Turok General > Info/Help

Is There an Official Wiki?

(1/2) > >>

Old One Eye:
I know there is the page over at Wikia but I couldn't find another one. 

Is the Wikia page considered the official Turok wiki or is there another I've missed on something like Mediawiki?

Just curious as I'm not a fan of Wikia and their philosophy/business model around wiki information ownership and content creator rights. :)

Dinomite:

--- Quote from: Old One Eye on March 21, 2017, 06:30:23 PM ---I know there is the page over at Wikia but I couldn't find another one. 

Is the Wikia page considered the official Turok wiki or is there another I've missed on something like Mediawiki?

Just curious as I'm not a fan of Wikia and their philosophy/business model around wiki information ownership and content creator rights. :)

--- End quote ---
There is no official wikia but the one that exists is REALLY good, the best one out there, especially for newcomers.

operative lm:
(A+ plug there, Dinomite)

I'm one of the administrators over on the Turok Wiki, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer! The wiki doesn't have as much information on it as I'd like, especially concerning the comics, but we only have a small handful of people who edit it regularly (myself included). It's a slow process. :P

Old One Eye:
Thanks for the replies. :)

I do have one question though.  I don't mean any offense (don't want to come across all high and mighty!) but is there a reason that you chose Wikia over a less commercial wiki solution?

operative lm:
I honestly have no idea! :V  I first joined up with the wiki a few years after it had been created. It would be a good question for the original admin staff, but they've pretty much all wandered off elsewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version