Author Topic: Turok Evolution - PC port issues  (Read 25754 times)

Offline Alexander09138

• Iguana
  • T:REP 5
    • View Profile
Turok Evolution - PC port issues
« on: January 14, 2019, 11:15:27 PM »
I'm having some problems.

1. Black screen with audio during cutscenes and intros. Even converted the avi files to mp4 to see if it would help. It didn't.

2. Enemies that surrender randomly disappear.

3. Game keeps crashing. It freezes, then i alt+tab and i get the typical error.

I've heard this port has a lot of issues but not any of these specifically. Any way to fix them? I'm enjoying the 60fps + kb/mouse though.

Man, i wish they would remaster this... My first rated M game as a kid. :turok:

The crashing is the worst part though. If this game had quick save, it might be a different story.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 11:16:38 PM by Alexander09138 »

Offline The GFPes

• Iguana
  • T:REP 26
  • Here to keep Sleg raptor handlers from extinction!
    • View Profile
Re: Turok Evolution - PC port issues
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 04:20:50 PM »
You’re the guy on Reddit right? Do get back to me if you were. If not, simply run the game in compatibility mode.
Sleg raptor handlers get no respect. Which is very sad.

Offline Alexander09138

• Iguana
  • T:REP 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:23:15 PM »
You’re the guy on Reddit right? Do get back to me if you were. If not, simply run the game in compatibility mode.

Yes i am lol. Thought i'd try here too. I've applied the compatability settings, haven't tested yet though. Will get back to you.

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 04:53:22 AM »
I'm having some problems.

1. Black screen with audio during cutscenes and intros. Even converted the avi files to mp4 to see if it would help. It didn't.

2. Enemies that surrender randomly disappear.

3. Game keeps crashing. It freezes, then i alt+tab and i get the typical error.

I've heard this port has a lot of issues but not any of these specifically. Any way to fix them? I'm enjoying the 60fps + kb/mouse though.

Man, i wish they would remaster this... My first rated M game as a kid. :turok:

The crashing is the worst part though. If this game had quick save, it might be a different story.
Hello there!  :)

1. That is odd. Are you running the game from a legit DVD or did you download it somewhere? If so, where did you get it? Depending on this, the game might be broken or incomplete.

2. Enemies that surrender do not randomly disappear, lol. They disappear if you don't kill them and almost always leave behind health or ammunition as an incentive for the player to shoot the guns out of their hands as opposed to straight up killing them.

3. This is a common issue. Trust me, you're not the only one heh. :) Download D3D Windower. It should let you alt+tab without any problems: https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-70607/D3DWindower-English-version

Let me know if you need any other help! :)

~Dinomite

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal