Author Topic: Co-Op Mod  (Read 179524 times)

Offline BehemothProgrammer

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 791
    • View Profile
Re: Coop Mod v0.8
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2018, 10:27:43 PM »
Hive of the Mantids is done! Along with many fixes and additions. This update was a lot of work so I hope you all enjoy it. And just for fun I also added in Doom E1M1  :queen:

Version 0.8 June 16, 2018
  • All Hive maps done and Queen boss fight.
  • By default all players now have a green outline around them that can be seen through walls, so you can more easily find other players in the map. You can turn it off/on by typing "call xray" in the console.
  • When collecting 100 life forces the message "Extra Life" is now displayed and the voice "I am Turok!" is always played instead of the characters select sound.
  • Turrets in the Hive Top now shoot out of there guns instead of the floor and no longer have blocking regions under them and also get destroyed when they die.
  • The Hive ceiling Turrets now animate their texture and sparks emit from them when they die just like the N64 version.
  • Removed Life Force messages on pickup. And Life Forces will now sync correctly for it's movement componenet.
  • Explosive barrels no longer do damage to players. All barrels explosion particles changed on all maps.
  • Cerebral bore now syncs with clients
  • No longer sending animation flags updates from AI to clients.
  • Set Queen and Sister of Despair evade animation ids to -1 so they would not go into the evasion animaiton everytime they are hit.
  • A message is now displayed ("Turok Died") when someone dies along with the number of lives remaining.
  • All actors that were set to appear on only some difficulty settings, now have there flags set to appear on all difficulty settings.
  • Doors that open/close automatically near actors are now synced for clients.
  • Doors: Fixed 2 performance issues with doors that were constantly blocking/unblocking their regions every tick, and another were the auto doors were opening 2 or more times instead of just once.
  • Changed the title screen Turok 2 Logo to include the word coop
  • Changed the credits file to include everyone who supported the mod. Thank you so much to everyone that donated!

Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

QTurok | Turok: Mountain of the Sun | WolfenTurok 3D | and more...

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
Re: Coop Mod v0.8
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2018, 10:56:28 AM »
 :long-hunter:

Holy KPF! Already finished level 5!? Nice work!

Is there any chance of putting in the hub as a bonus level?

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
Re: Coop Mod v0.8.7
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2018, 07:19:52 PM »
This is another big update that includes: Saving and Loading of Coop Progress, checkpoints, secrets, more cheats, and lots of awesome fixes. Checkout the details below.

Pretty crazy there's only 2 things left on my to do list for v0.9: The Primagen/ending, and Difficulty setting.

• Added Saving and Loading of COOP progress! Created a starting map in Singleplayer for the server to save/load your game and coop progress. As the server select New Game in the main menu to go to the map and save or load your coop progress. Warning: Any future versions of the mod will be incompatible with older versions.
  • I've fixed a known issue. Dynamically spawned pickups will now show their pickup message and play a sound/voice for clients.
  • Removed the old checkpoint system and went through all the maps and added checkpoints throughout the maps.
  • Fixed the issue for clients where when the AI was wounded would replay the wound animation 1 or more times. I've prevented the modestates wounded bail out and now it only plays once, yay!
  • You can now trigger special secret regions. And added all the special secret regions and eventlinks to all maps.
  • Number of secrets found is now displayed in the "call stats" text menu.
  • A cheat flag is now set if any server cheat commands are used and is shown in the "call stats" text menu. (currently has no effect)
  • new cheat console command, call tiny (makes all enemies tiny)
  • new console command, call dif0 .. 3, to change the difficulty. Difficulty is shown in the "call stats" text menu and will take effect when the next map begins.
  • new cheat console command: call secrets (All secrets become found)
  • new cheat console command: call lives (Toggles infinite lives)
  • Totem maps now display the number of enemies remaining at 75%, 50%, and 25% of enemies left.
  • Player ammo and health is now saved as it changes
  • Flame Thrower now uses the particle trail from SP
  • Tek Bow has the wind up before the explosion again. Added blood particles when tek bow hits flesh and creature surfaces.
  • Fixed some of the weapon speeds for the fast weapons cheat.
  • Health Generators in blind eye boss are no longer initially active
  • Added a switch in Port 6 to lower the last bridge
  • Added a missing region in River 9 and removed part of the left wall at the beginning giving a more open feel, and added a broken bridge there, and added a secret, and removed an overlapping static mesh on the map, and added a jump pad near the checkpoint station.
  • Lowered chance of death marshes prisoners from playing the call help sound
  • In Lightship 1, fixed a part where you could get stuck
  • In Lightship 3, made the player walk over regions to activate upper switch instead of using the switches touch radius.
  • river 4 bridge gap can now be crossed from both sides once you've reached the other side
  • Hive 6 removed incorrectly placed wall static meshes in main generator area
  • Mother inhale attack in stage 2 is no longer invincible and has a higher chance to do inhale in stage 3.
  • Removed custom gfx: Turok Face, and HUD Bar.
  • After completing a Totem map you will receive an inventory item to indicate that you've successfully completed that totem map.
  • Added another cover object at the end of port9
  • Removed lava flag on damage regions in Marsh 3 oblivion portal
  • blind lair 4 added warp portal instead of falling down a hole to reach the thermal vent to signal it's on the same map.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
Re: Coop Mod v0.8.9
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2018, 12:15:11 AM »
Been awhile since an update so I'm updating now even though I'm still not done v0.9 stuff. Anyway, lots of good stuff in this one, see below for details.

• Created custom UI for looking at your current progress, and warping (when in a checkpoint station).
  • Open the custom menu by selecting the special menu weapon that will prompt you to press fire after remaining still. Use your mouse (look input) to move the cursor and press fire to select options. Pressing jump, crouch, zoom in/out, or alt fire will close the menu.
  • The host can now assign a party leader with 2 new console commands: "call leader0" .. 15, and "call noleader". The party leader is the only one who can advance to a new map by entering a warp portal. By default the first player is the leader. If the assigned leader is no longer in the game, the leader is automatically reassigned to the first active player.
  • Enemies can cloak again without crashing the game in MP
  • The Flashlight is back and has the blue soft light (that was in the beta) that lasts for 30 seconds and slowly fades out.
  • Flare gun charge is now displayed on the gun and plays a sound when fully charged. Flare recharge time increased from 6.0 to 8.0 seconds. And fixed flare gun charge when cheat unlimited ammo was on.
  • By default enemies will no longer vanish after being killed. Enemies position and yaw are now sent to clients when they change and the enemy is dead.
  • New Server Command "call aivanish" - Toggles AI from vanishing shortly after dying
  • All map warps are ready for use when I get the change map script function. Until then a message is displayed: "Go To <Map Name>" telling you what map to go to next. Doing so will warp you to the correct location within that map.
  • Removed the MP victory process that took you to a random map when entering portals.
  • End level portals now require all missions to be completed.
  • New Cheat Server Command "call stations" - Unlocks all Checkpoint Station Warps
  • When you run out of lives the message "Game Over" is displayed and covers the screen. Once I get the change map script function this will restart the current map.
  • On Game Over and failing a Totem map, the game state will be restored when the next map begins.
  • Some Hud Messages now attempt to only display messages to certain Users such as the "<item> required" and "Waiting For Party Leader..." messages.
  • Child arm and feet textures restored.
  • marsh 3 fixed missing and incorrect placed regions on roof near watch tower
  • port 2 added a small bridge where you had to jump into the opening in the wall sideways, and fixed some region draw orders, and fixed some in door lightmap issues, and added a ladder shortcut before the child area.
  • The HUB Checkpoint Station will now always give you health and ammo
  • Switched the River of Souls Talisman and Feather with Death Marshes
  • Additional Checkpoint was added to map Blind 1, where the firestorm cannon is located
  • Players death state is now synced
  • Network now sends 6 bytes less per AI update
  • Weapons and the flashlight will no longer respawn when all players have picked it up
  • Marsh 6 - many fixes for event regions and added a wall higher up for the feather so you can't easily get it and are now forced to go through the level as it was intended.
  • difficulty settings now matter for Port 1-9. The rest of the maps will be in next update. (hopefully. This is a lot of work)
  • When loading an old version of a Co-Op game. The load is prevented and a message is displayed to inform you that it's no longer compatible with the current version of the COOP mod you have.
  • When saving a Co-Op game, the save slot name now includes the version number
  • Dima Chotin fixed up the German localization
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
Re: Co-Op Mod v0.9
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »
Well, everyone ... it's done! WE ARE TUROK!!!

After about 8 months I just uploaded v0.9 which includes the entire game from start to finish plus a few bells and whistles. Thanks to everyone who supported this mod in anyway shape or form, it helped me to continue to work on the mod to where it is today. And expect at least a few more updates in the future and until then get out there and hunt some Dinos with your friends.

:oblivion: :primagen: :queen: :raptoid: :treasure: :t-rex: :alien: :bore: :campaigner: :chronosceptor: :feather: :long-hunter: :nuke:
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

Offline Badger

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 772
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2018, 11:35:36 PM »
Congratulations! :)

Offline Raffine52

• Raptor
  • T:REP 569
  • HEAVEN OR HELL, DUEL 1, LET'S ROCK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2018, 11:41:45 PM »
Well Done. Now I can Play Turok 2 With my Friends!

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2018, 12:56:55 AM »
Updated on Turok Sanctum, feel free to check and let me know to be sure, pretty sure I did.. Great job.

:raptoid: :raptoid: :raptoid: :raptoid: :raptoid: :raptoid:

:treasure: :treasure: :treasure: :treasure:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:57:48 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

• Endtrail
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2018, 12:39:11 PM »
Congratulations! :)
Thanks. Hopefully next update will get your map in there.

Well Done. Now I can Play Turok 2 With my Friends!
Thanks. Sure can.

Updated on Turok Sanctum, feel free to check and let me know to be sure, pretty sure I did.. Great job.
Yup it's right, thanks! Think you could update the description too?

Good job! & Thhanks
Thanks.

So do I just download the file and drag it to the mods folder?
Yup.

My game is bugged :alien:. Every time I died the screen would lock itself on the game-over screen. Something else its seems that I respawned, but like I said before the game lock itself in the gameover screen.
Yup again. That's normal and you need to restart the map now that you've lost all your lives. Whenever you see the text "Go To: <map name>" you need to manually select and load that map from the menu.
Turok 2 Co-Op Mod

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal