Author Topic: PC Version Multiplayer - Online Modification  (Read 89198 times)

Offline djdduty

• Iguana
  • T:REP 99
    • View Profile
Re: PC Version Multiplayer - Online Modification
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2017, 04:19:32 PM »
As far as i know, no work has been done since Perma and i lost contact. If you'd read the post / description, you would know that it is indeed a vid from months ago. If anybody at all can help me contact permanull, it would be appreciated and maybe even rewarded.

I contacted PermaNull to see if the code in the repository is fully up to date as I may dive in and look at the code myself. He says when he left off with the mod he was attempting to fix a crash relating to spawning players due to the fact that the game is a 4 player maximum (Because of split screen multiplayer).

What happened is he had another mod for Halo 2 which restored multiplayer to the game over the internet since the official server got shut down. He didn't expect it but that mod took off majorly in popularity. He's been very busy working on that mod, which I completely understand and relate to given my current situation.

Is there anything specifically you wanted to discuss with him? I can ask him if he wouldn't mind me sharing how to contact him but I'd say by the looks of it, this mod might be on hiatus for the moment.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 04:24:08 PM by djdduty »

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2017, 11:10:33 AM »
Well I really hope someone will get this thing going :/
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline djdduty

• Iguana
  • T:REP 99
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2017, 02:38:20 PM »

After I got in contact with Perma, it seems to have given him a push toward this project. I'm not making any promises toward the state of the project or anything but we have been chatting regularly about the ins and outs of the project and discussing certain goals that need to be set and achieved for the project to make any significant progress.

Again, I'm not making any promises for any time soon but I figured I'd at least keep you all updated after the huge amount of radio silence from us programmers :D .

Offline Gazer

• Raptor
  • T:REP 484
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2017, 01:00:03 AM »
Well you know Dinomite, we have the tools for co-operative mode in place already with T2 mP. All we need to do is get someone to write the script for "Friendly Fire" no damage to teammates. Then create co-op levels using kexstudio. The levels would have to be mean and nasty of course so that it would take 2 or more players to handle the carnage that might ensue. If we could get Behemoth interested, he seems to like major amounts of carnage, and animal ferocity.

So I don't know about these programmer guys you got here... hmmmmm  ???  lmao Hi djdduty, and I've never met the other guy Perma. I think dj has helped me out a couple times, thanks dj.

gl -hf -Gazer
No Ciggi

Offline Jay Doomed

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 2632
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2017, 12:13:44 PM »
Well you know Dinomite, we have the tools for co-operative mode in place already with T2 mP. All we need to do is get someone to write the script for "Friendly Fire" no damage to teammates. Then create co-op levels using kexstudio. The levels would have to be mean and nasty of course so that it would take 2 or more players to handle the carnage that might ensue. If we could get Behemoth interested, he seems to like major amounts of carnage, and animal ferocity.

So I don't know about these programmer guys you got here... hmmmmm  ???  lmao Hi djdduty, and I've never met the other guy Perma. I think dj has helped me out a couple times, thanks dj.

gl -hf -Gazer

Hmm Idk I think its harder than that there would probably have to be some serious code to allow co op in Turok 2. A friendly fire would be easy to script... But making enemies spawn in a mp mode will crash the game. Some serious code is needed for that in the engine to allow it properly. I'm under the impression the mp mode doesn't know how to respond to enemies placed in maps neither do certain actors or platforms these things don't know how to register in mp. We will need Kaiser at the end of the day.

After I got in contact with Perma, it seems to have given him a push toward this project. I'm not making any promises toward the state of the project or anything but we have been chatting regularly about the ins and outs of the project and discussing certain goals that need to be set and achieved for the project to make any significant progress.

Again, I'm not making any promises for any time soon but I figured I'd at least keep you all updated after the huge amount of radio silence from us programmers :D .

Don't worry about it I think one day all you guys will have this mp going maybe with an editor too... No pressure just saying it would be cool. I would really like to play Turok Evolution in mp. Seriously its a good game for mp Co op would be cool in it also but that may be really tough and involve cutting flying levels out I don't really know how co op flying would go...Maybe its possible...But all we really need is Rok Match Evolution. I never really got to play much besides when I was younger.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:19:06 PM by Jay Doomed »
"Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Offline Duke64

• Administrator
  • T:REP 6523
  • Sixty Four
    • View Profile
    • Duke64Nukem.com
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2017, 02:30:36 PM »

Gj looking forward to any updates and just like the guys said here no rush no pressure. Keep up the good work guys whatever projects you may be working on. Feel free to share other games projects in general user content or anything else boards. I'm sure some ppl here would support the projects even if its not Turok related. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:31:31 PM by Duke64 »
Dinosaur Hunter
"Its time to make tracks"
"You are tiny grasshopper"
"Suck it down"
"Boo, No soup for you"
"Arrrgghhhh"
"I live again"

Offline The GFPes

• Iguana
  • T:REP 26
  • Here to keep Sleg raptor handlers from extinction!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2017, 11:19:59 PM »
Still waiting. But considering the way things are going Turok Evolution will be remade by the time this will finish.
Sleg raptor handlers get no respect. Which is very sad.

Offline PNill

• Iguana
  • T:REP 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2017, 03:41:36 AM »
Figure I should probably update this thread since it's been some time since I've made any progress here.

So the last I was working on this I hit a wall attempting to spawn additional players, I managed to solve that and ran into an issue where when spawning the additional player there was hud elements and camera mash between the two players.

If you notice there's two of the little walk-way as well as other things...

I also ended up having some fun with talset throwing a tantrum...
https://gyazo.com/cb2e68619eeab773f8f90b1c8d525a8f

Here's another example of the camera issues:

And I'm happy to say I've managed to find a way to solve this, while it's not solved yet.... I am able to make only the spawned player's camera appear.

Within the same sub routine I've also been able to identify effects (Water overlay, pickups, damage - red screen when taking damage) and how to disable them for specific players meaning I've actually fully accomplished this feat and can now start to synchronize the data between dynamically spawned players.

After a long break I've made some serious progress and I'm pretty happy with myself as of right now.

The next steps I'm going to have to take...

* I need to disable the input from player 1 going into player 2, I haven't determined what's causing that yet but I should be able to figure it out.
* Sounds still play for the spawned player picking things up but this is probably a wont-fix at this time.
* There is no sync or multiplayer functionality currently.
* I cannot force the game into a level yet on startup which I'd like to do so that we can have an external lobby system similar to znandroum or zdaemon.
* I have no way to *destroy* players upon a person leaving currently, we could simply kill them and never re-spawn them but this presents other problems which hopefully I'll be able to overcome.

In the mean time things are progressing quite nicely with this roadblock finally out of the way.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:44:58 AM by PermaNull »

Offline Dinomite

• Ban
  • T:REP 2223
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2017, 05:29:42 AM »
* I have no way to *destroy* players upon a person leaving currently, we could simply kill them and never re-spawn them but this presents other problems which hopefully I'll be able to overcome.
Nobody's complaining when it comes to a free frag. xD

Offline Rok

• Global Moderator
  • T:REP 1968
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2017, 12:52:03 PM »
Wow looks like a lot of good progress. Nice job dude!
Raptor Rok is metal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal