Author Topic: Turok 2 Remaster - our wishlist!  (Read 55204 times)

Offline jmmreview

• Iguana
  • T:REP 70
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 Remaster - our wishlist!
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 04:54:48 PM »

Spiderman glitch:
Watch please this viedo: https://youtu.be/UYb3qe804XU
I hope that this "spiderman glitch" will STAY in remastered multiplayer - it's like game mechanic! Please also add this "multi-air-jumping areas" to level editor. I can't imagine T2 Multi without this glitch! I hope movement will remain the same - air-jumps and "bunnyhoping" / bouncing off ramps (sloped terrains) - maybe soon I will create video also about this.

Hey I tried this jump in the single player (PC) but it didn't work. Maybe I am doing it wrong, I tried to jump when something was above me on a wall is that how you do it?

Offline kubpica

• Iguana
  • T:REP 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2016, 12:35:54 PM »

Spiderman glitch:
Watch please this viedo: https://youtu.be/UYb3qe804XU
I hope that this "spiderman glitch" will STAY in remastered multiplayer - it's like game mechanic! Please also add this "multi-air-jumping areas" to level editor. I can't imagine T2 Multi without this glitch! I hope movement will remain the same - air-jumps and "bunnyhoping" / bouncing off ramps (sloped terrains) - maybe soon I will create video also about this.

Hey I tried this jump in the single player (PC) but it didn't work. Maybe I am doing it wrong, I tried to jump when something was above me on a wall is that how you do it?

It works only in multiplayer. (The one shown in 1:22 second of video is possible in SP but it's much harder than in MP)

Offline jmmreview

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2016, 07:03:48 PM »
Oh okay thanks for clearing that up! I never played the multiplayer, my friends and I would be too busy playing GoldenEye and Perfect Dark!lol
Pretty cool trick though and I can see how the game wouldn't be the same without it. The layout of the levels almost look like they were built for it!

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2016, 05:25:20 PM »
I think everyone forgot that there is a ranking system in the 64's MP. That being said, I actually liked some of the 64's MP maps, those should be an addition to the T2 Remaster. I also agree with vis about the LAN, seeing as I play T2 MP with friends over LAN all the time.

But onto what I would really like to see:
The game running on a new engine, being actually remade rather than just a bunch of mods added to the game, which I could have done myself. Seriously, T2 is 18 years old, we ought to get something remotely new. That being said, the gameplay should still be the same. The AI could also be improved, though it was great, it was made to work on systems such as the N64 (Which had something like a 94 MHz CPU!) Many other things have already been said, such as MP Gore, more characters, SP guns and beta guns, etc.  I would also love a reorchestrated soundtrack and stage editor. A first person body would also be nice, players could also have dynamic footplanting and other fancy procedural things.
Well that didn't work

Offline jmmreview

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2016, 07:42:52 PM »

The game running on a new engine

I know your heart is in the right place, and I see what you are saying but in my experience it doesn't work. A friend of mine was making a Perfect Dark remake using the Unreal Engine, I tired the demo and the gameplay didn't feel "right".

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 04:39:34 PM »

The game running on a new engine, being actually remade rather than just a bunch of mods added to the game, which I could have done myself.

Hehe Turok is on Kaiser's engine. The Kex engine the goal was to make it run nearly identical to Turok as close as possible to the originals. The Kex engine started with Doom 64 Ex. https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/ But notice how ceiling sliding wasn't working at first in Turok remaster and an update put it in. Its because its not simply a port with mods. These things had to be remade to match. Not noticing the difference is probably a compliment to the dev. However its not mentioned very much, the history of Turok Ex that is. The difference would be that the game could be fully moddable.

This is from that Doom 64 ex page it say's this in the FAQ:

What is Kex Engine?

Kex is the codename for the engine that’s being used by Doom 64 EX. This is a heavily modified Doom engine which will eventually be used as a base to create original games and remakes of other classic console games that were never ported to the PC
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:49:30 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2016, 12:02:50 AM »
It would be cool to see Turok in a engine like Unity or UE but not for this. This is supposed to be true to the original one and reintroduced to the modern public. But like mosty made for long time fans. Great to see it back type of thing for us. Turok has been like a ghost to the general population nowadays before this stuff.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:05:11 AM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Drahsid

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 557
  • That I be considered worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2016, 01:12:48 AM »
It would be cool to see Turok in a engine like Unity or UE but not for this. This is supposed to be true to the original one and reintroduced to the modern public. But like mosty made for long time fans. Great to see it back type of thing for us. Turok has been like a ghost to the general population nowadays before this stuff.

The game running on a new engine

I know your heart is in the right place, and I see what you are saying but in my experience it doesn't work. A friend of mine was making a Perfect Dark remake using the Unreal Engine, I tired the demo and the gameplay didn't feel "right".

I find it interesting about how you guys think that the engine affects gameplay.
It's all the same thing, an API to run code with. It can feel the same, true to the original. It just has to be made correctly.
Well that didn't work

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 11:26:08 AM »
If they use an up to date engine like udk 4 or unity they could bump heads with Dreamworks I think. Maybe after these remasters of the originals they could try to do an official remake like they are doing with System Shock now.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Revenant32

• Raptor
  • T:REP 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2016, 01:30:49 PM »
I also hope that it imitates everything from the classic besides any game breaking bugs. Like a bug that maybe crashes game or makes things weird I think I remember there is a funny bug in this game that can mess it up. Am I wrong?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal