Author Topic: New BETA Update  (Read 21694 times)

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
Re: New BETA Update
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 02:23:48 PM »
I just was asking if anyone else who tried raptor fest noticed anything, I wasnt even reporting a bug. If was i would had checked the console or wathever, and report it on the steam forums.

Jesuschrist chill down everyone.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »
I just was asking if anyone else who tried raptor fest noticed anything, I wasnt even reporting a bug. If was i would had checked the console or wathever, and report it on the steam forums.

A connection error overall would be considered a bug, yes one that doesn't give any guidance but its still something a dev may be interested in. That hasn't been mentioned anywhere that I'm aware of so its reasonable for someone to look into your comment. Were you playing a mod or just regular raptor fest mode? But to answer the general question on my end- no I haven't noticed any problems its running really smooth. Did you possibly try verifying cache integrity yet? If it happens more yeah just be sure to report it. No worries.

Suddenly all the mp maps that I have worked on turn into some form of co op/ sp dino hunting action. I played with Sixty Four and it was really fun its how we play on Doom survivor mode! Except this time it was on Turok 2. The Caverns map works really good for raptor fest because there is actually a lot of open room! We played for about 2 hours though it was really fun we set it to 100 kills no time limit :D And tested this mp map pack that will release soon. Wow it gives a hole new meaning to the mp maps we worked on. And the Doom maps some really good mp maps for any mode is coming very soon and features more than one mapper. I don't get to play mp often I'm so freaking busy but that was 100% worth my time.

It was very fun thanks for testing with me I have a few kinks to work out on the maps but its all small stuff. My full focus will go on that once I finish my SP map which is about 90% done right now. Yeah its pretty crazy to see the mp maps turn into co op survival monster fest's. Very neat game mode.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:16:36 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 03:43:39 PM »
When will it come to gog? :/ hate how gog gets update last. Looks really fun I will play that mode alone even. And I see them trying to clean up for the xbx one port. Really cool to see that still being a thing that happens.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 04:34:34 PM »

A connection error overall would be considered a bug, yes one that doesn't give any guidance but its still something a dev may be interested in. That hasn't been mentioned anywhere that I'm aware of so its reasonable for someone to look into your comment. Were you playing a mod or just regular raptor fest mode? But to answer the general question on my end- no I haven't noticed any problems its running really smooth. Did you possibly try verifying cache integrity yet? If it happens more yeah just be sure to report it. No worries.

Suddenly all the mp maps that I have worked on turn into some form of co op/ sp dino hunting action. I played with Sixty Four and it was really fun its how we play on Doom survivor mode! Except this time it was on Turok 2. The Caverns map works really good for raptor fest because there is actually a lot of open room! We played for about 2 hours though it was really fun we set it to 100 kills no time limit :D And tested this mp map pack that will release soon. Wow it gives a hole new meaning to the mp maps we worked on. And the Doom maps some really good mp maps for any mode is coming very soon and features more than one mapper. I don't get to play mp often I'm so freaking busy but that was 100% worth my time.

It was very fun thanks for testing with me I have a few kinks to work out on the maps but its all small stuff. My full focus will go on that once I finish my SP map which is about 90% done right now. Yeah its pretty crazy to see the mp maps turn into co op survival monster fest's. Very neat game mode.

It was on a regular dedicated server, maybe Postal's. PLaying H2Whoa and the whole map was flooded with enemies. Got "connection interrupted" message two times while playing, but I just rejoined as if nothing happened.

Offline Edward850

• Nightdive Devs
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 05:10:31 PM »
When will it come to gog? :/ hate how gog gets update last.
It's simply a beta at the moment, so GOG will get it when push it into the main branch.
Basically it's just so we can push out updates faster by focusing on one build if anything goes wrong (and something did, there was a multithreading issue with packets), and Steam has the bigger userbase.
It likely won't stay in beta for long, namely because we want dedicated server support pushed to everyone ASAP.

It was on a regular dedicated server, maybe Postal's. PLaying H2Whoa and the whole map was flooded with enemies. Got "connection interrupted" message two times while playing, but I just rejoined as if nothing happened.
That sounds normal. Connection Interrupted just means the server isn't responding to your input so it's pauses itself while it waits for the server to respond again to prevent having too many input commands backed up.
Raptor Fest requires huge amounts of bandwidth to sync large enemy counts, especially when there are lots of nodes* to sync it to. Some hosts may benefit from using a lower network frequency.

*A node is any connected client, but not necessarily a player as a node running splitscreen can have 4 players.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 05:20:07 PM by Edward850 »

Offline Sneakze

• Iguana
  • T:REP 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 05:50:50 AM »
Another beta update, along with a new N64 map (Escheria)! Also Doomseeker server browser support along with the T2 plugin.

We have updated the beta again with
- Some improvements to region navigation City-5 for RaptorFest.
- Externalised the RaptorFest spawn list to /defs/raptorFestInfo.txt (so the spawn list can be modded if your heart desires; take heed, not every AI is going to work, and some will even crash the game on sight).
- Improved reliability of client<->server weapon synchronizations with non-user input weapon change events.
- Revived another N64 map, Escheria.

As this changes the KPF, any dedicated servers not yet updated will show a KPF key error. Be sure to inform the server host.

Meanwhile, if you are a fan of Doomseeker (or just the concept of external server browsers and Turok2), click this link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/405830/discussions/2/2333276539611967816/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:52:48 AM by Sneakze »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 09:56:42 AM »
Wow that's bad ass hell yeah 8) Yes I am a fan of Doomseeker lol lately all I play is Doomseeker and Turok its pretty ironic for me seeing them in the same place like that.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:02:28 AM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 01:28:04 PM »
What is doomseeker?

By the way is there a console command to switch difficulty midgame?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 01:28:53 PM by Mon-Ark »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 02:12:42 PM »
Doomseeker simply put is a program people use to play Doom mp. You don't have to use it for dedicated servers for Turok 2 there are already ways for that, its just an additional option for those who may like to host and play through that. Its actually funny to me because Sixty Four, Deathsphere, Revenant Blood, and I all play Doom together on Doomseeker.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 02:18:18 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Edward850

• Nightdive Devs
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 08:32:58 PM »
Another update, likely the last one before this goes into the main public:
  • Slightly altered the weights of the RaptorFest spawns.
  • Added measures to help make sure enemies can't get stuck in RaptorFest when they aren't idle.
  • InstaRok was missing a flag for generator spawns.
  • Scoreboard visual improvements and additonal information about the running game.
  • Escheria has music now.
As this changes the KPF, any dedicated servers not yet updated will show a KPF key error. Be sure to inform the server host.

Additional reminder that a Doomseeker plugin exists here as always: http://steamcommunity.com/app/405830/discussions/2/2333276539611967816/

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal