Author Topic: Hello I am one of the people working on one of the remakes of Turok,  (Read 18489 times)

Offline OrindoomHammer

• Iguana
  • T:REP 100
    • View Profile
Greetings and thank you for the invite to the forum. I have been working on turok alone for little over forever now. looking for people with talent skill and heart. that is not however the only project i am currently working on. I also have a survival game that i will be working on as well.

Feel free to join me on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turok-Dinosaur-hunter-Fan-Remake/789096597773938?ref=bookmarks and like and share if you enjoy the work i am doing. and dont forget to say hi.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Hello I am one of the people working on one of the remakes of Turok,
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 05:37:49 PM »
Glad to see you :) yes that Turok remake sounds very promising I am very happy there is something like this in the making. Turok 1 is my favorite of the series so I am waiting patiently for this thanks for your hard work buddy! Hope it keeps going well for you
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline bullerbuller7

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 01:40:58 PM »
heyaaaaaaa

Offline chirac31

• Iguana
  • T:REP 190
  • http://turok.forumactif.com/
    • View Profile
    • http://turok.forumactif.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 03:59:46 PM »
hello

nice project you have.
i dont know if ti can help you , but you should take a look at this website:
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?91-Acclaim-project

you can download some archives about the turok 2 game, the n64 version. oyu can find in textures and heroes of the game, plus maps, and other goodies.
yo help you  you should download the archive number 6 and number 8, its only the ones about the turok game.
this can be interesting for others players, programmers, or fan about turok. those 2 archives are 8 Gb of data.
cya

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 01:19:19 AM »
I saw this because a friend of mine showed me it, was excited then I saw they were big files. Was going to try to figure out which ones had Turok but as you said 6 and 8 so thanks for telling. Some pretty cool pictures inside those and other nice things that could help out :)
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 01:19:47 AM »
This remake looks very special if you pull through with this we will be entirely grateful :) lol Also I saw those Acclaim packs and there's some pretty cool stuff in there. Anyway can't wait see more progress on this.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Ry

• Iguana
  • T:REP 56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 04:48:13 AM »

I'm confused by this remake. I thought it was just a HD remake of the game, but it appears there's going to be extra stuff added to it that the game never had, which confuses me. I'm not saying it won't work, but one's imagination is infinite and that could easily get in the way if one wants to add this and that as there's no limit to what one can add, especially if people start requesting things themselves to be added.

The Turok remake project doesn't have a check list of anything. I wish there was a check list of characters, enemies, guns, maps, etc. I'm not trying to tell an artist how to do their job though. ;P Seeing things how they are like this looks like a complete mess to me and messes with my OCD. Lol. ;P

If there was a check list, to me it would show that there's structure being made to those who are watching this project and if at some point he wants to start a Kickstart project, I'm sure it would gain support, because he's got something to show for it. I doubt anyone would throw money towards this project with how things look.

If the maps aren't going to be identical, then I suggest he should make his own Turok game.

Overall, I think he should just make a remake of the first game, HD, keep it 100% identical and later release extras for it that people can add themselves and make it open for extras, so others can also add to it if they want. This way there's a simple start, a simple finish and the imagination can be left to everyone. Just my opinion, but I think it's a good one.

I wish he had a YouTube channel too, so there are videos of his work in progress for those who didn't get to see him on his live video chat. They could still be uploaded to this game indie page too, but YouTube's far more popular to get noticed.

Sorry if I come across as negative, though I'm not trying to. I'm just being constructive from my view of things.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 10:47:21 AM by Dinomite »
I can't be contacted at this website anymore. To contact me, email me at ryliveshere@gmail.com

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I thought this thread belonged in this board. Wonder whats going on with this. Wish there were updates I dont want to go on facebook I am against all that.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 10:16:13 AM »
This thing got cancelled. The guy decided to move on and work on something else.... :/ time to un pin.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:16:48 AM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 12:51:51 PM »
Yep he is moving on :/ well I think he still plans to make another game though. Probably will still be good just not Turok. Good luck with whatever you decide
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal