Author Topic: Turok 2 & Multiplayer: Bug Reports Only  (Read 16448 times)

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • T:REP 926
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Turok 2 & Multiplayer: Bug Reports Only
« on: April 02, 2017, 01:10:20 AM »
I thought I'd make this topic separately from the other one, so that anyone from Nightdive who is reading these forums can easily find reports on any of the bugs that are still causing issues.

Any bugs that are resolved can be edited in this main post as a reference (below) by Myself, Duke or the Mods.

-

List of Fixed Issues:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 01:11:19 AM by AbyssalDragon86 »

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
  • T:REP 420
    • View Profile
Re: Turok 2 & Multiplayer: Bug Reports Only
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 02:40:33 AM »
WEAPONS:

-Flare doesnt doesnt light the area, and the flare's sprite usually gets hidden behind level geometry.
-Tek bow takes the same amount of time as the regular bow to fully charge its arrow
-Tek bow cant trigger every (not inlcuding PFM's exclusive leg chopping animation) death animation like it used in the original game
-Charge dart rifle always consumes the same amount of ammo no matter the level of the charge. FIXED
-Sunfire pods still have some trouble killing blind ones (can take more than one pod to kill them, might even need to actually make contact with the enemy)
-PFM never triggers the leg cutting death animation on any enemy that is possible to achieve. FIXED
-PFM's idle wave effect is non-transparent.
-Razorwind sometimes goes trough enemies without damaging them (biobot and elite guards for example)
-Razorwind gets sutck on water.
-Cerebral Bore deploy sound is a bit low in volume.

-Explosive weapons can deal more damage than allowed on bosses when a certain bodypart gets destroyed to the point where you cant hurt it anymore (example: one of the Mother boss' arm gets hurt until her health reaches the 50% mark at which point you have to start attacking to other arms to deal damage again. With an explosive weapon, by the time one arm gets completely destroyed health will be around 35%)FIXED????????????

MONSTERS:

-Primagen's "blue ring beam" doesnt work properly. Bounces back at him when it touches the ground and can hit the player incredibily fast several times which kills you almost instantly.
-Undead's textures from their mouths and left side of the torso are wrong.
-Endtrail's cloaking effect doesnt always trigger, leaving them 100% invisible (appeared since patch #3) FIXED
-Mantid mites seem to have trouble locking-on onto the player when up close, and end up jumping circles around the player.
-Mantid drone's death animation where it loses both legs and one arms make them release red blood witht he green blood. It should be all green.
-Some mantid drones (the green bugs) seem unaffected by the cerebral bore. I just keeps on drilling but never kills them.
-When you hit Green-blooded with weapons that have a smoke after effect, the smoke has the wrong color when you hit this enemies (Eg: plasma rifle's  direct hit smoke puff turns orange instead of green) FIXED
-Mantid soldier's shoulder shots have the wrong color (light blue, should be purple). This appeared after patch #2 FIXED
-Cant relaunch dead enemies into the air with explosives
-Various death animations dont trigger (purlinn's losing their arms or head, elite guard losing arms, etc)
-Sword handle of the Sentinel (blind one) is transparent
-On the cutscene right after defeating the primagen, the gooey membrane of his damaged head is not transparent, same for the one on his damaged jaw.
-When fighting the primagen, on its second phase where you have to destroy its two claw-like hands, only the small one flashes AND needs to be destroyed, while the big one stays forever.
-On the primagen's "good ending" death scene, the final beam that kills the primagen should be big enough to cover him completely.

HIVE OF THE MANTIDS

-Underside of the floating turrets doesnt change colors
-Ceiling turrets' death animation works wrong (goes direct into being completely down, then plays the death animation properly)
-The tubes that constantly drop Mites never stop dropping blue health after you blow up the hole with a grenade launcher.
-Bad lighting on the queen's bossroom.FIXED

PRIMAGEN'S LIGHTSHIP:

-Assembly plant's conveyor belt areas are completely broken.
-At the part where you are at the assembly plant conveyor belts and you have to switch the blue tubes with the red tubes, you only have to do it for one conveyor belt for the objective to register as complete.

OTHER:

-Enemy shadows dont always appear on every shot on a cutscenes.
-Cutscene at the start of Primagen's bossfight has really loud ambient noises. FIXED?
-Non-fleshy objects producing blood when shot at (Eg: beginning of stage5 turrets, or some machinery in one oblivion portals)
-Solid Insta-kill surfaces (lava, green mud, laser grid on ground) can be survived by bunnyhopping.
-Oblivion portal cutscenes have the voiceclips from only the PC version, not the N64 one.
-Postcredit oblivion voice clip never plays

SUGGESTIONS (SINGLEPLAYER):

-Opening/ending outher space area should have the sky pulled away a little bit more like how it was done in the hub
-Shredder's explosive shell's rebound should deal less damage than the initial hit. MODIFIED (wount bounce after a direct hit anymore, but still deals high damage)
-Shredder's normal shells' ricochet are completely useles both in SP and MP, to the point they barely seem to hit anything even on very enclosed spaces.
-Weapon wheel selection brought back ADDED
-Gameplay option that allows player to exit a stage without completing all mission objectives, thus giving the chance to get the bad ending unless the player goes back to unfinished stages to complete all missions and trigger the totem defense when going trough the end-of-stage portal.

SUGGESTIONS (MULTIPLAYER):

-Setting to enable each character's special stats like in the n64 version
-Buff pistol slightly (reported at dealing only 8 damage)

NOT REALLY BUGS:

-Endtrail self-destruct sounds are from the PC version, not the N64.
-Cerebral Bore deploy sound is not N64 version
-Grenade Launcher deploy sound is not the N64 version.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:29:58 PM by Mon-Ark »

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 12:54:56 AM »
Weapon Latency and Host Advantage

-

After testing this with Duke's match and then being the host of a match, I can say that latency is still a big issue and that the host can have the advantage over the players.

Plasma Rifle seems to have gotten worse after the update (my only complaint) and the shot is as delayed as what the Charge Dart was and still is. Being that I'm from Australia and most players are from other countries, this problem might occur more often for me. Usually when I join games, I get the short end.

IE: Getting one-shot or HP chipped down much faster by weapons that don't yield the same results when a non host uses them.

I have learned to adjust to it, but it's still an issue everyone is going to have. When testing this as the host, Plasma Rifle was working normal for me (as how it was, not being a host before the update). Even shotgun was a few frames quicker on my game... That hasn't changed and still fires good enough when not hosting.

The disadvantage that I often suffer was on Duke's end and even when Floob joined. Their pings were like what mine usually is. I know there will be more updates made, but I hope there's an eventual fix for the hosting because local players are hard to come by, if you're not from Europe or mainly the US. My Internet plan will probably be ungraded soon, so hopefully that also helps me.

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 01:18:49 PM »
I dont think theres a fix for the ping you get when playing with someone from another region. Has always been like that for me in other games other than this one.

And I dont think upgrading yout internet speed makes a huge impact. I used to play a half-life1 online mod, and wethever my internet was 100kb/sec or 1MB/sec didnt matter a whole lot in the end.

Only way around this "could" be an option for p2p network, which I believe the online services of some games on consoles tend to use.

Offline postal

• Iguana
  • T:REP 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »
-PFM never triggers the leg cutting death animation on any enemy that is possible to achieve.
-Shredder's explosive shell's rebound should deal less damage than the initial hit. MODIFIED (wount bounce after a direct hit anymore, but still deals high damage)

Yeah explosive projectile weapons are kinda messed up atm. They seem to not do different damage based on where you hit the enemy (limb, torso, or head), and instead always register as a chest shot, at least from what I've tested so far. Like how a tek-arrow headshot kill on a pur-linn triggers the chest burst death animation instead of the head burst one.  I'm not sure if this was done for the benefit of heavy explosives like the grenade launcher and the scorpion launcher so you don't have shots getting blocked by an enemies hand and taking a damage reduction or what, but it causes some issues with at least three of the explosive weapons currently:

Shredder does full damage even if you just shoot their foot or hand
Tek arrows don't blow up heads or even instakill on headshot anymore (not counting the giant Mantid Soldiers which always took extra headshot tekarrows to kill for some reason), instead requiring as many as 4 arrows to the head to kill
PFM launcher never triggers the leg-death animation since I guess it's only counting as chest damage.

plus you don't get any unique death animations based on where the explosion occurred outside of the normal chest-triggered ones, like tek arrowing an arm or something.

or just watch this and you'll see what I mean

Hopefully it'll get fixed for those.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:26:43 AM by postal »

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 10:22:45 PM »
The death animations work independently of how explosive weapons deal damage, otherwise I wouldnt be blowing up an endtrail's head with a shotgun's explosive rounds. Also take note how the plasma rilfe's sniper shots blow up heads now.

Yes, im pretty sure this change to explosive damage is intentional and everybody knows about it at this point, and im honestly happy for that. Much better than seeing an endtrail take 3 rockets to kill because the first two landed on the arms/legs, something which you dont have control of.

It just brought upon new problems of balance which have yet to be addresed.

Offline postal

• Iguana
  • T:REP 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 12:04:04 AM »
Hah I forgot about the normal shotgun's explosive shots. Yea that one and the plasma rifle at least work like they should. maybe it's because they're hitscan.

and yea it's definitely fine for the grenade launcher and scorpion launcher, but it'd be pretty gr8 if it was just for those two guns so tek arrows didn't also lose their head shot damage bonus.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:28:22 AM by postal »

Offline AbyssalDragon86

• Endtrail
  • Lord of The Abyss
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 04:13:51 AM »
I dont think theres a fix for the ping you get when playing with someone from another region. Has always been like that for me in other games other than this one.

And I dont think upgrading yout internet speed makes a huge impact. I used to play a half-life1 online mod, and wethever my internet was 100kb/sec or 1MB/sec didnt matter a whole lot in the end.

Only way around this "could" be an option for p2p network, which I believe the online services of some games on consoles tend to use.

I'm not expecting it to be perfect if I get faster broadband, but at least a little bit more improved. My upload speed seems to be slow at times, especially uploading a PS4 game save to a PS+ cloud. I hope they're working on a server, as you mentioned. It might make weapons fire at their proper frame rates for everyone?

I forgot all about the PFM kill animation until you brought it up. When I was last playing single player before the update, I noticed how this weapon can be a bit useless at times and not even kill or hurt the smaller enemies (Mites & Workers) of the Hive. However, it was more effective on others players in multiplayer.

Offline Old One Eye

• Raptor
  • T:REP 424
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 08:02:19 AM »
Is it just on my set up or does the Firestorm Cannon fire quite a bit to the right of the crosshair?  I know other weapons are slightly off too but the FC is particularly bad for me.
"It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!"

Offline Mon-Ark

• Raptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 01:03:51 PM »

I'm not expecting it to be perfect if I get faster broadband, but at least a little bit more improved. My upload speed seems to be slow at times, especially uploading a PS4 game save to a PS+ cloud. I hope they're working on a server, as you mentioned. It might make weapons fire at their proper frame rates for everyone?

I forgot all about the PFM kill animation until you brought it up. When I was last playing single player before the update, I noticed how this weapon can be a bit useless at times and not even kill or hurt the smaller enemies (Mites & Workers) of the Hive. However, it was more effective on others players in multiplayer.

For now theres the "network speed" option.

From what I could see, its exclusively works for whoever hosts the server. You basically compromise your side so the joining players have a lower ping, however on your side their movement will look more or less jerky depiending on how low you set it (also if you use this option make sure to disable enemy motion blur, otherwise other players will look like blurry ghosts whenever they move)

setting it at 30hz is a good middleground (at 15hz the player's movement is like a slideshow), and a player with a ping of 350 got down by 100 (250 ping)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal