Author Topic: If Turok 3 was to be Remade  (Read 15936 times)

Offline tycholith

• Iguana
  • T:REP 13
    • View Profile
If Turok 3 was to be Remade
« on: November 08, 2017, 01:49:42 AM »
Hello everyone! I am a first time poster here and found this forum just today, and I am glad to find that there are other people who are interested in this long forgotten series.

As the title suggests, I would like to discuss what would you like to see in a hypothetical remake of Turok 3.

Here are a few questions I have for you the subject, along with some of my own opinions:

QUESTIONS:
==================================================================================================

The most apparent thing to address would be the plot.  Would you want to have a complete rewrite keeping some of the major points or just fix some of the plot holes that cause confusion and keep it mostly as is?

Would it be preferable to keep the story minimal to gameplay? Or would you prefer the plot be incorporated into the game play?

If plot was going to be more involved in the gameplay, would you prefer all story elements and plot related dialogue in game similar to Half Life? Or would you prefer it to be in cut scenes like Turok Evolution?

Would you want Adon's side story to go more in depth? Perhaps even as a playable character?

What about a post-game Joshua mode that had unique levels?

Here questions regarding gameplay:

Would you want each character's story modes still split from each other or would you like to see both character's stories incorporated into one, but with some segments where you only play as one of them? What about being able to switch between Dani or Joseph at the beginning of a chapter/section or on a whim?

Would you want the characters to have more guns and tools? Would you remove or add any guns or tools to their arsenal?

What other environments or types of levels would you like to see in the game if any?

Would you want the level design to be linear or more open world?

More Dinosaurs?

MY OWN THOUGHTS & OPINIONS
===================================================================================================

- I feel that the main story would have to be mostly rewritten. While the plot in the game does continue the story line of the series, I feel that there are major holes in the plot that leave me with more questions than answers. Chapters 1, 4, and 5 are explained and justified (Adon sends Dani and Joseph to the breach, and The throwback jungle level takes them to Oblivion's hideout) but chapters 2 and 3 aren't really explained, they just show up without any explanation other than "find what 'child is the key' means." Some contextualization to better justify why the team goes to these levels would be nice, since absolutely I love them. I also think that the child is the key arc should be either toned down or scrapped. If it were to be kept, there should be some screentime for Brian (Dani's husband) who is only briefly mentioned.

- Adon as a character and her involvement in the story should be expanded upon, and this can be easily done by having her as a playable character

- Joshua levels are a must. It would make for some sweet bonus content

- I honestly am not too sure if I would like the Dani and Joseph's games mixed into one single story.I can see how it can help streamline gameplay, but I feel that the option between switching characters in game would be a must if it were to happen.

- I would definitely want more weapons to be added to the game. There would of course be more variants of already existing weapons, but I think there should also be different types of some of the lower tier weapons (ie, different types of assault rifles, shotguns and pistols.) The only weapons I would want removed would be the upgrades to the cerebral bore and upgrades to the shotgun. I think it would be better to make these weapons have different types of ammunition for the same gun and the shredder still be its own weapon. I'm not too sure about what tools to add, but I think that the night vision shouldnt be unique to joseph or the grapple to Dani.

- I would like to see more environments in the game, whether they are their own chapters or part of existing ones. I would like to see the city level much more vastly open and a level similar to the hive of the mantids. I believe that a level for Galyanna would fit as well, especially if Adon was going to be more playable

- I would like levels to be more open world but not completely non linear.

- More dinosaurs

===================================================================================================

These are just a few ideas I have for a remake, if one were to ever be made. Sorry for such a huge wall of text, I just wanted to get the thread going and get my thoughts out there. I will post more ideas as I think of them. I would love to hear what you think and discuss your ideas.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:52:11 AM by tycholith »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
Re: If Turok 3 was to be Remade
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 01:24:17 PM »
Well considering a remake is different than a remaster I could go along with your suggestions and input. If it were to be a pc remaster I would like everything to be the same as it is. As a total remake though I would like more of the info and story to click and make more sense.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline tycholith

• Iguana
  • T:REP 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »
That is why I was careful to only use the word remake in the OP.  A remaster would have to obviously be untouched asidss from optimal controls and making it PC compatible. In the OP I didnt specify that the remaster would on PC because I figured that would be a given

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 11:32:11 AM »

Offline Warayurt

• Iguana
  • T:REP -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 10:57:05 PM »
I think that at first it was not like this.

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 11:13:50 AM »
No, no NO!!!!!!!

The story is what it is, we've been through the dinosoid stuff in Turok 2, now it's time for Turok 3, which is unique in it's own right. It's not aliens invading earth, it's about the flesh eaters and oblivion, which was foreshadowed in Turok 2 the whole time. I am TIRED of the "just dinosaurs" shit. Yes they played a big part of the enemies but it was NEVER just about the dinosaurs! Humans, aliens, demons, and other monsters were involved throughout the storylines.

You want to help the story along? Tell the Turok IP holders to stop REBOOTING the goddamn series every time it's shared to somebody! Turok '08 was a cash grab! Jesus fucking christ, if they don't stick to the video game or the valient comics universes, they shouldn't be supported, plain and simple!!!

P.S. People are bad and ungrateful all the time! Sometimes they need to be fought!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 11:14:55 AM by Badger »

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 01:27:31 PM »
Even on the valiant comics series, he killed more humans than dinos.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 01:37:35 PM »
Right I don't agree with taking out the other types of enemies I mean there a huge part of Turok. Aliens, dinosoids, humans, and even robots. But I must say how could one go wrong adding more types of dinosaurs? There's so many dinos that were simply to large to fit into the old games. But if they could of they would of. There's alot more variety in the comics and even the animated film. Its a lost land where dinos exist. That means there shouldn't only be 3-4 dinosaurs when there is thousands of species. Even some dinosaurs were cut from the original games because no room. Well now we have room.

i'de rather see this in a new Turok game though. Rather then a T3 remake ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:44:03 PM by Jay Doomed »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 06:20:52 PM »
Maybe i spoke a little too harshly on the dinos. Yeah, dinosaurs should be a big part of the enemies. The reason i got defensive was I get flashbacks of being disappointed watching the playthrough of Turok '08, anticipating when the next new creature would come out. It turned me off from looking forward to any new Turok releases for a decade. It was only when this game was released that it mildly piqued my interest again.

And now there's this thread talking about rewriting Turok 3. I'm putting my foot down and saying NO! The franchise has been rewritten over and over, and frankly it is a MESS! Enough is enough, Turok 3 is canon, for better or worse, maybe Turok 4 could alleviate it's story a little.

How many fucking letdowns do we have to go through until all the fans turn away from the series completely?

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 01:59:33 PM »
Oh my bad if it sounded like I'm just going after you that isn't my point just randomly talking here. I mean Turok 3 does not need to be remade it needs to be remastered. But I think this topic is like a fan fiction thing we all know... if there was going to be a new Turok it wont be a remake of Turok 3. As for a new game they need to combine T1+T2 mixture of the gameplay, weapons, and monsters. And then simply add some more variety of dino's on top of it. Maybe more varieties of aliens and cyborgs too ome stegosaurus and mech versions of them.

Not everyone likes Turok 08 but there is Turok fans out there who actually really like the game. I think it was a good game but not a great Turok game to many things I don't like that I could mention about it. But overall its decent fps game for the time of it. But some other folks really like that game a bunch.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 02:02:43 PM by Jay Doomed »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal