Author Topic: Turok Ultimate Overhaul Project  (Read 5950 times)

Offline helenchris0704

• Iguana
  • T:REP 75
    • View Profile
Turok Ultimate Overhaul Project
« on: April 17, 2017, 02:47:27 PM »
This is the official forum page for the Tuork 1 ultimate overhaul mod. All discussions, bug reports, reviews, suggestions, and submissions regarding this mod on Turok Forums should be posted here. Below will be a link to the steam group and a mod kpf of the latest available version of the mod. Thank you for your support and enjoy!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/turokultimateoverhaul

FEATURES:

Flamethrower- A new weapon that was made just for this mod. It, well throws flames. Uses fuel as ammo.

Flechette Gun- A new weapon added for the mod that plays off of one of the weapons in Turok Evolution. This was made to be our only projectile weapon that works underwater. It uses flechettes as it's primary ammo and harpoons as it's alternate.

Ammo Toggle- A slightly modified version of the ammo toggle feature from smoke39's Turok+ mod. It lets you cycle between primary and alternate ammo, which was originally a huge flaw of the game not being able to do so.

Special Attack- A new function to be bound to a key/button that let's players execute a special action unique to the weapon they are holding. Currently the only weapons that have this implemented are the knife and shotgun.

Boomerang Knife- The knife's special attack. Contrary to the name, this actually just fires a projectile from the knife. The weapon actually never leaves your hand.

Multi Pump Shotgun- The shotgun's special attack. This lets the player pump up to 4 shells into the barrel and fire every shell pumped this way simultaneously. The shotgun keeps track of what shells are pumped (i.e. if you pump 3 reg shells and 1 explosive, it will actually fire 3 shells and 1 explosive shell) and ammo is now used when pumping instead of firing. The pump animation is a little jerky and as of right now I have not yet figured out how to fix the bug where when you pump the last shell it switches weapons, but for now it is a one of a kind feature. I am also working on a setting that lets the player turn off the autopump, meaning you would have the option to control every pump.

Incendiary Rounds- Alternate ammo for the pistol. I think you can guess what these do.

Pulse Rounds- The pulse rifle now uses it's own ammo to make it a bit better of a weapon.

AR Bullets- The assault rifle now uses pistol bullets as it's primary, and AR bullets as it's alt ammo. This makes the AR much more useful and it definitely makes more sense. My future plan is to completely remove the use of pistol bullets form this gun and give it another new ammo type. The AR weapon pickup will give AR bullets.

Ammo Readjustments- The max ammo and max backpack ammo for a few weapons has been changed. For a complete list of this, visit the link above. Some of the pickup amounts have also been adjusted.

Sounds- A few of the weapon sounds were reworked to be a bit more immersive. The biggest changes were made to the alien gun sounds.

New Projectiles- New projectiles have been added for the new weapons, ammo types, and other features.

New Tuxtures- A variety of HD textures have been added to modify levels and weapons. These, however will be a separate add on for the mod.

Contributors:

HelenChris0704
Doommarine23
Smoke39
(shadow)
Badger
sidearms
vinicious
BehemothProgrammer
iddqd13
dakuwan

If you are interested in contributing, PM me.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:33:23 PM by helenchris0704 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Turok Ultimate Overhaul Project
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 04:01:58 PM »
I moved this topic into the modding/mapping section of Turok DH here.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline helenchris0704

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 04:27:01 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 11:01:31 AM »
Hmm you should really include a featured list. Like what is in the mod here? I don't think just posting it without the info will attract many people to play it. Tell us what we can expect if we would play.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline helenchris0704

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 06:11:41 PM »
That's a good point, I figured everyone who sees this will just check it out on steam, but I will add a changelog to let everyone know what the mod actually does.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal