Author Topic: Turok: Mountain of the Sun  (Read 41976 times)

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
Re: Turok: Mountain of the Sun
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 12:37:43 PM »
Duke totem  didnt appear on my game for some reason. Starting a new game and it spawns.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 12:02:58 AM »
Pretty cool new boss
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 10:59:20 PM »
I'm loving the updated areas in the new patch. You're just trying to see how many times I can play this thing in a two week period, aren't you? :V

I'm having a hell of a time getting the rope grapple point in the Primal Valley to trigger, though (i really want that feather :< ). And I kept falling through the platforms in the water elevator room, but only when I got too close to the walls.

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
Updated the mod. Extended the maps with more secrets and routes. And Adon is playable after beating the game with 10 or more Sacred Feathers or just call for help in the console.

I'm loving the updated areas in the new patch. You're just trying to see how many times I can play this thing in a two week period, aren't you? :V

I'm having a hell of a time getting the rope grapple point in the Primal Valley to trigger, though (i really want that feather :< ). And I kept falling through the platforms in the water elevator room, but only when I got too close to the walls.
thanks for playing it! I gave up with trying to get the collision to work correctly with the rope shots, just keep trying you get it after a couple shots. Yeah that water room I could make better by making the elevators wider, but then I'd have to resector that whole room so I said no to that and just reduced the players speed by half while in them.

Also want to say I was working on the hummer as another playable character, but it was getting too annoying to do it correctly so I tossed that idea.

Also Also want to note that in this update for Adon's Grapple Beam I made my first real Turok animation for it. Where she shows both her arms and presses the button with her hand. Not too amazing, but just happy I did that.

And if someone could tell me if the stalagmites for the final boss spawns up nice and smoothly or just pops in and out, that'd be great to know. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:19:12 AM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »
thanks for playing it! I gave up with trying to get the collision to work correctly with the rope shots, just keep trying you get it after a couple shots. Yeah that water room I could make better by making the elevators wider, but then I'd have to resector that whole room so I said no to that and just reduced the players speed by half while in them.
Oh no, I didn't mean the water elevators, I was talking about the little stone platforms that stick out of the sides of the room. I could stand on them fine, but as soon as I touched the wall, I dropped through them. If it's going to be a pain to resector, though, then don't worry about it. =P

I tried for roughly ten minutes to get the rope to take; eventually just used the fly cheat to get up there, lol.

And for me at least, the stalagmites spawned all smooth-like.

I've yet to pick up the grapple beam, but playing as Adon has been an absolute blast so far.

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2017, 12:53:44 PM »
Oh the stone platforms. I thought I fixed those before. Thanks, I fixed them up.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2017, 04:28:23 PM »
Character Select is nice I AM ADON.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline DoomMarine23

• Raptor
  • T:REP 230
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2017, 11:21:46 PM »
You continue to impress. The work you do is seriously motivating in the sense that it shows what we can do with the tools we have. Half of what you did, I never expect like entire new playable characters.

Offline Manhs

• Iguana
  • T:REP 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2017, 01:23:49 AM »
Nice, i will download it! When you say more routes, the map is longer then? Awesome, i'm gonna play it again!

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 10:27:16 PM »
Playing as adon is really cool and has lost of new things. Hope I dont miss anything besides the ground pound and the dodge.

BTW, something about the update: Some grapple points are unreachable unless projectile collision is set to "precise"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal