• T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: DOOM
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2016, 12:24:55 PM »
You should see this one (not mine):

That's what you call flawless!
Yeah he is a boxing pro hehe Muhammad aDoom float like a lost soul sting like a cyber demon.

When I played the Hell level, got the Berserker and one-punched a bunch of Imps and two Hell Knights, that's when I thought about trying it with no power. I had a feeling that someone already had this kind of video up on YT.

Also, the Hell Knights cheat and use plasma! Oh well, I told the ref not to disqualify him and at least he didn't kick... xD

When I first played this in full (and not as a demo) last year, I had trouble fighting Hell Knights. I thought the BFG's single blasts would be too dangerous at point blank range, but I now know that it only has dangerous splash damage when charged. My first encounter with the Hell Knights took a few times because I didn't know the code to the BFG room at the time.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:25:50 PM by Dragon of Hades »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2016, 03:53:16 PM »
Pretty cool pic :)

Yeah he is a boxing pro hehe Muhammad aDoom float like a lost soul sting like a cyber demon.
heheh
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2016, 11:18:30 AM »
I've been playing the Lost Mission on Doom 3 and I love the Grabber Gun. I knew that Imp/Hell Knight fireballs could be caught and shot at them from one of Duke's videos. I didn't watch it all because I didn't want spoilers and it was only a matter of time before I'd get the game with both Lost Mission and Resurrection of Evil.

Also, I killed two zombies with a cardboard box fired from the Grabber. Luckily they're slow because it took half a dozen times to hit them and the box often bounced away. I should've recorded it! xD It kind of reminds me of Half-Life's Gravity Gun.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2016, 05:46:40 PM »
A Doom contest here. Its a pretty cool one and has a great PC prize. We just have to imagine a weapon and say what it does to enemies who ever comes up with the best new Demon Slayer wins.

https://contests.nvidia.com/en-gb/doomcontest
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2016, 01:56:19 AM »
A Doom contest here. Its a pretty cool one and has a great PC prize. We just have to imagine a weapon and say what it does to enemies who ever comes up with the best new Demon Slayer wins.

https://contests.nvidia.com/en-gb/doomcontest

Too bad the prize isn't a free PS4! xP I'm happy to buy one, though. It will be the first console that I bought.

Turok took all the good ideas I can think of, like the Fusion Cannon, Cerebral Bore and the PSG... LOL!

I have an idea, but don't plan on entering, though. Also, I need to think more on how this would work. I will say that it's some kind of ancient demonic weapon that uses the bones and energy of demons that you kill, as ammo... >:D Next post, if you're interested?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:56:50 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2016, 10:19:09 AM »
I bet the cerebral bore would win the prize xD Maybe just base it off of it and add some demon flavor on it :) I'm going to enter now would love nvidia gtx 1080 I have an gtx 770 atm. I think I have an idea just going to base it off the chronoscepter xD
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:20:24 AM by DoomGuy »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2016, 12:16:12 PM »
Warning: Long Post!

All I can think of is an artifact type weapon that can create a vortex of fiery bone fragments, but that idea is kind of similar to the magic power "Reaper Storm" in Darksiders 2 where Death can turn his body into that for a short time. It's disappointing how weak that magic is in that game.

It can use demon bones as ammunition and I like it better as a mega-weapon, rather than a simple flechette type gun like my original idea. As for the kills that the weapon does, it doesn't give you ammunition unless you feed it with direct brutal kills when wielding it. The weapon being like some kind of a huge gauntlet that gives you power to crush skulls and rip spines out with ease. When it can no longer store any more bones in its mystical demon void, it's ready conjure a storm of fiery, explosive bone fragments and kill any demon in the area.

Yeah, I'm trying to come up with this as I go a long. That or a simple demon bone firing gun, I guess... My thoughts are: There is no better way to kill demons and add insult to injury death, than with a cursed weapon made from the bones of their own fallen Demon Lords! >:D

-

On to Doom 2... There's a lot more levels that I expected. I didn't think the BFG version would be big, seeming it only has two episodes. I just finished the Chasm level. I got frustrated with the Citadel before, because I couldn't figure how to get the blue skull key and then I got crushed. I spammed plasma ammo at Imps because I wasn't going to save the game, but then I decided to play on as I found my way. Out of all the times I don't spam my ammo, I never get a big fight, but when I did this time, the fucking Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind where there waiting and I hardly had any BFG9000 ammo left! xD

I'm also playing Resurrection of Evil and I feel they missed a good joke with that "Artifact"... They should've called it "The Heartifact" instead! :P

I'm getting myself ready for the new DOOM and here's a meme:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 07:39:44 AM by Dinomite »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2016, 02:29:47 PM »

All I can think of is an artifact type weapon that can create a vortex of fiery bone fragments, but that idea is kind of similar to the magic power "Reaper Storm" in Darksiders 2 where Death can turn his body into that for a short time. It's disappointing how weak that magic is in that game.
I actually like that idea dude and I love when games don't hold back on magic go ahead and call it the Heartifact and submit it :) I submitted one though probably won't win xD

Doom steam cards just wanted to take a pic

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2016, 01:56:41 AM »

I actually like that idea dude and I love when games don't hold back on magic go ahead and call it the Heartifact and submit it :) I submitted one though probably won't win xD

Doom steam cards just wanted to take a pic

I meant the Artifact in RoE. The only name I can think of for the weapon is "Condemnation". It's hard to decide whether it should be a gauntlet or gun... I wasn't planning on entering, just giving some ideas. I probably would've if it was a PS4, then I never win anything.

Those cards, I know that Painkiller has them, too. How do I get more of the same one? I had two Devil Monks, but turned one into gems. I don't want to turn any others into gems because I want to least keep one. Maybe if I play the game again, certain levels or is it random? I wish the game would give me an Eve one... She's hot! :P

Would I be able to find you on DOOM through PS4 and play a match, or are the servers separate on both PS4 and Steam? I heard that published snapmaps are available to all, when I read some comments.

With my experiences with God of War (even though that's not the same thing), I'm hoping that DOOM isn't separated by servers or whatever... There's hardly anyone on during the times I want to play and a majority of players on GoW are annoying as fuck, if not super laggy. There's only a few people I play with.

I've also heard that there's no Deathmatch in DOOM... Why haven't Bethesda added that? I'm not always a team player and I like killing anyone and EVERYONE! >:D

That's kind of disappointing... :| But, Snapmap looks like fun!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:57:46 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2016, 11:04:15 PM »
Yeah I don't think it is cross platform but all the levels load to the same page and server. So yes we can all play the snapmaps but we can't actually play with other platforms while playing. So a ps4 player could play my snapmap but he couldn't play it with me :s

Here is a level from the actual game I recorded surely one of my favorites in the game but I don't know might not wan't to spoil the goodies unless you have already watched Doom vids :)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:05:07 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal