Author Topic: Brutal Turok 0.3.1 (SteamWorkshop support)  (Read 47984 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 675
    • View Profile
Brutal Turok 0.3.1 (SteamWorkshop support)
« on: February 12, 2016, 12:28:04 AM »
UPDATE: 12/24/2016

The latest version of Turok will be made available here. The Version available here will always be more up-to-date then the versions found elsewhere. for now, I repacked made a few changes, simple'd the logic behind a script or two, then packed it into a mod.kpf for compatibility with the Steam Workshop. When I find a safe and good way to host a file for hosting, ill then be able to provide a link here, its just a matter of time, and ill update this message when I do.

Here is a link to Brutal Turok 0.3.1 on the Steam Workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=824977545

-------------------------------------------------

ZO4LA&index=3[/youtube]

ZO4LA

a download link to the latest update and more info soon....

« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 04:10:07 PM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal Turok 0.3c
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 01:31:50 AM »
I love it i love i love it. Well very brutal stuff here. Something that really intrigues me is this pistol attachment. Most might not know but i know that must of took some work. You know it reminds of the pistol pick up upgrade in Turok Evolution except its an infrared beam this time. Anyways welcome :) and awesome work cant wait to try!
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Nfsfan83

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 707
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 08:35:06 AM »
I just love all this new guns and blood effects :D But I just have one question : HOW DO YOU ADD NEW WEAPONS MODELS AND FIRE EFFECT?

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:48:07 AM »
I just love all this new guns and blood effects :D But I just have one question : HOW DO YOU ADD NEW WEAPONS MODELS AND FIRE EFFECT?

The Fire from the flamethrower i borrowed for now from sprites and textures already in game. i do make custom KFX files ( kex FX effects ) to have these sprites and textures do new  things.
    We can add new animiated textures; and i plan on adding New burning Fire effects and animation loops. this would involve getting a animated image or video of flames and braking them up into many images. picture by picture frame by frame, and then making each frame a .png image and adding it to the game. but adding these frames to the game would involve makeing a base FX00.png and its FX00.txt and placing this into the sprites folder  wile the FX00.txt would point ad the frames in the new animation witch we would store in the textures folder.
    Adding new weapon files is bit more harder but in some cases less time consuming. We have to make our model in .obj format. then we have to make a new material file / or we can edit and add to a existing one if A: we are lazy or B: we want to barrow a texture set from a model that's already in game, in any case the model needs some data inside of it that will generate a .mtl on completion in the modeling software. and this .mtl needs to point just right at the .kmat file in the materials folder, on top of that everything needs to line up and match up just right between the models .mtl file and the models .kmat file in materials folder; otherwise when your done converting the model you'll get a 0 kb or 1 kb model.bin witch means the conversion failed because of miss matching configurations. the command console in game is a good friend : we can do exportobj or exportanimobj command to get a model out of a .bin container. and we can do convertobj to get a model into a .bin container.
    There is alot more to both making new animated textures like burning fires, aswell as getting a model into the game. i suppose this was just a ruff explanation. i know there are some good tutorials on this forum already, i believe duke64 has a good one or two about models, i will also find some time to make tutorials about all these things if it would help the community. ;)  :)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 09:49:14 AM »
I love it i love i love it. Well very brutal stuff here. Something that really intrigues me is this pistol attachment. Most might not know but i know that must of took some work. You know it reminds of the pistol pick up upgrade in Turok Evolution except its an infrared beam this time. Anyways welcome :) and awesome work cant wait to try!

thanks. means alot to me.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 09:57:57 AM »
big plans with this one. thanks for your comments to you guys, illl try to get this update ready and ill post a link to Brutal TuroK 0.4 right  here as soon as its ready :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:59:52 AM by Snake Plissken »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 11:02:07 AM »
Hey snake this is pretty nice work here. You already know I know Brutality. Forget police brutality lets talk Turok brutality :)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 11:52:44 AM »
Forget police brutality lets talk Turok brutality :)
LOL I love that it could be the slogan.

(i will update this post often. it will soon hold all info about brutal TuroK. for now im going to post some pictures, and as soon as i can ill drop a download link of the latest version coming out. thanks)

a download link to the latest update and more info soon....

Will 0.4 release today? Also, I am no modder and wouldn't have time to really learn any of that but will be glad to play this it looks cool. I saw 0.3 version video on dukes youtube a few weeks ago maybe since I can't comment on youtube I wanted to say very nice video Dukey the music I love on this one and it also shows a lot of the features of Brutal Turok. All the videos are good actually all of them show how awesome Turok is I think its that music that stands out to me :) Its very cool this is posted on the forums birthday though thanks for sharing i'm excited to give it a go. Plus maybe we can pitch ideas and feedback after playing. 
I AM ADON

Offline Nfsfan83

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 707
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 12:37:49 PM »
Snake Plissken you made amazing job, but is it possible to add some weapons like this:

I mean real guns :)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 12:49:45 PM »
Snake Plissken you made amazing job, but is it possible to add some weapons like this:

I mean real guns :)

Like it: yes, that one in perticular: im not sure but surly it can be done. tell me where this picture is from and if i can get my hands on the model data i can see what i can do. but only if you really wanna see something it game! ;) .  i actully have a m16 looks just like that on standby for porting to the game but i jus been bizzy with other departments of the game and im planing on getting to it but in time.
    The cool part about this great Turok remaster and its engine is that they accept .obj models only ( for now ) . but thiss .obj model is like the most universal model out there, most everyone makes a version of there model along with a version in .obj because its so easy to export to and its the most easy model format to convert to other model formats.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal