Author Topic: Turok Evolution Models  (Read 155764 times)

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
Turok Evolution Models
« on: May 29, 2015, 10:54:08 PM »
I haven't had much time to work on this tonight, but just using the already-converted files he provided, I come bearing gifts:

One Ankylosaurus render, which is what I did most of my practicing on, as Blender is a foreign creature to me.

And for the beta crowd, one large bat. It kinda looks... tasty? I dunno. Like somebody grilled it or something.

Tomorrow's not going to see anything done, probably, but I have all day Sunday (as far as I know) to mess around with this.

ADMIN EDIT: Stinkee 2's Turok Evolution Models Post(from this thread): http://www.turokforums.com/turok-evolution/turok-evlution-models-53/msg10388/#msg10388
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 06:10:19 PM by Duke64 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Turok Evlution Models
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 11:30:28 PM »
Man those are really nice, you do bear gifts indeed there. The Ankylosaurus he is going for my dinner tonight hehe Ankylosoup for me ::)

Nice job here everyone! Keep it up please do it is very interesting.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 01:18:41 PM »
At the very least, you've done a whole lot more than I could've done by myself.  :P  You do good work, sir.

I had a bit of time, so I looked through the models and picked one that I've been interested in. Per the walkthrough design doc, a rideable raptor was planned, and concept art exists in the game's Gallery feature. So here's the saddle that would have presumably gone on the regular raptor's model. I had to do a bit of Photoshopping to get the textures right, as the saddle and the flags have two separate texture files and I dunno how to get Blender to observe both of them on one model simultaneously.

Saddle 01
Saddle 02

That little dangly crescent-shaped thing in the second pic is supposed to be a feather, but no texture exists for it so it uses the yellow flag's texture.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 08:53:31 PM »
All those are cool nice job in this thread. Yeah sure looks like teamwork :) So may I ask could Talsets model, hands,  and weapons be exported and put into an engine for use say maybe unreal engine 3 or 4 ? I ask because Duke has made a map on UE3 before and what if you could play as Talset and maybe some Turok dinos creatures to. I apologize im not that smart when it comes to all of this. Just a thought
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:54:09 PM by Rok »
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 10:59:08 PM »

One last one for tonight, the Dire Wolf.

Dire Wolf 01
Dire Wolf 02

If anybody misses a render at any point, I'm placing them in a gallery as I upload them, just to keep them all in one place. Link is here.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 08:50:02 AM by Dinomite »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 01:35:09 AM »

Dire Wolf 01
Dire Wolf 02

Those are great! that wolf is really good and its cool we get something to see like this one thing about Evolution it has plenty mysteries thanks very much for sharing to.   ::)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 08:50:12 AM by Dinomite »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 05:44:31 PM »
I figured I'd write up a small thing showing one of the hurdles I've been jumping to get nice images for you guys.

This is the Sleg Raptor Handler. They appear in two, maybe three, areas in the entire game. As you can see, he's untextured. Let's fix that.

Oh god. This is a travesty.

Well, he has two of them. What about his other texture?

ugghgh

So yeah, this is what happens when a model has multiple texture sheets. For whatever reason, maybe engine limitations, the entirety of the model was unwrapped onto multiple texture sheets, meaning that some textures work on some parts of the model and other textures work on other parts but never all at the same time. I'm assuming the engine would've been able to read something in the .atf file that tells it what texture to use for what portions of the model. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get Blender to do the same. Thus, I'm forced to take the images above...

...and Photoshop them together for your viewing pleasure.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 06:23:09 PM »
That is pretty amazing dude very impressive. What a teaser I want to shoot him up in game. You are pretty good at this stuff that sounds like a hassle and quite a bit of work to do on each one. But we assure you its worth it. Thanks :D
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 09:54:53 PM »
You're welcome! I come bearing more nightmare fuel.

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 12:55:53 AM »
It's time to harvest the fruits of today's labor. It's mostly things that actually made it into the game, but you can blame the file names for that, as I'm now just going down the list.

I've already posted the Sleg Raptor Handler. Here he is again for good measure.

Here's what's referred to as a ball turret. I think these are one of the turrets that shoot you during the flight chapters, but I've never bothered to fly close enough to one to see what they look like. :P

This model's labeled Dying Civilian. It's actually used for the fourth senator in Chapter 10. This is interesting, as they did make an actual fourth senator model which we'll see in a bit.

This model is labeled Prisoner. They're seen in Chapter 4 both in the last level's introductory cutscene and further into that same level, where the player has the option of releasing them or not. I can't remember if they also appear in the Rescue the Wise Father mission or if those are just River Village Soldiers.

Here's a nice view of the Quetzalcoatlus. I deliberately chose the version that doesn't have Tal'Set on it because mounted!Tal'Set's textures don't play very nicely. I spent a good length of time on this one. Remember how the Raptor Handler had two textures? This one had four. It got fairly confusing. There's also a separate model for the perched Quetzalcoatlus at the end of Chapter 1.

This one's the River Village Prisoner. Maybe this is the one in the Rescue the Wise Father mission. I dunno.

This is the River Village Soldier. One of these guys died at the start of Chapter 3. And at the beginning of Hunter's Peril. Dyin' all over the place.

Ah, here we get to the senators. Senators 1, 3, and 4 are what we see in-game. Senator 2 is the oddball, deposed by a random dying civilian.

Senator 1
Senator 2
Senator 3
Senator 4

Something that I've noticed is that their faces don't mesh with their heads properly. It doesn't do this in-game, so there must be something up. Also, Senator 3 does not have an eye patch; it's just weird shadows in Blender that I couldn't make go away no matter how I rotated the guy.

Here's the Wise Father. I keep forgetting that he's wearing glasses.

Now we get to some Sleg troops. Here's the Sleg Rapier, which comes in vanilla and Minigun varieties.

And the Sleg Monk, in both regular and what's called "Turbo" flavors.

And also the Sleg Guard. There's the Rocket version, the Minigun version, and the Shotgun version.

But there's also this extra one, and I have no idea what's up with it. This variant is given the label "Uber," and it sort of looks like Tyrannus wanted to make his very own Darth Vader. There's a file for a flamethrower variation, so maybe this was it. Seems a little overkill for fire protection, considering the Sleg Sergeant appears to be wearing considerably less.

And lastly, there's this unused variant of Sleg Soldier that would've wielded a crossbow. He's not wearing his helmet because it's a separate model (and an .mtf file at that).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal