Author Topic: DOOM  (Read 328483 times)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
DOOM
« on: September 17, 2015, 01:51:53 PM »
Okay so I am thinking I can't be the only one here that likes Doom games. I have been a big fan of Doom for awhile now, and it is one of the best games ever. I am thinking here we can discuss anything and everything about all the Doom games here. There are plenty of user made contents to go around for a lifetime. If you know of any good ones please post them and we all can check them out! I was thinking Turok fans might also like DOOM.

Post screenshots, news, contents, thoughts, videos or anything about DOOM here.

Also, as we know it DOOM 4 is coming so we can discuss thoughts on that also if you wish.

"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Spartan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 376
  • PARTRIDGE METAL
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 03:33:36 PM »
This saga along with Turok and Zoo Tycoon are my favourites! I still remember the day I bought Doom 3, 11 years ago! And then in christmas 2011 play it again...what a day! WHAT A LOVELY DAY! Also Im waiting the new one. Looks a very good update to our days. Specially the monsters. I love how some models are based in my favourite doom 3 monsters like Hell Knight. I can say I was 2 years ago in support development of Doom, when I was in Zenimax. I hope I can show you soon the models I made and more to see my models in the game.
WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 06:45:01 PM »
Most people probably think I am weird for this but I actually played Turok before I knew about Doom. But when I found Doom I was shocked I think Doom can go in my top 5 games easily.

I can say I was 2 years ago in support development of Doom when I was in Zenimax. I hope I can show you soon the models I made and more to see my models in the game.

You worked on some of the Doom models? If so dude I must say that is pretty awesome!
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 10:17:19 PM »
Cool thread I like me some Doom, I think Doom 2 and 64 would be my favorites but I like them all 3 is good to.

I have a few things I could post here though.

Here I am playing some Doom 3 BFG mp this was awhile ago though. I actually have a more recent one but I never got around to uploading heh maybe I will.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Demon Turok

• Raptor
  • T:REP 353
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 10:39:33 PM »
I played a couple of doom game 1  2  Doom 3   even mods  with mrrumbleroses

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 09:57:32 AM »
Yeah I am a bit concerned with Doom 4 but it seems to be close to the new Shadow Warrior/Wolfenstein which I loved. I just hope its not so linear or repetitive.

The snap-map thing is concerning me to. I don't want to build maps only using there set pieces just putting it on the wall. Sure this might sound cool to some but to me its a noob way of building a map. What happens to sitting down and actually learning the process rather then click drag paste. But all in all I am super excited for it. I mean its Doom either way :)

I played a couple of doom game 1  2  Doom 3   even mods  with mrrumbleroses

The mods for these 3 are endless :D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:58:45 AM by DoomGuy »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 10:30:45 AM »
Yeah its not a game to be taken lightly I hope the developers realize that. This is a game where if they seriously screw up there rep is going down in the garbage. I am hopeful that it is in the right place, but modern will be modern classic is the best imo.

This snap map is one of my main concerns because level editing should not be drag, drop, paste, and copy. From what I am hearing about it I am not sure if I will even be interested in that thing. Also, I know where your coming from trust me there are quite a few people already somewhat disgusted in what they are seeing and even I am heavily concerned but as a huge Doom fan all I can do atm is be hopeful :)

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 02:02:31 PM »
The screenshots for the new game look nice a bit of horror. My brothers used to pull my Mario 64 cartridge out and say its Doom time. I wish they just played it on there pc but no they just had to play Doom on the 64 also.
I AM ADON

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 03:27:19 PM »
It was on and off it didn't matter trust me I tried to fight over it but they would always win but I at least hit one of them each time hehe. We had some battles over who's turn it was always but it was normal they never really hurt me. Just kind of moved me to the side lol.
I AM ADON

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 11:05:31 PM »
I watched the reveal that day and I decided to record my screen while it played :) I am excited but you guys are right, they need to tread softly xD young grasshopper.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal