM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2017, 03:58:28 AM »
It's about 7PM and I don't have Quake.

I got a few good matches, but then I was getting bad frame rates and I had to quit. I even had a crash in one match and I had to shutdown the game from Task Manager.

I don't understand much about it, but going by what you said and looking at this picture... That is really bad ping! xD

My good games were averaging about the 400 mark and maybe less. I'll keep trying and also wait on Nightdive to fix the issues. The FPS was bad and I think because of all the players an once? The choppy frames almost makes me feel dizzy just looking at it.

If you see me quit during battles, it's not rage quitting or anything. I try entering a few times to see it that will make any difference. With so much delay when my ping is that much, I might as well be on Mars. xD
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 03:59:40 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline chirac31

• Iguana
  • T:REP 190
  • http://turok.forumactif.com/
    • View Profile
    • http://turok.forumactif.com/
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2017, 04:15:07 AM »
i got the same problems, regulary i can't join servers cause pings, or connexion failed... my connexion was always very good on every games i  play... but here i dont understand why its hard to join multiplayer, or keep a good ping.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2017, 04:33:30 AM »
Hey Duke64 - wassup ---

I wonder if you know what the different gametypes are? Whats the difference between ROK Match and Rok Mix? Last Turok Standing - Fragtag - and Team RoK.

Anybody know what gametypes mean. Is fragtag where one player is a monkey, that has to reach a target to change someone else into the monkey?

I never played Turok multiplayer before, I'm a nubbin'.  :-[

might be more fun to play on a team to even out the net protocol problems.
No Ciggi

Offline Nato

• Iguana
  • T:REP 99
    • View Profile
TUROK 2 EX (Remaster)
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2017, 04:47:45 AM »
If anyone has the recently released Turok 2 remaster, could you please upload a comparison video for us?

I'd also like to see gameplay of with the Bloom filter DISABLED, FOV set near the original's, playing with a controller and have motion blur disabled. Pretty much as close to the original PC / N64 versions.

I'd like to see how the new remaster performs compared to the original.
Most of the video's I've seen are played using keyboard & mouse and that's fine, but I want to see what the N64 version would be like if it ran at a smooth 60fps.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2017, 11:43:36 AM »
Guys I find it better to not run matches with 16 players it lags less for me when I am hosting with like 8 players is better for me. Abyssal it seems like you are joining servers that are not close to you this is p2p connection atm so try hosting sometime or finding a server closer to you it might improve your performance.

Rok match is classic old dm

Rok Mix is classic dm but you spawn with a random weapon and the N64 weapons are mixed in with the pc weapons in this mode. (Awesome)

Last Turok standing is you can only die once the last player alive wins you start with 250 health and all weapons.

Frag Tag is monkey tag from n64 mp. Different players randomly become the monkey. The monkey has to reach the talisman and the players try to kill him before reaching it. Returning the monkey or killing the monkeyy is the only way to get points.

Rok Mix Mode:

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 12:05:07 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal