Author Topic: Exporting Turok Dinosaur Hunter Models (all nodes) guide  (Read 16330 times)

Offline ChillyE

• Iguana
  • T:REP 12
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting Turok Dinosaur Hunter Models (all nodes) guide
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 12:09:13 AM »
Hi Chilly, this tutorial worked for me just fine. But not gog version, I used the steam version, right that's the difference. You used the regular in game console and not the editor console? And you moved the model (bin) file out of models folder into turok root folder? Worked every time for me. When I made an error there was a note in console that would say .mtl not found or obj not found.

Yes I have followed the steps above and moved the model into the root file and used the in game console. I have also tried different models and it still gives me the .mtl for any model I export, just not the .obj

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 06:19:05 PM »
I dunno where Duke is at he must be taking a break, I'll try to help. GoG version might not work right. Steam has updated the editor to v1.0.3, check your version number at the very top border of the editor. I can send you files and see if your engine will import (convertobj). Your using windows eh? which version? I'm win7 home x64 and Turok (steamapps) runs in programs(x86).

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:36:53 PM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline ChillyE

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 12:35:52 AM »
I dunno where Duke is at he must be taking a break, I'll try to help. GoG version might not work right. Steam has updated the editor to v1.0.3, check your version number at the very top border of the editor. I can send you files and see if your engine will import (convertobj). Your using windows eh? which version? I'm win7 home x64 and Turok (steamapps) runs in programs(x86).

Thanks for being so willing to help!

I am running windows 10. At the bottom right corner of the console it said it was Kex Engine 3.3 and Turok Ex 1.4.7. I am not sure if that is right though because last I heard the level editor had not yet been released for the GoG version which is already available for steam.

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 04:00:27 AM »
in the console yeah:  kex 3.3 EX 1.4.8

I was using the export/convert a lot today, and it seemed to be working correctly for me but I was having problems with the results. My scripting skills need help.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:04:02 AM by Gazer »
No Ciggi

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 11:15:31 AM »
I have the gog version and this works for me. Which model are you trying to export? Are you putting the .bin into your gameroot? Also, be sure to follow the getting started guide from Duke also. You may need to set your game to developer 1 if you haven't yet.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 11:29:02 PM »
You may need to set your game to developer 1 if you haven't yet.

Its always the first thing that should be checked from my experience. If this doesn't work let me know. Using gog or steam should be no issue, I also mostly use the gog version.

Here is how if you needed it.

http://www.turokforums.com/t1-moddinguser-content/t1-modding-(get-started)/msg3301/#msg3301
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:30:37 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Smoke39

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 597
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 12:15:30 AM »
There seem to be some persistent misconceptions about this stuff.  You don't need to extract any files, and you don't need dev mode.  You just need to specify the full file path:

exportobj models/whatever.bin

By exporting the model to the game's root, all you're doing is saving yourself from having to type the file's path, while also introducing the need for dev mode, because the game doesn't load any unpackaged files without it.

Offline ChillyE

• Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 12:58:42 AM »
There seem to be some persistent misconceptions about this stuff.  You don't need to extract any files, and you don't need dev mode.  You just need to specify the full file path:

exportobj models/whatever.bin

By exporting the model to the game's root, all you're doing is saving yourself from having to type the file's path, while also introducing the need for dev mode, because the game doesn't load any unpackaged files without it.

Hey. Thanks for all the help everyone. Setting my game to dev one allowed me to get the node objs.

I apologize for not reading the start up guide first. I'll be going through it before I post more questions. Thanks again.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 01:02:03 AM »
Wont have to apoligize for missing getting started things. You aren't the first one to do it. Its caused a few ppl to trip themselves. Hope all is good.
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Nightstalker

• Iguana
  • T:REP 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 04:28:24 PM »
What about keeping the nodes in their respective places and exporting the animations? Is that possible?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal