Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: DOOM
« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2016, 09:49:01 AM »
I didn't play MP a lot, earlier. I was playing shithouse, so I went back to Bloodborne and started a new game on that. I wanted to start a new game, anyway and I couldn't wait.

My connection's been shit, too. I was doing good the other day and it had to cut out for a minute. I got back into that same match again, but lost all my points. Fucking Optus! >:( I did hear on the news that other Internet services here were slow... For a first world country, Australia sure as hell stays well behind the times with shit. -_-

Anyway, creating those enemy waves sounds like it would be tricky. Especially if you want the death of ALL enemies and not just one to trigger a chain of events. I have seen in the game how there are many of those and how weapons also spawn. I've payed more attention to the map design as I've played the levels. I can leave events to later like I would with lighting, but I like to test play as I go.

I'll take a look at Hell's Keep at some point. I'm kind of at that point where I'm wanting to do something on Photoshop, but too lazy to do it. xD It's a bad habit.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2016, 10:52:36 PM »
You can tag each enemy to the same which would mean you have to kill them all for an action to happen. Or you can even make each enemy have its own action making it spawn different waves for each kill. It is possible for sure if you want it so you have to kill a wave to spawn another, just tag all the enemies in the wave the same way.
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #292 on: November 20, 2016, 08:59:00 AM »
You can tag each enemy to the same which would mean you have to kill them all for an action to happen. Or you can even make each enemy have its own action making it spawn different waves for each kill. It is possible for sure if you want it so you have to kill a wave to spawn another, just tag all the enemies in the wave the same way.

Is it "Spawn on dead thing" or whatever the action was called?

Anyway, I'll try it soon. More needs to be added once I start again, but I already had the basic layout for the whole Blue Key sector mapped. The next will be for the Yellow Key and then the Red, which I had in that area with the huge Turok inspired pit. That area will become a teleporter to the Red Key room which will be elsewhere.

Once you scale the pillars, you're not going to want to go back down again, so that's why I changed that idea a bit. The pit will still do damage it you fall, but there will be an escape portal which will land you back before the area. It would be a dick move not to add a way out, when you come so far. xD

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #293 on: November 22, 2016, 03:47:55 AM »
I was talking about "Trigger on Death" in the Things Mode at the top of my last post, but it's been a while since I last used the program and I forgot the name.

That's something I couldn't figure out around the time I was using the program a lot.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:48:53 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Son of Stone

• Raptor
  • T:REP 430
  • Keeping TUROK's memories alive!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/labi4sparta
« Reply #294 on: November 25, 2016, 02:53:07 AM »
Any Doom guys know what's going on here??  :-[
Keeping TUROK's memories alive!

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #295 on: December 08, 2016, 12:46:46 AM »
I kind of finished it as a full map in 5 hours that would be a record for me xD. Need to go back and straighten/more detail up some but I think there is some very interesting peaks as it already gives a run at my best Doom 64 ex map yet. It was started because I was making a showcase map how to do somethings on Doom 64 ex. But it quickly took form into a decent map here! Anyways, this showcases a switch, how to spawn monsters by killing a monster, how to call actions in general when killing a monster, tagging barrels exploded to a door (secret), several monsters tagged to a single action (kill all the monsters in the room to spawn a second set), and even more.

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 08, 2016, 03:54:32 PM »
I kind of finished it as a full map in 5 hours that would be a record for me xD. Need to go back and straighten/more detail up some but I think there is some very interesting peaks as it already gives a run at my best Doom 64 ex map yet. It was started because I was making a showcase map how to do somethings on Doom 64 ex. But it quickly took form into a decent map here! Anyways, this showcases a switch, how to spawn monsters by killing a monster, how to call actions in general when killing a monster, tagging barrels exploded to a door (secret), several monsters tagged to a single action (kill all the monsters in the room to spawn a second set), and even more.

You are awesome xD looks like a great layout too man and I think I know who this showcase map is for. Revenant Blood? Definitely keep up the awesome stuff.

Any Doom guys know what's going on here??  :-[
That sucks I seen your post on why it happened :/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:55:47 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #297 on: December 11, 2016, 01:35:28 AM »
Random stuff:

Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #298 on: December 20, 2016, 06:15:25 PM »
xD made this
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2016, 11:24:36 AM »

My wad "Soul Sanctum" is a pretty big project that is in the works.

The project will feature mostly new maps. But here is the thing. The episode will be made for Brutal Doom 64. But it will work on Doom 2 with Doom 64 textures. Plus a bonus add-on that includes a small wad for Doom 64 EX which are completely different maps from the main wad.

Soul Sanctum: I'm on map 5 in the episode already.

Soul Sanctum for Doom 2: Some conversions must be made in order for it to work properly on Doom 2 (separate download)

Soul Sanctum EX: A bonus wad with two maps so far only for Doom 64 EX.

More info going here: https://soulsanctum64.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:25:13 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal