Author Topic: Turok 2 EX Turok 2 remaster 2017  (Read 296134 times)

Offline Oblivion165

• Iguana
  • T:REP 12
    • View Profile
Re: T2 EX
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 09:29:27 AM »
Don't forget that Turok 2's multiplayer ran on Gamespy and that service is no longer around. I'm sure there is some third party that made a compatible service but I'm not sure they would use it.

Offline DarkShadowRage

• Iguana
  • T:REP 232
  • Let's do this
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 02:59:06 PM »
Don't forget that Turok 2's multiplayer ran on Gamespy and that service is no longer around. I'm sure there is some third party that made a compatible service but I'm not sure they would use it.

Steamworks
I'm a gamer and a Youtuber, come check me out if you're Interested. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkShadowRage2

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 05:01:32 PM »
Dude people still play turok 2 mp without gamespy.

Offline vis

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 853
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 05:28:59 PM »

Hi, welcome on forum : )

If I may, I playing Turok 2 Mp, to this very day. if you wondering, most of credits going to five people who make perfect emulation of old game spy. Look here: http://www.qtracker.com/master-gamespy.php So on end of day, only IP that gspylite searching is changed, so with small effort, all stays same for us, users, retro gamers.  : ) I honest hope that steam, gog and 3th place version will have same MP, so player base is one, not splitting there, please! Would be very bad that steam have own MP mod, and gog none. Solution is to use established system: qtracker server is free and stable over 2 year now, for emulation of original game spy. If they (team) can improve MP, then it would be adding protection, like kicker or tool to remove/ban bad people try game client exe, try command console. Nothing more, nothing less to fix there. Have nice day, guys.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:31:04 PM by vis »
(GoT) vis *RS*
 :nuke:

Offline vis

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 853
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 12:02:47 PM »

Hi, welcome on forum : )

If I may, I playing Turok 2 Mp, to this very day. if you wondering, most of credits going to five people who make perfect emulation of old game spy. Look here: http://www.qtracker.com/master-gamespy.php So on end of day, only IP that gspylite searching is changed, so with small effort, all stays same for us, users, retro gamers.  : ) I honest hope that steam, gog and 3th place version will have same MP, so player base is one, not splitting there, please! Would be very bad that steam have own MP mod, and gog none. Solution is to use established system: qtracker server is free and stable over 2 year now, for emulation of original game spy. If they (team) can improve MP, then it would be adding protection, like kicker or tool to remove/ban bad people try game client exe, try command console. Nothing more, nothing less to fix there. Have nice day, guys.
You dont need any emulation of gamespy for this to work. You just change the master server and kaboom. Changing some configuration is not in any way emulation.

We talk about 2 dif subject now. Remaking (but this is remastering here, so why invent something new, instead using what is established, and on that way save time and give game sooner , to players?!) of MP system is up to dev. to do, if they see purpose, but then it is something else (could be bad and good, like I said if they split player base with that new MP system). I just stated about current system of server-client. And there is emulation, because server query's must be processed by outside server, of course, and if you read that info  from qtracker link, how they got all important data from original game spy supervisors, will be clear what type of emulation it is, to. Hard work is done there! Tnx Ron M. once more, for keeping T2 MP alive! : )
(GoT) vis *RS*
 :nuke:

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 08:55:33 PM »

In generall, I feel like T2 is kind of a mess in many areas.

-The most extreme limb damage: 1 shot to the head or 15 on arms/legs. doesnt help that enemies flail their arms as if they are having seizures. Nothing more dissapointing than using the scorpion launcher on a jobber dinosoid and seeing it survive because the rocket touched the legs, or a cerebral bore hitting the arms.
This also screws tek arrows all over, making enemies somehow able to outrun the arrow's explosion without a scratch.

I also feel that the limb damage takes aways some of the usefulness of weapons. Why use the firestorm cannon on a tough enemy when one well placed pistol bullet to the head does an instant kill? I feel there should be a middle ground to this, or an option to have global body damage like the first game.

-Low ammo: on most weapons, you carry half the amount of ammo you used to in T1, which brings to the next problem.

-No backpack

-Ammo farming: drag down the pace alot of the time on these places where items keep respawning. Wouldnt be such a problem if you could carry more ammo with yourself.

-too many gimmick weapons: sunfire pod, pfm launcher, charge dart+tranq gun

-the talon: remember the knife in t1? well the talon is the opposite as it is both slow and weak.

-The nuke: more like a nitpick, but this gun takes too long to fire to be useful, and the weapon itself was too ambitious to feel as intendend with the graphics of its time (Im guessing the idea was aiming for an effect like the nuclear blast from that terminator 2 scene)

If anything, this would prove this game needs a remaster like turok EX, but go much further with the ex mode and also try to find some changes to fix this problems.

As for MP, I feel like going further and just bring Rage Wars EX

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 02:09:35 PM »
As we know they are still working on this! You guys know that System Shock is due next holiday in 2017. So what game do you think is due in 2016? ;) TUROK 2! I saw a comment of someone saying on facebook comment " stop bringing up Turok on the System Shock post's" xD Not going to happen lol. No harm meant to Night Dive its just that how are we supposed to keep quiet about a game we want so bad?
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 02:13:14 PM »
Nor any words on the editor for the first game.

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 03:11:48 PM »
Nor any words on the editor for the first game.
I'm going to take an educated guess about the editor right now. Night Dive is probably struggling to get the allowance rights. Since they do not own Turok in full and only the rights to release classic games. If we make new levels for Turok that is like considered new content for Turok which falls in the full owners hands not Night Dive. That might not have been in the contract. Its also possible that Night Dive can't even talk about the sensitive information or it might make the chances of it releasing even slimmer.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:12:29 PM by DoomGuy »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 03:38:39 PM »
Who holds the rights? last time I knew, before this remaster the game was freeware. I guess theres the rights to the character itself but that might work differently (like how some companies can release marvel movies but not videogames)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal