Author Topic: Why Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is my favorite Turok game  (Read 32702 times)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
Re: Why Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is my favorite Turok game
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »
It would surely excite me if Turok 3 would get a port maybe if Turok 1 and 2 do great it could become a consideration? Then it could continue to the next we got to support these games ladies and gents so buy 10 copies each of Turok when it comes out :)
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 08:50:10 PM »
If anything, i dont like Turok 2 too much in general. Worst turok next to turok 2008.

Some years ago i would had tought this was terribly wrong, but the more i played all 3 n64 games, the more T2 falls behind the other 2 games, besides graphics and creativity.

T3 actually had some cool things to it, like no look-spring in any form.

All the weapons were powerfull, minus the vampire gun. I really loved that i always had something to rely on, even if it was the melee weapons which was powerful enough.

The option to turn auto-aim on/off is what i would had wanted in t2. its a switch between the option to be able to shoot any limb at will, or only get torso shots for moderate damage (kinda).

Other than that the graphics were lazy (not bad, lazy. as in, sitcking a box with a lighting .gif on a shotgun and calling it the Shredder) and the stage were almost completely linear, yet hard. It was definitely much more easier to replay than t2 even with its setbacks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:52:32 PM by Mon-Ark »

Offline MaxMan

• Raptor
  • T:REP 166
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 11:33:52 AM »
It would be so cool if they did Turok 3 after Turok 2 because Turok 3 was a good game it just got overshadowed because they released it so late and the N64 was becoming old. So most gamers had moved on and this game didn't get all the players it should have got. It actually has some interesting stuff in this game. And if I remember correctly you have to collect pieces for the gun again like in Turok 1. Well maybe if 1 and 2 do good for them they can consider T3 :) I would like to play this with smooth mouse controls it would be awesome!

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2015, 11:42:56 AM »
Well in my case I never got T3 because T2 drove me away alittle from the series with its slower pace, not to mention I sucked at FPS as a kid.

And if I remember correctly you have to collect pieces for the gun again like in Turok 1

Yeah, The PSG. After the fiasco that was The Nuke in T2, this one was awesome.

I definitely agree, it would be awesome if T3 (and rage wars) got a remaster too.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2015, 10:29:58 PM »
All they would have to do is make the controls better, increase performance, and maybe include adjustable fov and bang the game could be better. Since Turok 3 and Rage Wars are only console it may be more work just to get them. Those two games may be more compatible to another because of that though. I would like to see Turok 3 also.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 09:17:28 AM »
Well, on an emulator you can make T3 and rage wars play as a modern fps after configuring controls a little.

Since Turok 3 and Rage Wars are only console it may be more work just to get them.

So far the only way known for extracting 3d models from n64 games is trough a plugin (nemmy's plugin). not that hard at all, but the extracted model needs some tweaking so it looks like in the game.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 02:40:35 AM »
Well, on an emulator you can make T3 and rage wars play as a modern fps after configuring controls a little.

Since Turok 3 and Rage Wars are only console it may be more work just to get them.

So far the only way known for extracting 3d models from n64 games is trough a plugin (nemmy's plugin). not that hard at all, but the extracted model needs some tweaking so it looks like in the game.
Maybe it mostly just depends on demand now huh? Also, how well T1 and T2 do could be the life line to more I suppose.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 03:46:51 PM »
T1 and T2 are the best but they should do a package game for T3 and Rage Wars. Make it a double pack for fans :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 05:53:41 PM »
Problem is that the game is only available on the n64. As far as i know you can rip 3D models, textures and probaly sounds&music too. However I do not know of any way to import animations.

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
Hope for remaster on PC.
Well that didn't work

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal