Author Topic: Turok 2 MP - Dodgeball  (Read 20361 times)

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
  • T:REP 109
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 MP - Dodgeball
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 04:04:36 PM »
We update whenever the modder updates and yes we host the files. We make a post about the mod and then add a download to it. If a modder updates there mod then we add the new version. Take Badgers Open World mod for example its updated 2-3 times since we started. Even though we have in store all of the versions we just present the latest. We still have some organizing to do but when we are done. Each post will have:

A link to the release threads, a link to the original supplied download (dropbox google drive etc etc), and a current download from the site.

https://turoksanctum.com/open-world-alpha/

This one is close to how we want to have them when finished:
https://turoksanctum.com/fireseed-model-animation-editor/

Btw cool stuff you added dude.
Sounds good. I guess I'll keep posting whenever I add stuff to the mod.

I added a razorwind player model that can throw razorwinds. Jumping at players causes damage too, but it's not all that consistent cause it just shoots out damage particles whenever you jump. Haven't tested razorwind and shotgun in MP yet so they might be really op. I also wanna change their player models eventually, right now they're just the weapon viewmodels.
Raptor has larger footstep noises that have screen shake and it also moves faster, but with slower acceleration and less sidestep/backwards speed.
postal suggested adding a few trees to Ballpocalypse, so I did that, fixed the sectors and lowered the amount of meteors that spawn. I think it's mostly finished now. I also tried to fix up some more n64 maps but it turns out most of them get assertion errors whenever you try to save, something about blocksize, so I guess that's up to the devs

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 12:44:39 AM »
There's some really neat stuff in there gj man interesting and funny with Duke quotes ;)

https://turoksanctum.com/dodgeball-2/

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2017, 03:29:26 PM »
There's some really neat stuff in there gj man interesting and funny with Duke quotes ;)

https://turoksanctum.com/dodgeball-2/
Thanks for getting this onto your site. It's worth mentioning that this is only being made for multiplayer. Any weapon I haven't modded yet won't spawn at all in the SP maps, and I messed with the item and weapon pickups, so singleplayer would probably be ridiculously hard to get through. Maybe once I add the ability to pick up balls after they bounce around it'll be possible

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2017, 07:19:29 PM »
Yeah make it so we get ammo back and stuff and add more weapons in. I played on sp it was pretty fun to me but needs ammo its good to push it towards a mp mod but making a small nod so sp still works smooth would be cool too.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:23:28 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 07:06:07 PM »
Thanks to BehemothProgrammer's model editor, I imported Crossfire from half-life 1. Here's a video of me and postal testing it

Dodgeball link was updated to include it, and here it is without dodgeball:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/11gfdo1zdn36vc5/Crossfire.kpf?dl=0
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:34:29 PM by ilgm »

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 11:48:29 AM »
Holy shit, that's amazing. I need more Half-Life maps in Turok asap.

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 06:30:29 PM »
Shit was dope, next time I'm recording stuff even if it kills me.

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 11:14:30 PM »
Yeah I wasn't expecting to be playing dodgeball vs AI, that was great.
Ontop of figuring out why my map was getting an assertion failure, Edward's being incredibly helpful by setting up a dedicated server just for us to crash. So if we can get another game going pretty soon that'd be good. Me and Doommarine just played for awhile and threw all the nukes we had at it with no luck, so we just need a bunch of players. I updated the download if anyone wants to try it out
We crashed the server and Edward fixed it, all is good
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:51:19 AM by ilgm »

Offline postal

• Iguana
  • T:REP 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 03:36:57 AM »

it is beautiful

Offline ilgm

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 12:28:52 AM »
Okay I added in some dodgeball pickups to hopefully make single player a little bit easier. The 3 superballs you shoot will all turn into a box of 5 balls to pickup, and a regular dodgeball's crit will drop a superball. Still, with modded pickups and weapons not intended for singleplayer, it's gonna be really weird. I imagine you'd have to use the warblade wave beam a lot

Edit:
I'm not sure why I had the ammo limit for dodgeballs set to 20, I raised it a little bit to 9999 to make singleplayer a little easier.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:48:34 AM by ilgm »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal