Author Topic: Character Designs (feedback requested)  (Read 6584 times)

Offline Marscaleb

• Iguana
  • T:REP 35
    • View Profile
    • My game dev
Character Designs (feedback requested)
« on: October 21, 2019, 10:53:40 PM »
Hello folks, I was hoping I could get some feedback on some character designs I've been working on for a game I'm making.
This is for a 2D platformer with a cartoony design.  I'm making three playable characters.

I'm looking for any feedback at all on these designs; let me know what you think.  Be honest; you don't need to sugar-coat anything.
Also I have a couple different versions I've sketched out and I'd like to see which ones people like the best, and I've created a poll for them.  But feel free to give a reply on what you do/don't like on any of them.

One of the designs I'm implementing is that when the player has one hit left, part of their attire get blown off.  (Like in Ghosts n' goblins, when you lose your armor.)  The design on the far left is the one that represents this "no armor" state.

First of all, this is the mage.  I'm pretty satisfied with his design so I never created different variations.  But I'm still interested in feedback about his design if you have anything you want to say.

Next up is the reaper.  I was originally planning for her armored version to just be a generic cloak, but I've been thinking lately that I should have something more distinct; something more unique.  So I drew some different sketches of some different ideas, and I'd really like to know which of these people like.  (You can vote for multiple choices in the poll.)

And finally, the ranger.  I just have a couple different variations on her outfit.  With and without a pauldron, and a shoulder cape.

And for context, here's a sample scene with some slightly older versions of these characters if you want to see what kind of visual environment they are designed for: https://imgur.com/cZ4oR6L
Let me know what you think!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal