Author Topic: Jungle Falls (Turok DH User Map/Mod)  (Read 27764 times)

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
Jungle Falls (Turok DH User Map/Mod)
« on: December 23, 2016, 12:16:09 AM »

Jungle Falls is a quick map I made to get a better understanding of how everything works.
The story is simple Turok's homeland is about to go under attack. He must get ready for battle. Most of this stuff was made to learn but I think I did a well enough job to share my first map.

It also comes with some bones armor texture for Turok and a different placed Knife model inspired by Snake's Brutal Turok knife positioning. I also do some scripting things in this including a placeholder ending sequence.

Mission: Collect three keys to open the portal to the next level Turok

More levels will be added to this as time goes on

This can be played on steam or gog. However if you plan to play it on gog you need to download the map and put it into the mods folder inside of turoks gameroot. If you don't have a mods folder simply make a folder called "mods" If you need help ye I will help.

GOG Download Direct Download: https://turoksanctum.com/download/jungle-falls/

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=823812758

Blog Post: https://duke64nukem.com/2016/12/23/turok-dinosaur-hunter-user-map/

Turok Sanctum Post: https://turoksanctum.com/jungle-falls/

Might I add its a real shame Adon is not around for this release.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:03:40 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
Re: Jungle Falls (Turok DH Map/Mod)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 11:05:39 AM »
Yeah, Shame Adon isnt here... Well great mod, Dude. Gotta ask though, Was this mod converted from the beta editor to the retail one? Seems huge for a day of work. ;)

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 11:40:20 AM »
Wow Sixty! Amazing damn job on this map. And the scripts are awesome too. Nice idea to call the credits screen and. Really really nice how you made it replace the hub map and make it so 3 keys opens the portal. I mean that is good thinking dude. This is your first map? I would seriously rate this map like a 10/10. I mean there is scene changes, many different enemies, and very progressive yet hub style feel. It actually feels like a Duke/Doom map with Turok style. The part where the hunters are hanging is neat because you can jump the cliff back over to the earlier part of the map. Idk just reminds me of classic fps mapping.
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 12:43:30 PM »
Nice man! this looks great

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 02:48:57 PM »
There are only a few things I can't answer for you guys. Most questions I could answer :)

What this map is: I hope it is an above average example on how to map for Turok (hence the map name in the files simply turok.map). Respawns, spawning upon picking up items, spawn ondeath, multiple scripts, enemy variants, a way to end maps, and a way to make it so you can't leave the level until you find the 3 keys (Duke and Doom inspired). When normally you can leave levels without getting keys. So what I did was make it so it acts as the hub ruins. Which in return you can't open a portal to leave unless you have the keys. So I do hope no one is offended by this map. Anyone can learn a ton from it just by looking at the files and opening the map. That is its sole purpose. The other reason I posted it on steam is because the Turok workshop is going to need help. Its not very popular yet!. But to me I will drop all other projects if I WANTED TO. So I could map for this. I plan to make an entire episode kind of based on Turok DH 2 with some Evolution inspirations as well.

But I am a totally fast mapper I should have another one posted shortly. And then another also and I started another. So I have 3 maps in the making right now one is almost done xD My shortest map however is for Doom 64 ex which took me 6 hours. And its not a bad map and will take someone about 8-10 minutes to beat :)

Hope all is well my friends I am here to help if needed! I want to play your maps guys go go.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:51:36 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 09:16:49 PM »
That is an awesome level it is Turok style. I haven't been able to post much but I always come and check on here still. This is great man. Congrats all Turok fans who get this I am not so good at mapping. So post and I will play. This have a Turok feel and its mixed up you see catacombs, lava, and jungle neat blend
Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 08:10:41 PM »
I see Jay Doom lol! Hey as long as you make it work on gog it is a favorite of me the map is very good. Sorry still hate steam dont even remember my log in :D

Raptor Rok is metal.

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 08:15:18 PM »
Yes well all of my maps will come with a gog version and my maps are scripted to work in any situation. Its not as easy as one would believe ;) But don't worry I will share my map here first. New one coming Friday for gog and steam users once again buddy. I just think stats/ratings are dumb on steam^ Nothing in specific to much I just think they create bad environments imo. Hence why I made this forum give us credits for every post. Rather then someone else liking them.

Made a collection on there for all maps that I like so far. There isn't many up there but I included mine with some of the tutorial showcase levels by the devs.  But I can tell Dinosoid is moving in the right direction to getting a map out there your map looks good btw. I don't really like that other map on workshop xD there club turok. Its a funster weird map club turok yeah I kind of laughed :/ We waited 20 years and I understand it and I'm not hating but come on. That doesn't impress make real map guys! Anyways, check out the collection so far :) I can't include some because they are mods not levels keep in mind. Maybe change that later IDK but will just keep for levels for now.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=828634157

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 10:36:58 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 12:28:50 PM »
64 you made history with this map xD Maybe not everyone would like to admit that but its true dude and its actually really damn good considering how to make Turok maps.

First Turok DH user map in history: Jungle Falls

Thanks for answering some my questions on fb messenger also man.

"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 09:40:12 PM »
64 you made history with this map xD Maybe not everyone would like to admit that but its true dude and its actually really damn good considering how to make Turok maps.

First Turok DH user map in history: Jungle Falls

Thanks for answering some my questions on fb messenger also man.

Well cool that's awesome! Just glad some players seem to like it. But I just like to make maps even if not many people play it. Love to do it a passion of mine. Anyone who make a map makes history too heh and ppl who made the editor always go in my credits xD

Hey this is where I got the name of my map from ;) Its not based on it I simply like the name. Diddy Kong Racing level.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:00:30 AM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal