Author Topic: WindowsRXEMU A windows gaming emulator "In Development"  (Read 2034 times)

Offline MecaCool

• Raptor
  • T:REP 435
  • Trying to be as Humble as I can be to Others.
    • View Profile
WindowsRXEMU A windows gaming emulator "In Development"
« on: May 04, 2020, 10:05:17 PM »
Well, let us take a min to think about this before we post.

You are right it needs to emulate or imitate hardware but its not that easy when you are emulating hardware on windows that your OS needs to call drivers to access functions to do pacific tasks which your hardware as well plays a massive roll in getting graphics sound processing power and storage space to save your files to.

But we cannot emulate hardware like we do on the N64 or other game consoles the OS and hardware is too rebuse on windows which comes with a massive undertaking which explains why others want to critique the comment which is understanding but I will try to clarify things up for you.

So, lets start with the trick or approach taking in this massive undertaking which is a first in history on emulation virtual culture.

First Understand I don't like to program the same way that you may take an undertaking on this project I like to reinvent the wheel which is why I get so much community either hating me thinking I'm fake or stalking my posts dying to see more on what I do. So that being said I'm about to probably lose you in this but that's okay if you still don't get this.

Let us talk about the first part of this project:

RXOS!:

This is a major purpose it has a massive roll to play in making everything
work as intented.

What is RXOS this is a Virtual OS that handles the emu's major tasks.
What are these massive important tasks.

1. OSINIT:
This makes all the functions that do virtual exploded calls as intended.

2. OSTHREADS:
This takes all functions and gives them a proper thread to handle there own exploded tasks without taking to many resources and helps with performance greatly when the emulator is accessing these drivers that hold the important functions that make the emulator work as intended.

3. OSDRIVERMANAGEMENT:
This Function helps the Emulator handle each driver that needs to be called executed.

4. OSEMITATE:
This Function has the so-called secret sauce?
This function is very important it takes a CPU, GPU, SOUNDCARD, RAM HDD, SATA DRIVE And creates a template for each and then there is a series of functions for each feature of these default hardware templates that allows us to get a duplicate of what these named hardware's are able to have so it saves us time reverse-engineering these named hardware's which is illegal
properly execute these hardware's through drivers so the RXOS knows what to call and handle when a game is hosted in the emulator. This is a basic interpretation so I won't give anymore about this right now.

5. OSRESOURCEMANAGER:
This Function handles and executes resources from the hosted emu machine and executes properly without corruption.

6. OSVIDEO:
This function handles and displays and renders data to the client its simple sh*t from here easy to understand.

7. OSAUDIO:

This function handles the Audio and executes it properly when the RXOS needs to call it.

8. OSUSER:
This function allows the user to create a standard or admin account in which these different account types have limited functionality to the emulator so like saving your game progress or saving to config files ezt.

9. OSEXEC:

This function handles exe extensions and calls and executes game executables through the hosted RXOS.

10. OSHARDWAREMANAGER:
This Function handles the hardware that is being executed and called on by the RXOS.

11. OSDIRECTXMANAGER:
This function handles .libs and .dlls from direct versions then executes series of functions required by the hosted game executable.

12. OSOPENGLMANAGER:
This function handles .libs and .dlls from OpenGL versions then executes series of functions required by the hosted game executable.

13. OSVULKANMANAGER:
This function handles .libs and .dlls from Vulkan versions then executes series of functions required by the hosted game executable.

14. OSSTARTUP:
This function starts up the RXOS and properly gets everything up and running ready to be called executed and emulated as intended.

15. OSUPDATE:
This function updates the RXOS and emulator according to the User input to hosted data or hosted data types.

16. OSRESET:
This function resets the emulator to its default configuration incase you f*ck up and need to start fresh.

17. OSNET:
This function has not been coded yet. "no comment on this"

18. OSPATCHER:
This function has not been coded yet. "no comment on this"

So, this is the Basics of The RXOS and what you need to know.

Now its talk about the ClientServer Project:

This is the hosted emulator that handles and calls every driver resource or file intended to host a game through the emulator with these emulated hardware templates. And then it has a stored Folder for each game you intend to host which you have to make a folder with the name of the game's executable and copy and paste the entire game root folder contents inside of the sub-folder you created so the emulator can host this data as intended which if you don't do it a certain way it will through an error and give you a helpful tip to fix this issue. Simple explanation.

Let us talk now about template hardware's
So for each hardware type, I will tell what it will emulate with set features.

1. RTX 2080 TI Super 11gbs Vram GPU: "DEFAULT TEMPLATE"

Memory Speed: [14000 MHz]

Graphics Coprocessor: [NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti]

Graphics Card Ram Size: [11 GB]

=====================================================================================

=====================================

2. Intel Core i9-9900KF Desktop Processor: "DEFAULT TEMPLATE"

Processor: [3.6 GHz Core i9]

RAM: [128 GB]

Memory Speed: [3600 MHz]

Processor Count: [8]

=====================================================================================

3. DDR4 3200 32GB Ram: "DEFAULT TEMPLATE"

RAM: [32GB DDR4]

Memory Speed: [3200 MHz]

Processor Count: [8]

Computer Memory Type: [DDR4 SDRAM]

Voltage: [1.35 volts]

4. Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5: "DEFAULT TEMPLATE"

32-bit: [384kHz]

Playback: [122dB DNR]

5. SATA III: "DEFAULT TEMPLATE"

RAM: [6GB]

Hard Drive: [Solid State Hard Drive]

ProcessorCount: [6]

FlashMemorySize: [1]

DigitalStorageCapacity: [1TB]

HardwareInterface: [SATA 6.0 Gb/s]

DataTransferRate: [6 gigabits_per_second]

6. Seagate IronWolf 14TB NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD: "DEFAULT TEMPLATE"

FlashMemorySize: [14 TB]

HardDriveRotationalSpeed: [7200 RPM]

CacheMemoryInstalledSize: [64.0 MB]

DigitalStorageCapacity: [14 TB]

HardDiskRotationalSpeed: [7200 rpm]

HardwareInterface: [SATA 6.0 Gb/s]

Size: [14TB]

Now know this we are not accurately emulated these named hardware only creating a base hardware template that the RXOS will think is a proper hardware type CPU, GPU, HDD, SATA, SOUNDCARD, RAM and execute its features as intended which is the Secret Sauce.

I just name these hardware's with these names based on what default Templates intend to emulate with set features from each hardware emulated or imitated.

So, this is the basics of this project which is a lot.
Hope it clarified some questions up and I know I did not talk about
some advanced stuff even with the hardware templates but you can
assume I have good intentions right now as of why.

All you see here is finished Except the hardware templates which all my code is done except that
I will link my source code when I am done and got a release until then don't ask! It prevents drama which I don't give a crap about.
I can show some screenshots here: https://imgur.com/Z02p2EG , https://imgur.com/VVkeAsu
Thanks and stay tuned for more updates.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:14:43 PM by MecaCool »
A c++ and c Programmer.

Offline MecaCool

• Raptor
  • T:REP 435
  • Trying to be as Humble as I can be to Others.
    • View Profile
Re: WindowsRXEMU A windows gaming emulator "In Development"
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 04:08:35 AM »
If anybody wants to come over and hang or chat on my dev twitch account.
I'm doing a dev stream of the WindowsRXEMU if you are interested.
come here: on Saturday night at 8:30 pm est time US https://www.twitch.tv/mrdevsalott
A c++ and c Programmer.

Offline Dinomite

• Chronoscepter
  • T:REP 9566
    • View Profile
Re: WindowsRXEMU A windows gaming emulator "In Development"
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 02:40:20 PM »
 :disappearing:

The most hated person on the internet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal