Author Topic: Turok Vanilla Textures Research  (Read 9902 times)

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Vanilla Textures Research
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 01:19:49 AM »
It looks like the Muan but rotated??

I'm doubtful anything has been rotated because the correctly placed numbers and the fact that most of the faces turned left like in the texture, but it's one possibility to look at if we cannot see any correlation with the normal glyphs. I looked for matching dates of Muan and Manik recently, and failed to find any (because of my limited understanding of how the calendar works), I want to remain open minded to the possibility that Manik is not the correct glyph as well, so I'll continue combinations.

Quite interesting. The mix looks great.

Thank you. I'm going to try to see if murals have a real life match, if not i can blend in homemade textures. Also doing catacomb bricks as well, so catacombs are going to be mostly good.

Another mural, this one isn't too much of a match as the last one, but it's passible

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:43:41 AM by Badger »

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 02:38:58 AM »
Ye man, story goes he was one of the campaigner's henchmen, that's why he's depicted in this mural because he survived the events of Turok 1 (mostly by hiding from Tal' Set).

He's less known for inventing Zippo lighters. You can find these shitty lighters around Skydawn.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 11:59:35 AM »
Wow that latest one is really gorgeous though seriously looks great!

:D Funny stories of zippy xD
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 12:54:12 PM »
Sorry for this project being on hiatus lol

Okay, interesting discovery today, went on wikipedia to look up Mayan stuff because I was bored, particularly this page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_script
I scroll to the bottom and find this picture:

You can see it at the very top of it, unmistakably similar to the glyph I was trying to decipher last year (yes, I burned it into my mind :P)!
Alright, so here's the story, the glyph is part of an inscription to commemorate the reign of king Itzamnaaj K'awil. Very incredible and wished to learn more about it. Let's hit up the Harvard website and see what they know about Stela 10 (name of the stone the glyphs are on
https://www.peabody.harvard.edu/cmhi/detail.php?num=10&site=Naranjo&type=Stela
You get more detailed information about the stone and what it's about. You also get a cool flash thing that lets you compare the picture and drawing of the rock, both of which are in better quality for some reason, so I reconstructed it for this thread.

That's more clearer than the original, let's see what the drawing is like.

Very unfortunate, the glyphs were apparently eroded enough that perhaps my previous conclusions about them were wrong.

What do you guys think? Some parts don't seem to match up, but reflecting on the past source images found, and the fact that these glyphs are indeed eroded, I wouldn't put it past the artist tracing this to make a slight deviation or two.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:56:46 PM by Badger »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal