Author Topic: Darkest in series?  (Read 8066 times)

Offline Gardner95x

• Iguana
  • T:REP 36
    • View Profile
Darkest in series?
« on: September 19, 2017, 09:06:22 PM »
Anyone else think the second game had the darkest tone? Coming from Dinosaur Hunter to Seeds of Evil when I was younger was just like woah now it's serious

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
Re: Darkest in series?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 09:12:17 PM »
Nah, that title belongs to Turok 3.

The comic book tie in was pretty cool and the concept of a creature capable of destroying worlds without much effort made me shiver.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »
For sure its between Turok 2 and Turok 3. The others aren't even close to being as dark.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline raul

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 02:45:33 PM »
Turok 2 was the culmination of all the hard work put into turok 1. Combined with a stronger art direction and a bit more advanced tech they were able to really push the envelope. I will tell you guys, that 12 year old me was a really freaked out and in total awe at the 3 hours that it took me to get through the River of Souls the first time around. That part when you finally reach the first sister of despair..oh man..it was pretty spooky and at the time problably one of the coolest most detailed stuff i had seen in a video! hehe.  The lair of the blind ones also left a big impression on me. I know most people were not fans of the huge levels. For me half the fun was exploring these massive laberynths and find my way.  Tight litte caves with spiders..

I do agree that Turok 3 took it ways further by adding a real story, and sticking to a theme.  Turok evolution was fun..but meh. Turok ( mid 2000) had a lot of premise, but things got washed out like most super triple A games of those times ( and now ). I did like the art direction on that one.

Long live the n64 turok!

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 06:52:54 PM »

Offline Gardner95x

• Iguana
  • T:REP 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 02:09:02 PM »
 River Of Souls was the best, music , enemies everything, when I ever start again I always do level 1, 3, 5 then 2,4.

Sisters of Dispair are no danger when you have a Scorpion Launcher!

Offline HoltDan

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 09:19:31 AM »
I’ve been playing through 2 on the version from steam and the sisters were easy to the point I assume it’s a bug. I ‘accidentally’ killed the 1st 2 with a stray shredder shot. I didn’t even see the 1st one.

I let the 3rd one chase me around a bit just so I could look at her. Everything else seems just as difficult as ever!

Offline Turok Fireseed

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 09:16:09 PM »
I think the only dark moment in Turok 2 in my opinion, was that first Oblivion cutscene, where they introduced themselves. That scared me even to this day XD

Now, Turok 3 in my opinion is the darkest in the series. Turok 3 did show the results of Oblivion's power across the universe. On top of that, it's mostly the only game in the series that i know of, where a Turok has been killed, and even used against his own family. Oblivion was really at hand in that game.  :oblivion:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal