Author Topic: Hunting David Dienstbier/Turok team  (Read 18579 times)

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
Hunting David Dienstbier/Turok team
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:14:52 AM »
So me and Duke have been talking and it seems David is no where to be found :/ On his social media accounts he has not been active in years! I think if some of us work together on locating him we may find out just where he is. We are worried for him, sure he is just the developer and a guy we don't really know but he was obviously into Turok like we are. He didn't just want to make profit off of an already successful (comic) title. No there was blood, sweat, tears, and heart poured into these projects from him and his team. It is extremely obvious to the attention to details to make you feel like you were really Turok proves it. Would anyone like to help in the "Hunt For David" campaign? We are dinosaur hunters I think we can hunt him down my family. I just say hunt because it is a pun to Dinosaur Hunter ;) I hope he is okay its been years since he has came up anywhere.

Here are some ideas I had

*Lets get the names of the entire team staff (i mean everyone) who worked on the Turok games especially Turok 1 and 2. I say these two because at this point of time he was just getting started and I am sure he most likely had his closer friends on his team/staff. We can try and contact them and see if anyone anywhere knows where he is.

*Lets post on popular places that we are looking for him

*Make a linkedin account and try to contact him maybe if more then one of us do it he may check? Here is his page

*Make blog posts saying that you are looking for David

If you have any ideas that can help this campaign please comment below. There is nothing to lose.

Let the hunt begin

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:45:10 PM by Duke64 »
I AM ADON

Offline Spartan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 376
  • PARTRIDGE METAL
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting David Dienstbier/Turok team
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 04:46:27 PM »
I read a long time ago that David was a DJ. Also in a website saying thah he had weight problems. I dont know why he left the industry
WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 08:01:44 PM »
Could you private message me that website?

Offline Spartan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 376
  • PARTRIDGE METAL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 09:12:36 PM »
Sorry due,I read it long time ago like 2-3 years ago.
WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 08:35:29 PM »
Seems interesting.
Let me know if I can help somehow.
Well that didn't work

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 02:47:13 PM »
Ahhh, thanks guys yes Dinomite we need to check with Greg on his linkedin profile. This is quite interesting good job maybe he will be available for some questions or at least active. I am going to have to make a real linkedin I guess to try but I am pretty busy this week.

Also, the awe-inspiring thing only shows up when you hover above reputation I think its new and part of smf 2.0.10 But I am not sure guess we have to wait for Dukey to respond. I think it matters how many posts you make I suppose. Everyone has one it doesn't really matter as of now since the forum is so young and what not. It says I am working my way up lol.

OHHH Dukey where are youuu ? heheh
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 03:03:19 PM by Adon »
I AM ADON

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 08:33:40 PM »
Nice discovery there, I will check on his linkedin. Interesting stuff it sounds like :) cool idea Adon
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Froglegs

• Iguana
  • T:REP 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 09:43:06 PM »
I am unsure if any of you have found it yet, but here is David's Facebook page

If you look in his groups, he's part of the Acclaim revisted!! and Iguana Entertainment Alumini groups. Both groups were made for past employees of Acclaim and Iguana Entertainment. Just thought I would share this with fellow Turok fans. :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:42:34 PM by Duke64 »

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 02:25:35 AM »
We already knew about this but thanks for the contribution anyways! :) Btw, Great username.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 08:43:44 PM »
I am unsure if any of you have found it yet, but here is David's Facebook page:

If you look in his groups, he's part of the Acclaim revisted!! and Iguana Entertainment Alumini groups. Both groups were made for past employees of Acclaim and Iguana Entertainment. Just thought I would share this with fellow Turok fans. :)

Welcome Froglegs and thanks for sharing that. I did not know of the Reunion page on Facebook actually and that is pretty cool. Everyone don't try to join that Acclaim group though its strictly for people who worked at Acclaim/Iguana only.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:42:55 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal