Author Topic: Make Turok Dinosaur Hunter Game Great Again  (Read 7813 times)

Offline Nfsfan83

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 707
    • View Profile
Make Turok Dinosaur Hunter Game Great Again
« on: October 11, 2018, 12:52:50 PM »
Guys, few times ago I begin topic called Turok Remake, and wrote about my ideas of new weapons, engine etc. But for last days I play Turok Remastered and I will be repeat it again, and again, it is so great game, first time when I played TDH Remasterd i didn't feel new version but since yesterday just love it, so kick ass and so arcade :) of course I must add my minigun sound:

but deserve for straight remake on new engine.

I want make my vision of what I will be change in new version, what weapons, or what style of levels or enemies. Give me a while I make pics of that. But meanwhile please what you will be want in remake :) what engine? more modern or more oldstyle

First thing is weapons, like many of you know I love iconic real guns from best action movies from 80's so is my choice of Turok weapons:

Left side:

1. Rambo 2 knife
2. Rambo 2 bow
3. Desert Eagle .50 AE
4. Sawed off shotgun
5. Remington870 Police Magnum
6. Spas 12
7. M1 Thompson with 100 round clip
8. M16A2 with M203 grenade launcher
9. M1918A2 BAR
10. Browning M1919A4

Right side:

10. M60
11. M134
12. MM1 Hawk
13. M202 Flash
14. M2 Flamethrower
15. Tesla Cannon - replace Particle Accelerator http://turok.wikia.com/wiki/Particle_Accelerator
16. Panzerfaust 3 with NUKE

Update: I add Browning M1919A4 to weapons list :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 01:24:41 PM by Nfsfan83 »

Offline Nfsfan83

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
Re: Make Turok Dinosaur Hunter Game Great Again
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 12:57:38 PM »
Ok, let's go further wit my ideas :) We have weapons list, but nice thing will be at begin choose engine. I wrote some time ago that I love Far Cry 1 with amazing jungle engine Cry Engine 1? if you don't remember YES I love this game and this engine. Best vegetation in games ever, also this is in Cryis 1 with Cry Engine 2. But for Turok DH Remake I thing engine need be more "unreal" :) yes Unreal Engine will be great.

Funny stuff, in past I hate, or more I can't feel games on Unreal Engine, until I played Unreal II: The Awakening and some time after I played Men Of Valor, also played Dead Mans Hand :D but U2 and MOV are best games used UE2.

Turok Dinosaur Hunter need engine with good vegetation and fantasy good designed levels.

Men Of Valor jungle:

Unreal 2 The Awakening:

You guys will be ask me why I choose UE2 or UE3 but not modern engines, my answer is simple - if you made on example UE4 or Cry Engine 5 game lost unique character of retro feeling NO HDR, BLOOM, BLUR etc :)

Some time ago I made for fun scene in UDK on UE3 (building models from TDH :)

&t=134s

And UE3 is last for me engine, which can be used for TDH Remake.

In next PART I wrote about LEVELS :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 01:22:20 PM by Nfsfan83 »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 04:29:56 PM »
Honestly I'd like to see Turok on Unity just because it's a very adaptable engine, but Unreal is okay too if you know how to use it better.

In my opinion, Turok 1 was all about grunge, bright lights, and asymmetric levels and clutter laying around the ground. It, like a lot of games back then, didn't hold your hand with quest markers, and traps and obstacles were brutal if you had no idea about them beforehand.

Imagine grainy military videos of the 80s and 90s. Internet was limited so people relied more on word of mouth rather than Google. Imagine a poacher with a big thick mustache and dogtags running up to Turok with a machete: Do you even see enemies like that in games anymore?!

We want to see the FPS platforming, we want to see the strange creatures, objects, weather, landscapes, and magic the lost land has.

I wish you luck!

Offline Nfsfan83

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 01:47:14 PM »
Ok, let's write few words about levels. First I write about levels what I have idea on it. I love games with action in jungle my top is Far Cry 1, Crysis, Men Of Valor and Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault.

In TDH levels, Jungle level always my favouorite so I begin from this level.

First thought I have when I hear "jungle level" or "action in jungle" is movie Predator 1987, mannish movie ever with few badasses with big muscles and big guns - Minigun rocks :)

And jungle in Predator movie is perfect what I need in TDH Jungle level:

Most important is vegetation - big trees, lot of different palms and shrubs, lianas and a lot of grass. Best game with that is Far Cry 1 and Crysis 1. Best inspiration is rainforest jungle in South America or Borneo.

My sample in UDK:

&t=18s

In jungle the terrain is not the same, so there must be open spaces and narrow canyons, rivers and waterfalls or rope bridges.

One nice idea is bridges on rocks, Soldier of Fortune Payback Mogaung Cliffs:

&t=6s

Next thing will be villages of forgotten tribes, maybe cannibals or pygmies. Dead_Island_Concept_Art Village:

This is at now my new quick changes about Level 2 Jungle.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:48:33 PM by Nfsfan83 »

Offline Nfsfan83

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 02:11:44 PM »
You Dinomite have absolutely right :D Turok 2008 is so boooring I instal, quick finish and quicker unistal :) on few days I continue my ideas about levels and enemies. This topic is more for fun, but If someone in the future will be want make nice remake maybe this topic help him :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:12:42 PM by Nfsfan83 »

Offline Nfsfan83

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 09:09:28 AM »
Turok character

Begin I write about Turok enemies, let's think what a great Turok would look like, for sure he is native American. I never read Turok comics so I think best way make perfect Turok look, is read many of Turok comics. For many years, the Turok image has changed, but let's focus on comics from the 90's.

One of my ideas how Turok can be look:

Predator 1987 - Sonny Landham 

Big tough motherfucker  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal