Author Topic: Turok Comics  (Read 61884 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Re: Turok Comics
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2015, 10:24:17 PM »
There's this one currently up for bid. If you want it just for reading, it seems to be in pretty decent condition, despite the seller's deprecations. :P
Thanks man I couldn't even find it either I might have to grab that one!

Here is another one of my comics for you to see :) I really like this cover art though.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Adon

• Protector
  • T:REP 910
  • Mystical
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 09:26:58 AM »
There's this one currently up for bid. If you want it just for reading, it seems to be in pretty decent condition, despite the seller's deprecations. :P

Thanks! yes I just want for reading it looks in okay condition to me to :)

Here is another one of my comics for you to see :) I really like this cover art though.

That is a really cool cover right there. Turok is the man he is saving the chick holding is bow at the same time about to fight a Trex. I don't think I have seen that comic before though.
I AM ADON

Offline The_EyeofTurok

• Iguana
  • T:REP 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 02:25:11 PM »
That is an interesting cover indeed love the Rex. Anybody notice the girl falling down? xD
They are watching

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 09:07:22 PM »
Lol I see her kind of in the background oops. Looks like a few of them couldn't hang on but not Turoks girl he saves the day :)
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2015, 11:16:41 AM »

How many comics do you think you have and do you have any doubles? heheh

This is a great cover damn that girl he is saving is hot. Also, yes I see the girl falling by the PG symbol xD I don't think she is coming back from that one.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Komenja

• Iguana
  • T:REP 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2015, 09:13:59 PM »

Man, #31 - 33 was a weird arc. Pretty much all of Dinosaur Hunter's stories had their share of crazy fun (Chichak and Ripsaw using Triceratops to harvest Marijuana, Captain Red and his crew's antics, Turok going undercover as a fake miracle-cure peddler to track down a chinese druglord who owns a Bionosaur) but after issue #27 things just got strange. I think at this point Truman just wanted to see how much crazy shit he could put in the comics before anyone got a leash on him.

The absolute most ridiculous arc in my opinion is still when Turok, Andy and Regan are captured by a tribe of Nazi Women who plan on putting Hitler's brain in Elvis's frozen body. Oh, and Bigfoot was working for the Nazis.

I've got a few extra copies lying around if you want 'em, dude.  :) # 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, and 28.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:23:43 PM by Komenja »
"I am Turok, Son of Stone! Turok of the Kiowa-Apache! Turok, the Hunter! I won't forget these things, nor will I forget how to use my weapons: my bow... my brain... my knife! However, I'm no fool. I'll keep the gun, too."
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #0, 1995

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2015, 10:01:31 PM »
Well, #27 was just after Birthquake, and I'm pretty sure most Valiant titles went a little off the deep end after it ended. :P

Offline Ninten46

• Iguana
  • T:REP 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 12:59:16 PM »
I remember reading the comics a lot when I was younger, I was a 90's kid so Valiant/Acclaim is the comic versions I grew up on regarding Turok. Is there a collected edition of these comics?  ???

Offline operative lm

• Raptor
  • T:REP 372
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 08:31:01 PM »
Unfortunately, no. There was an advertised TPB scheduled for February '98, but it was pushed back to that September before it was finally canceled. It would have included the first two monthlies and the comic found in Dinosaur Hunter's manual.

EDIT: To clarify, that's for the Acclaim run. Valiant's series didn't even get an only-advertised collection. :P
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 08:32:57 PM by operative lm »

Offline turokJoe

• Raptor
  • T:REP 481
  • in search of a nice apartment in the lost land
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2016, 12:34:56 PM »

Man, #31 - 33 was a weird arc. Pretty much all of Dinosaur Hunter's stories had their share of crazy fun (Chichak and Ripsaw using Triceratops to harvest Marijuana, Captain Red and his crew's antics, Turok going undercover as a fake miracle-cure peddler to track down a chinese druglord who owns a Bionosaur) but after issue #27 things just got strange. I think at this point Truman just wanted to see how much crazy shit he could put in the comics before anyone got a leash on him.

The absolute most ridiculous arc in my opinion is still when Turok, Andy and Regan are captured by a tribe of Nazi Women who plan on putting Hitler's brain in Elvis's frozen body. Oh, and Bigfoot was working for the Nazis.

I've got a few extra copies lying around if you want 'em, dude.  :) # 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, and 28.
I got atleast one extra issue of 47 the last issue if anyone needs it. 15.00 I live in Canada so probably 10 bucks for shipping.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 10:52:09 AM by Dinomite »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal