Turok General > Turok General Discussion

Interview with Darren Mitchell

(1/3) > >>

Duke64:

https://turoksanctum.com/darren-mitchell-interview-turok/

ひまわりくん:
THE VOICES JOSH, WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

Rok:
That was a fun read. Thanks I love knowing exact equipment that was used to make the music.  :treasure:

dosboot:
Darren Mitchell's music is highly underrated!   Glad to see an interview and learn a bit more.  I found it interesting that he didn't have any art or visuals to work from when composing the levels, just verbal communication with the producer.  Because for me, I find the audio and visuals closely connected in my mind!  Of course, that's to be expected after all these years and coming from a pure player's perspective.  Still I think he did a good job at matching the feel of the levels.

Duke64:

--- Quote from: dosboot on February 03, 2018, 01:16:26 PM ---Darren Mitchell's music is highly underrated!   Glad to see an interview and learn a bit more.  I found it interesting that he didn't have any art or visuals to work from when composing the levels, just verbal communication with the producer.  Because for me, I find the audio and visuals closely connected in my mind!  Of course, that's to be expected after all these years and coming from a pure player's perspective.  Still I think he did a good job at matching the feel of the levels.

--- End quote ---

Yeah that interested me also for the same reason, the music really fits a perfect blend with the levels as if he made them while seeing video segments but isn't the case xD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version