Author Topic: What are your thoughts on the Villians?  (Read 21786 times)

Offline Cyriu

• Iguana
  • T:REP 86
    • View Profile
Re: What are your thoughts on the Villians?
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 01:39:38 AM »
Hello everyone. I am new to the forums and glad that I found a community of Turok fans.

As for my opinions...

The Campaigner: This guy is just badass; a tyrannical cyborg warlord who leads a huge army of bionic dinosaurs, aliens, combat robots, demonic tribes men, and mutant green gorillas, and greets the player with one of the most awesome villainous laughs ever put in a videogame. He is a Turok classic in my eye.

Thunder: Essentially what would happen if InGen and Skynet forged a unholy alliance. One of my favorite Turok boss fights, despite it being a little easy.

The Primagen: Another excellent villain and definitely the deepest one in terms of 'reasons'. I love the design; a tall, lanky, and intimidating alien with bat wings and wielding strange telekinetic-like powers. I really like how the Primagen gives the aura of being part of a "superior" or god-like race from ancient times. The fight was also pretty damn great.

Oblivion: My favorite villain of the Turok games. I love how Oblivion gives that Lovecraftian vibe of it being a interdimensional god which in appearance is nothing short of a abomination. I just love it's design, so badass and creepy at the same time. Such a shame that the fight is pretty easy and short.

Bruckner: The problem I have with him is that he is not developed much; you just see him in the beginning, then you hear some rumors, then you see him again after finishing chapter 4, then you hear some more rumors about him, and then you fight him while he is riding a T-rex. There just not much to him but at least you fight a T-rex armed with firepower at the end.

Tyrannus: It's such a shame that Turok Evolution 2 was never made, because I wanted to see more of this guy and his army. The Slegs are such a great concept in terms of a villainous organization for a Turok game, a collective of different lizard and saurian species united under the banner of a Tyrannical anthropomorphic T-rex, who wields unknown powers and wants to kill all humans. Such potential that was never realized.

Kane: He is all right. The relationship that he and Turok have is a interesting one, and I particularly liked their conversation at the end where Kane identifies himself as a soldier and Turok identifies himself as a warrior. But he is also pretty forgettable really.

Mama Scarface: One of the best Turok villains, as well as having a pretty awesome boss fights and a very well made buildup throughout the whole game. This is one of the very few things that Turok (2008) did right.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:22:58 AM by Cyriu »

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »
Those are good descriptions and thoughts on the villians there
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:32:32 AM by Adon »
I AM ADON

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 12:56:33 AM »
The Campaigner: The diabolical evil laughing cyborg villain who has an amplifying weapon (obviously for the Chronoscepter) pointed towards the sky like a true evil mastermind! xD Reading the story about him gives me more of an idea of who he was and what he wanted.

Thunder: Because he's The Campaigner's pet Tyrannosaurus Rex with a Stegosaurus tail, eye lasers and dragon's breath.

The Longhunter: It's interesting to know why he's aligned with The Campaigner. Obviously, The Campaigner could give him what he wanted in exchange. You'd wonder if The Campaigner was using him like the Primagen did with the Purr-Linn, by plotting to end them once their service was no longer useful. Then, Longhunter may have already been apart of Campaigner's army. To me, Longhunter seems more like a hired hand.

The Primagen: His story is also one of the most interesting. I remember reading that his ship entering some netherscape and created The Lost Land, right?

Oblivion: Until I played T3, I wasn't aware that all those evil voices were just his. I always thought it was random Flesh Eaters talking. I was a little disappointed at the boss battle, but he was still an interesting character. I liked the mystery that surrounded him and his ilk in SoE.

-

These are pretty much some of the only ones I know so far. I haven't played the other games. I'd like to play Evolution.

Offline Komenja

• Iguana
  • T:REP 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 05:16:14 PM »
The Longhunter: It's interesting to know why he's aligned with The Campaigner. Obviously, The Campaigner could give him what he wanted in exchange. You'd wonder if The Campaigner was using him like the Primagen did with the Purr-Linn, by plotting to end them once their service was no longer useful. Then, Longhunter may have already been apart of Campaigner's army. To me, Longhunter seems more like a hired hand.

Longhunter (Israel Crockett), like Campaigner, was another villian from the Valiant comics. They never worked together (hell, Longhunter didn't even get to Lost Land until after Campaigner was defeated). Longhunter had the most appearances out of Turok's rogues gallery, pretty much taking the role of Turok's nemesis.

In the game, there probably isn't really any reason why Longhunter serves Campaigner; like the Bionosaurs he's just another cool character adapted from the comics. Though if you want to head-canon it, you could say this version of Longhunter and Tal'set share the same relationship as their Valiant comic counterparts, and Longhunter took the job just for a chance to kill the Turok.
"I am Turok, Son of Stone! Turok of the Kiowa-Apache! Turok, the Hunter! I won't forget these things, nor will I forget how to use my weapons: my bow... my brain... my knife! However, I'm no fool. I'll keep the gun, too."
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #0, 1995

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2015, 12:48:44 PM »
Its weird that in the comics, the campaigner wasnt nearly as epic as what you find ingame. He doesnt even reapper as far as i know.

I was surprised Mon-Ark was the most recurring villian of the Valiant series, yet ingame is nothing more than a generic enemy.

The primagen has that baby E.T. face which doesnt strike me as menacing, tough i sure love seeing the bad ending where he loses half of his head (yet the legit ending is so goddam tame)

Offline Komenja

• Iguana
  • T:REP 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 02:02:16 AM »
Its weird that in the comics, the campaigner wasnt nearly as epic as what you find ingame. He doesnt even reapper as far as i know.

VH1 Campaigner is pretty badass, actually. He beats the crap out of Turok, who probably would've lost the fight without Seer cheapshotting the Campaigner from behind with magic. He shows up later in Dinosaur Hunter #36, as part of a nightmare where Turok is assaulted by all of his villains one by one.

I was surprised Mon-Ark was the most recurring villain of the Valiant series, yet ingame is nothing more than a generic enemy.

He's not in the game unfortunately, those are just generic unnamed Bionosaurs. But there's an idea for a mod: Mon-Ark bossfight!

Most recurring villain award goes to Longhunter.
"I am Turok, Son of Stone! Turok of the Kiowa-Apache! Turok, the Hunter! I won't forget these things, nor will I forget how to use my weapons: my bow... my brain... my knife! However, I'm no fool. I'll keep the gun, too."
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #0, 1995

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 02:20:13 PM »
Yeah, in the comic campy was good, but I wish there was more of him going cyborg and turok using the chronosceptor on him. There seems to be a comic where that happens but I cant find it.

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
But there's an idea for a mod: Mon-Ark bossfight!

That would just be completely bad ass. But would take several different angles of modding including the model itself. And someone could just use the Dimetrodon's or Trex Bosses skin textures so it can match the game. But that would be really cool new enemies that are more defined from the comics.
I AM ADON

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal