Turok General > Info/Help

Any of the Remaster Devs Here?

<< < (2/2)

Duke64:
Well this forum was made before I knew about the Turok games coming back. This forum was made for the original games mostly in mind but of course comics and just fan lore (with no idea of remasters or anything new coming). I was under the impression we all were going to play the classics forever and try our best to get editors working one day lmao. I still like the classics a lot there is something that is truly hard to replicate in them no matter the flaws. And also my love for them so I still fire up the classics to this day.

But what a thing the EX versions have turned out to be what a surprise. Even has editors with them something I hoped for, for a long time. So you're right I'm very eager and excited about these regardless of the fact generally speaking these are great games love them. I was already a fan of Doom 64 ex and Turok ex 1 and 2 are awesome pretty cool seeing the growth now between 1 and 2 also.

Also, there is some Iguana/Acclaim devs here though. You won't find them posting much so its hard to find out who but they're here.

Old One Eye:
It's cool to hear that you started this forum with few hopes of anything being produced in the future only to find a full on renaissance.  Not one, but two remasters within a couple of years of turokforums?  That's really great. :)

My biggest regret is selling my NTSC RGB modded N64 with my Ever Drive cart and original games.  I really miss it now.  Playing N64 games through emulation just isn't the same...

It's also cool to hear that some of the original devs lurk here too.  I'll keep my eye open for any suspect posts. ;)

Rok:

--- Quote from: Jay Doomed on March 27, 2017, 01:45:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Old One Eye on March 27, 2017, 06:10:03 AM ---At least they'd get some proper feedback from people who understand the Turok series...

--- End quote ---

Yeah I remember hearing about some of the Iguana team being very happy to see and find this place.
--- End quote ---

Jay Doomed:

--- Quote from: Old One Eye on March 27, 2017, 03:37:17 PM ---It's true that this place hasn't been around for that long.  It seems to be a pretty positive place - here's hoping it stays that way.  I have to take a break from the Doom forums every so often as it always gets toxic at some point...  To many geeks with very particular ideas I suppose...

--- End quote ---

We try to keep it positive all the time. Its funny the forum is like opposite of usual forums literally. If someone is being a selfish jerk than we have to return that blood they may get ripped into. They don't seem to allow other members acting better than others type of thing. Anyways, I'm not a moderator or admin just saying in general and I care lots about this forum so I look out too. 64, Dinomite, and Rok do a good job.

I hear you... Doom forums it can get pretty heated sometimes. I mostly just go to this forum now I mean we even talk about Doom here. But I can't stand steam forums at all you don't want me to go on about that crap I can't even go on it without feeling disturbed and great now I want to cringe just thinking :/

Random: I really like your profile pic here One Eye xD

Old One Eye:
It's nice to know there's somewhere safe where I can share my thoughts on Doom.  Doom, Quake, Rise of the Triad and Turok are all very close to my heart... I think I'm getting old!

PS: Thanks for the compliment.  It's from one of my favourite comic strips.  Flesh is just such cheesy fun but with a pretty serious undertone.  Love it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version