Author Topic: Blood: One Unit Whole Blood & Blood 2  (Read 123952 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Blood: One Unit Whole Blood & Blood 2
« on: July 31, 2017, 01:49:54 AM »

Another one of my favorite games ever and wanted to post about it as I've done with the other great games. Blood is a classic from 1997 that's made on the Build engine (like Duke Nukem 3D) And goes in my top 5 games personally. Its atmosphere is cultist, gothic, and dark and you play as Caleb. Its one of the most respected classic FPS games. I love this game because it has that classic level design and great progression. While secrets award you ahead of time with pick ups. The mp (imo) is one of the most fun mp games there is. Whether playing co op or dm. This is my kind of game!

Anyways, I played today on the original dosbox version again and I beat episode 1. Check this post out for a ton of photos of the first episode.  https://duke64nukem.com/2017/07/30/blood-one-unit-hole-blood-the-way-of-all-flesh/

Blood One Unit Whole Blood on GoG: https://www.gog.com/game/one_unit_whole_blood
Blood 2 The CHosen on GoG: https://www.gog.com/game/blood_2_the_chosen_expansion

If you want to check out some user maps and user mods for this games just go here and look under "downloads" http://blood.freeminded.de/#

There is a port being worked on by M210 a buddy of mine who has worked with Blood for a long time. His project is called BloodGDX. Go here to find out more about that: http://m210.duke4.net/index.php/files/viewdownload/9-java/50-bloodgdx

I also noticed Kaiser shared this on his twitter before: https://puu.sh/wLppI/1ad307aef8.mp4

Here is some screenshots in game on the orginal Dosbox version: Its from my gameplay today.

I made this post for everything related to Blood.

Blood 2 is nice to me no its not as good as the first one but its still a good game. I will be playing that one next again.

Here is some scans of Blood of mine:
https://duke64nukem.com/2016/10/25/blood-scans/
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
Re: Blood: One Unit Whole Blood & Blood 2
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:25:18 AM »
I really like Blood also, man I remember Ten, Dwango, and Kali those were the days :)

And if anyone is interested let me or 64 know if you want to join the discord for Blood. There's a nice little group of people there. Damn your screens shots make me want to go and play :) Just might do it today. BloodGDX is pretty darn good too I played the first few levels on it. Wow when did Kaiser share that post I didn't see it at all and looks great.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:27:23 PM »
Blood is a bad ass game I also like #2 The Chosen not bad to me I like it. Yeah Caleb was designed good in Blood 2. I tried BloodGDX really cool to see that. Is Blood EX really a thing too?

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 12:54:06 AM »
Blood is a bad ass game I also like #2 The Chosen not bad to me I like it. Yeah Caleb was designed good in Blood 2. I tried BloodGDX really cool to see that. Is Blood EX really a thing too?

Kaiser shared it on his twitter so I imagine it being something :)

Well here is an older video of Blood of mine.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
Its been an awful long time since I have played on Meltdown :o I really like how the weapons are on Kaisers post looks like a Turok weapon switch :D

Offline Revenant32

• Raptor
  • T:REP 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 01:57:18 PM »
I really like how the weapons are on Kaisers post looks like a Turok weapon switch :D

Yes the weapon wheel in Blood? You know I always thought changing weapons on Blood was a hassle for me. Not only that but it looks like it runs extremely smooth like Doom 64 EX. Blood EX would be awesome if Kaiser happens to check on this. Man I can't wait great freaking job.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 02:01:15 PM »
Yes the weapon wheel in Blood? You know I always thought changing weapons on Blood was a hassle for me. Not only that but it looks like it runs extremely smooth like Doom 64 EX. Blood EX would be awesome if Kaiser happens to check on this. Man I can't wait great freaking job.

I hope that it comes with mp and mapedit because the map edit on dosbox is a hassle using imo. I can't get the thing to launch yet :( I don't feel like dealing with dos commands. And BloodGDX doesn't have an editor. I haven't ever touched the Blood editor "MAPEDIT.EXE" but I can tell you its not easy to just launch the thing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:08:59 PM by Jay Doomed »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 05:32:22 PM »
To launch the Blood editor is not that tough drag and drop the MAPEDIT.EXE on the DOSBoX.exe I have been messing a bit with the editor I will have at least one map :)

But I will say its definitely a bit old school not all updated like Doombuilder. But the Blood version of build has good features. I'm certainly not a pro at the blood editor yet, I have hardly used it even though it was always a plan somewhere(Shadow Warrior you too). But its very similar to what I am good at using which is Duke 3D. The engine its very very similar but still has some big differences.

If anyone needs help with mapping on Blood just go to Nyyss0nen's videos here:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:57:28 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 12:48:18 AM »
I started on a Blood map today with some motivation from Doomed. Its only the start of the map as I spent lot of time reading hotkeys and setting up test play and gathering some tools. I will share links to the tools I use soon :) Make a Blood map was always one of my goals. So here we go.

Map no name yet

Going to feature some indoor and outdoors the layout is not done either hopeful to make big progress on this by Friday :)

Its basically nothing yet, I like to build the layout first and come back with layers of details and set areas that make them bolder later on though.

Very primitive interface but advanced features for the time.

Primitive tool for a primitive style guy xD But yeah exactly right there.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:59:09 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 11:34:52 AM »
Can't wait to see the map good luck. I know it will be nice. Cool of you using the Blood editor.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal