Author Topic: Turok 2 TexturMod "Ultra64"  (Read 9879 times)

Offline wakey

• Iguana
  • T:REP 22
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 TexturMod "Ultra64"
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 04:43:48 PM »
I'm not any good at textures but if I were I would help. There was another person working on a texture mod named Dakuwan I would try reaching out to him. Or even Gael Romanet. Those two could probably help here. But I last checked they were doing there own things. Good luck :)

Yes, i would love to work together with Dakuwan. But i wasnt able to reach him yet (tried at Steam) :(
As for Gael Romanet i dont know, i mean his textures look great, but his donation appeal makes me a bit suspicious.
It is legit for his textures, but i dont like this for Ultra64, because it is a project made from heart and not for money.

Not sure of how much help this is going to be, but this guy is/was working on a texture pack for Turok 2 on Project 64.

I still have his first texture pack which only missed some enemies, maybe you can find him and help each other?
It is an idea, i will give it a try, thanks :)

Looks neat. I can't do much with textures so I can't help you with what you're missing, however, if it is possible to add normal maps, that would be great.
I havent found a way to add normal maps yet, but if there is one, i will add them!
Snake Plissken might know more about this though.

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 TexturMod "Ultra64"
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 05:36:00 PM »
Tried it out it really does improve the texture work alot lol. I really liked the poison water and the whole river of souls area the most. I think the brick texture used for Port of Adia should be a different texture though something without the white outline, it was the most annoying since no mipmaps of course. I somewhat mitigated the flickering by doing a batch operation which lowered the dimensions of the textures to a size no bigger than 512 for my 1080p display and it still looked great. Maybe making a 1080p version of the same textures would be good as well for those people. And you could just do what I did, it took about 10 mins for my photoshop to resize it all.

Great work! hope you can finish the rest with some help.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal