Author Topic: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter on Xbox One  (Read 8725 times)

Offline Raptor Pancake

• Iguana
  • T:REP 26
  • Blarg Blarg, Wort Wort
    • View Profile
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter on Xbox One
« on: March 02, 2018, 09:44:36 AM »
Hey people. Dinosaur Hunter is being re-released today to Xbox One, "restored and enhanced with a new visual engine and exciting new features to sink your teeth into"! But its £16.00 or $20.00 or 20 Euros, which seems a bit overpriced. I'm new as heck to this franchise, so I don't know what to think about this port. What do y'all think?

(this is my first post, please don't eat me!)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:49:03 AM by Raptor Pancake »

Offline Deathsphere

• Raptor
  • T:REP 297
    • View Profile
Re: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter on Xbox One
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:18:03 AM »
Well most of us are not new to this series and we mostly just adore the fact that Turok is back. Since some short time ago Turok was kind of lost. I would say its a good price because this game is really old and has never had a port so its unique and it runs great both Turok 1 and 2. But welcome to the forum its really up to you if you want to get them.

:treasure:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:22:34 AM by Deathsphere »

Offline Raptor Pancake

• Iguana
  • Blarg Blarg, Wort Wort
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:32:46 AM »
Fair points, it does look good as heck. I didn't realise Turok 2 is out for Xbox too, that's amazing! Thanks for the welcome!

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 11:01:10 AM »
I kind of want to get an Xbox just to get Turok there but that's tough because its the only reason I want an Xbox and I'm thinking about getting Nintendo Switch actually. But I'm really glad to see them on Xbox! I hope they can release on PS4 for the Playstation players and Switch. Really want Turok to go back on Nintendo.

Or maybe someone can hack the remasters on to it xD

:raptoid:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:58:32 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline The GFPes

• Iguana
  • Here to keep Sleg raptor handlers from extinction!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 11:45:51 AM »
I personally think it’s a great idea to port these games to console as it may revive interest in the Turok series. Granted as many  said, I wish they would port it to more than just the xbone, but still I’m excited to see what happens to the series from this point on.
Sleg raptor handlers get no respect. Which is very sad.

Offline Son of Stone

• Raptor
  • T:REP 430
  • Keeping TUROK's memories alive!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/labi4sparta
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 12:00:17 AM »

Hi, all you dino Hunters! :campaigner:
Just been busy lately. Been on the PS4 and with kids holidays.I was going to post this one on the Turok forum, but got side tracked.Really enjoying Turok 1 and 2 on the Xbox one. Brought me back to the good old days.I do not understand a lot of people crying about the $20 each game? Come on Nightdive put a lot time, hard work and mix it up a bit on these, which I am happy to have them on XB1. Good Hunting!
Keeping TUROK's memories alive!

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 01:25:18 AM »
Nice video and music choice looks like fun, nice to see you. Yeah I say the price is fine especially when a sale comes. Oh well not everyone agrees with the price but its not like there's an over saturated amount of ports available for Turok. Its the only one in 20 years for T1 and T2. People they complain about companies releasing untouched games as is, with no modernization/editor tools. But then also complain about the price it takes to give something other than releasing as is. Its really up to the consumer because maybe not everyone is into Turok as much as the next.
:raptoid: :raptoid: :raptoid: :raptoid:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:28:13 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal