Author Topic: Co-Op Mod  (Read 179552 times)

Offline dc.all

• Iguana
  • T:REP 6
    • View Profile
Re: Coop Mod v0.6
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 02:15:41 AM »
This really is amazing.
I've been playing Co-op over Lan for a few nights now. it all works great!
My brother and I had been waiting to play Turok2 coop ever since the N64! :D
When NightDive released the T2 remaster, the lack of a functional coop made it a deal breaker for me. (not to sound harsh, they've really done a spectacular job of reviving this classic).
but your mod fixed that, and it runs like a dream! I love the adjustments to the maps you've made. the extra enemy placements and breaking the areas up into a linear set of maps have really worked out better than I could of imagined.

intense gratification out of the way, was just wondering about a few things...

I notice the game saves our weapons/progress. if I quit back to the main menu and start a new game, it will save it too.
however, if I close T2 and launch it again, all progress is lost. is this normal?

Is there any way to set the lives limit? or the game difficulty? or does that scale when I add more players?

Thanks again.
DC

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 01:54:35 PM »
Thanks! Yeah just about everyone wished they included coop in the remaster. I just saw with a lot work it could be done and tried to just go for it. Glad you liked it too. And thanks for the Patreon pledge that's super awesome of you!

I notice the game saves our weapons/progress. if I quit back to the main menu and start a new game, it will save it too.
however, if I close T2 and launch it again, all progress is lost. is this normal?
Yes that's how it is. I'm not able to save anything to a file through the games scripting so the state of the game is saved in memory only. So if the host exits the game you'll lose your progress. But I will be creating starting inventory, completed objectives, and weapons for each map when you start a new game so players can get a better starting point on any map you start from. If you want to start a new game without closing the game you can open the console (~ key) and type "call newgame" (no quotes) and the next map that loads it'll be a new game.

Is there any way to set the lives limit? or the game difficulty? or does that scale when I add more players?
For now, there's no real way to punish players for losing all their lives. Normally I'd change the map to the first map but it's currently not possible to change to a specific map though scripting, and I've asked the devs if they could get that in for the next update to the game. They said maybe. So I'm putting a lot of hope on that maybe for this mod. Difficulty currently doesn't scale yet, but it will in the future when I get to it. Right now the difficulty should be equivalent to Normal with more enemies in the early maps.

And here's some useful console commands (~) you can use that most people don't seem to know about:
"call stats" to see your current progress.
"call help" to see a full list of my special commands for making some crazy gameplay happen (change gravity, move speed, double jump, and dashes to name a few).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:57:47 PM by BehemothProgrammer »
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline dc.all

• Iguana
  • T:REP 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 01:56:22 AM »
Yeah, can't believe they skipped it. I guess they weren't familiar with T2 and the carrot of co-op being dangled infront of owners for years, even the box art and review copies had that broken co-op which we would of gladly had.
few years ago we actually got as far as primagen's lightship using the n64 co-op gameshark code and emulators.
we were determined lol.

I hope nightdive helps you out, they'll be selling more copies cause of your mod. I can guarantee it.

yeah n/p about the patreon, sorry it's such a stingy amount, hopefully you get more support from others. I'm sure many people will want the mod completed.

I found the call help command already, few interesting ones in there, that display damage is cool too.

So you say lives were disabled because you can't change level... but does that mean lives are actually functional apart from that? could a player be forced to spectate if they ran out of lives? perhaps just make it like 2 lives per stage.. if everyone dies, the host just manually restarts the map.

Best of luck! :yuush:

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 06:49:05 PM »
Thanks, yeah that sounds like a plan. I'll probably do that with the lives until I'm able to change the map. And I'll be putting the Life Force pickups back soon too. Just got to finish up the rest of the maps and bosses.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
Re: Coop Mod v0.61
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 02:05:37 AM »
Version 0.61 June 3, 2018
  • You can now jump on cover boxes.
  • Leap of Faith and Whispers Jump Pads regions are now blocked and require the necessary inventory item to be unblocked.
  • Enemies with the Respawn flag will respawn when the map begins
  • All maps with vis or rejects warnings no longer have those warnings.
  • Added more ai paths for some enemies.
  • Any object required to progress to the end of the level is now marked Important so people with the "Show Hints" option ON will see the exclamation icons.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
Re: Coop Mod v0.7
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 05:59:30 PM »
Lair of the Blind Ones is done! 2 more worlds to go!

I fixed many issues with the maps in Lair of the Blind Ones more than usual. The worst ones were the first 2 key rooms. If you run past the key and walked over the regions to open the door behind you nothing would happen since it's already open. Then you'd pick up the key and the door behind you would close. Kill all the enemies and the door in front of you will open where your suppose to walk over the regions that open the door behind you. But you already triggered those regions so nothing happens and the door behind you stays closed forever.

Version 0.7 June 7, 2018
  • All maps in Lair of the Blind Ones completed!
  • Life Forces are back and you can gain and lose lives, but nothing happens yet when you lose all lives. Type call stats in console to see your lives and life forces.
  • default radius of pickups is now smaller. Set to 40 which I believe is the same as SP.
  • Soul Gates will stop spawning particles when there are 6 or more deadman.
  • Fixed actionobjects from getting removedOnTick before SignalOn was getting called.
  • Fixed warp portals that enter closed areas from being visible before they are suppose to become visible when reloading the map.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 06:15:52 PM »
Great work. You should get alot more attention, honestly. People take great modders like you for granted. :(

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2018, 08:56:10 PM »
Thanks, Dinomite. I just want to let you and every other person who donated that I'll be including your names in the credits of this mod under supporters as a small sign of my appreciation for your support.

And also in the next update I'll be using the X-Ray effect on players so you can find other players that are nearby more easily since I know that's a common problem everyone is having. And of course you can turn it off at any time if you don't want it.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Offline ひまわりくん

• Raptor
  • T:REP 304
  • Gone but not dead
    • View Profile
    • Redbubble
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2018, 07:55:50 PM »
Good shit my man.

You rightfully deserve the title behemoth programmer.

I'm donating some green to your paypal.

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2018, 10:23:36 PM »
Wow thanks so much! You guys are great. I'm adding you to the credits too now. With this support from you guys I've really been going through the maps pretty fast now, already half way through the Hive. I'll probably finish it before the weekend and I didn't think I'd be able to finish it till much later. Thanks again!
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal