Author Topic: Turok Dinosaur Hunter Models  (Read 22495 times)

Offline helenchris0704

• Iguana
  • T:REP 75
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Dinosaur Hunter Models
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 04:37:33 PM »
Hey people! How a long time! I was asking the other day playing the original Turok and in the model gallery, I didnt saw the fish and I think there are fishes.
Any way to open the models of Turok DH?

The short answer is no. There is no way to open these models in the editor, but you can go to model view in the actor edit mode of the editor and look at all the models.
The not so short answer, is you can export the models through the command console in game as .obj files. These files can then be opened, viewed, and edited. Once saved, you then import them using the command console once more and they are in. However, there are files in the defs you may need to edit to position first person models correctly on screen and in my experience they may end up sideways or backwards in game and you can fix it by just rotating them in your image editing software (I use blender). As far as pickup models go, these are very easy to adjust size and proportion in the editor, so you will never need to import or export pickups multiple times. One last bit though: we do not have the proper tools to have full control over the game's animations yet. This means it will be impossible to import custom enemies unless they are completely motionless (they could still move, but will slide across the ground with no animation). This is because we cannot assign nodes to custom models due to a lack of proper tools and or knowledge (if you don't know what nodes are google it, it's simple to understand).

Offline helenchris0704

• Iguana
  • T:REP 75
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Dinosaur Hunter Models
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2017, 04:41:32 PM »
That creature I think is a large Iguana but I think it got cut out of the original game. I wonder if its still inside the game somehow though, that would be interesting!

It's possible, but very unlikely. I'll tell you what though, I will extensively look through the models and see if it is buried somewhere in there. If it's not I can try to pick apart some files in the PC version and see if the leftovers may be there. Other than that, N64 games were so compressed that devs couldn't afford to keep content in there like that. I mean to get a game like Turok down to 64 megabytes or lower is seriously impressive. A PS1 game disc has the capacity to hole 700 megs (over 10 times that of a 64 cartridge) and those games were pretty bad sometimes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal